Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Prophecy Book 2 ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Notes::: I'm thinking of grouping this back into one big story again Book 1 as a one shot and Book 2 as a one shot. I have only one more chapter for this book left to type. Then it's on to Book 3. I have nothing written for that book and all of this book was written at least 2 years ago and my writing style has improved since then.

Cinnabar Island

When they reached Cinnabar Island they all headed for the City Hall, they had an easy time getting past the Rockets in the dark. When they reached City Hall they ran into a familiar face.

"Is that who I think it is?" Ash pointed out the man standing in front of the Hall and talking to a group of people including Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy.

"Looks like that crazy Gym Leader to me. What was his name again?"

"Blaine you dimwit." Jessie waked James upside the head.

"Yeah, we really should apologize for wreaking his gym."

"You mean you still haven't after all these years?" Ash looked at them incredulously.

"What are you talking about? Mom, Dad, why would you wreak the Gym?"

"We were once Rockets. If it wasn't for Ash we would still be Rockets."

"How come you never told me?" Jayne cried.

"We wanted to forget about being Rockets." Jessie held her sobbing daughter and tried to explain. "We wanted to start a new life. And that life did not include Team Rocket." That was said with such scorn in her voice that Jayne looked at her mother alarmed.

"I wish you had told me..."

"We were going to when you turned ten."

"Oh... Ok- I understand."

"I'm going to talk to Blaine you stay here." Ash ran off to where Blaine was holding court.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Someone came ashore via Lapras this morning we have to find them they could be rockets." Blaine had a group of citizens surrounding him as well as a group of police officers off to the side.

Ash walked up to the back of the group and cleared his throat. "No one who came ashore is currently a member of Team Rocket."

"PIKACHU!!!" /RIGHT\

"Ash Ketchum." Blaine stared at the newcomer to his island, "Where have you been for the last six years?"

"Rockets aren't the only threat in this world, at least they weren't always, and I went to a place where the threat called 'Reporters' could not find me."

"I take it the there are former Rockets in your party?"

"Yeah they quit eight years ago...."

"Hmmm are they trust worthy?"

"Yeah, they really have been helping in Vermilion City. Lt. Surge trusts them and you know how her is."

"Fine" Blaine nodded. "Bring them over here."

Ash waved the three former Rockets and the daughter of two of them over to the group. "These are Jessie and James; their Daughter, Jayne; and the ever lovable talking Meowth."

"We're sorry for icing your Gym." They said in unison bowing. " Your Magmar scared us."

"Why would icing a Gym be so bad? Wouldn't the ice just melt?" Jayne asked confused.

"In a normal gym maybe, but my Gym was in the volcano. If it had erupted all of Cinnabar island could have been destroyed."

"Ohhh. That's bad." Jayne nodded in understanding.

"The reason we're here is to tell you about the Fortress and to find out whether or not your people would like to relocate or stay here?"

"Hmmm, we should call a town meeting."

"Can't you just have Jenny and this group tell everyone in groups and take a vote?" asked Ash

"Why?" Queried Blaine.

"I saw some really big missiles on our way in. I don't want everyone in one place." Ash explained to the waiting crowd.

"Good reason- Fine, where is this Fortress?"

"The Fortress in underneath Pallet Town. It was just finished after almost two centuries of work about three months before I left on my Pokemon journey. It is the largest structure, underground or above ground or in the air, ever built. There should be room for everyone there."

"Weapons?"

"Plenty and the means to make more... it is also made out of the same material as the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town."

"You heard him. Spread the word and get a vote whether to stay or go. And remember that even after leveling Lavender Town Team Rocket still can't find a way to bring that Tower down."

"Yes sir." Jenny saluted and her group left to bring to news and get the vote. When they returned an hour later they counted the vote.

"Well it seems most of the islanders want to leave, the rest will go along with the majority vote. How were you thinking of getting to Pallet?"

"Flying Pokemon? No... the people will want to take their possessions with them. Get everyone packed within three days. I'll send Squirtle for the Lapras and rafts that we used for Vermilion city."

"Lapras then, we will have groups of about ten at each cove two Lapras and four rafts should do it. We have a small population when there are no tourists."

"Fine the pick up will be after sundown." Ash released Squirtle and gave him instructions.

"Alright!! You will all bring word to the rest of the island, one raft per Lapras will be for people and one for possessions. That is five people to a raft." Blain sent Jenny's group off to tell the rest of the island.

"Yes, sir." Jenny saluted and took her group off on their mission.

Three nights later Cinnabar Island was deserted... left to the wild Pokemon and the surf. The Lapras took off at top speed for the mainland; because with their arrival came a message from Gary that Team Rocket was getting restless on the high seas.... As dawn approached Ash realized that he had a whole armada of Rocket ships on his tail and- there was nothing he could do about it.

Pallet Town

Gary was sitting in the War Room and a soldier came running in. He stopped and saluted. "Sir, the Lapras are Returning with the refugees from Cinnabar Island."

Gary looked up from the papers he was going over. "That's good. So, why are you running?"

"Team Rocket is right behind them."

"Then send out the Clans on Flying Pokemon- I think that they will appreciate some payback."

"Yes Sir." The guard again saluted and then ran off to find Lara.

On The Sea

"Pikachu don't you dare start electrocuting Team Rocket." Ash growled at his longtime friend.

"Pika?" /Why?\

Ash sweat-dropped at that, "We'll be shocked too."

Pikachu put her paw behind her head and smiled. "Pi...." /Oh...\

"Ash look ahead of us. Something's coming." Blain pointed at the sky.

"Hmmm.... Flying Pokemon."

"Team Rocket backup?" Suggested Jessie worriedly.

"I don't know... they are coming from Pallet's direction."

Ash then heard a distinctive battle cry coming from the fliers.

"No- these are friends."

"Are you sure?" James still looked worried.

"The Nomad Clans are not friends of Team Rocket. They are friends of ours."

"So we are saved/" Asked Officer Jenny in relief.

"Yes."

As the flying nomads attacked Team Rocket Lara flew down to Ash.

"Come on the Clan Warriors will keep them busy."

"Right!"

The group from Cinnabar Island fled towards the shore at Pallet Town. When they got there they were greeted by the people of Pallet to help them get settled in. Ash, Jessie and James went to Gary and made their reports then went to sleep.