Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Psychic Pokemon Experience ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Sabrina watched as her Venonat ran around the backyard, searching for the little red bugs he liked so much. She tossed her pokeball from one hand to the other, wondering when her father would be home. He'd promised to take her to see a Pokemon battle today. Venonat had virtually no experience, and Sabrina was curious as to how he could ever learn to fight. Her father had only said to let him get plenty of exercise. Sabrina wasn't exactly sure what exercise was, but she let Venonat run around everyday for about an hour.

Suddenly, something bumped against Sabrina's foot. She looked down to see her father's pokeball. Without a second thought, she released Abra. Much to her disbelief, he stood up. Then Abra climbed onto her shoulders.

"Abraaaaaa," he whispered in her ear. But to Sabrina, it sounded like, "Follow Venonat, child."

Venonat had stopped running around, and was now hopping in place.

Sabrina hesitantly took a step forward.

Venonat chittered urgently, heading past the underbrush.

Sabrina followed Venonat the best she could, but she'd forgotten how fast he was. Whenever she lost sight of him, Abra would tell her in which direction she should go.

In this manner they stumbled into a small clearing, where Venonat was waiting. Beside him, a small white form laid on the ground, partially covered in leaves. "What is it?" Sabrina asked, not really expecting an answer.

"Mew," came Abra's reply in her mind.

Sabrina kneeled down next to the animal.

"Help her."

Sabrina glanced at Abra, who nodded. She carefully removed the leaves and picked up the animal. It appeared to be a cat that had been wounded. The eyes opened slightly and looked at her. "Hi, kitty," she whispered, smiling at it. The cat moaned and closed its eyes.

Abra made a strange noise, and Venonat scurried over to them. There was a bright flash of light.

The next thing Sabrina knew, they were standing on the back porch again. She realized that Abra had just used his teleportation powers. "Thanks," she said, nodding to him.

Abra said nothing; he had fallen asleep on her shoulder.

Sabrina carried the injured cat inside, being careful not to be heard by her mother. She quickly went to her bedroom and closed the door.

After a quick scan of her room, Sabrina placed the cat on her pillow. Venonat grabbed a blanket and draped it over the cat. Not knowing what else to do, Sabrina sat down on a chair and waited. "I hope it'll be okay," she said. Venonat hopped in her lap, trying his best to comfort her. She rested her chin on his fuzzy head.

At this point, Abra suddenly woke up. Sabrina had forgotten he was resting on her shoulder. Abra slowly stepped onto the bed and placed his hand on the cat's head. "Abra," he said slowly.

The cat blinked and looked up at him. "Mew?" it asked.

Abra nodded and pointed to Sabrina. "Abra," it repeated, making a strange sign with its hands.

The cat stared at Sabrina for a few seconds. Finally, its tail waved.

Abra turned to Sabrina. "She thanks you for saving her."

Sabrina nodded, and Venonat chittered happily.

Sabrina's father walked in a few minutes later. "Ready to go, honey?" he asked. He froze when he saw the cat. He blinked in disbelief. "Sabrina...where did you get that cat?"

"Abra and Venonat found her in the backyard. She's hurt bad, Daddy. Can you help her?"

"Sabrina, that's a Mew, one of the rarest and most powerful Pokemon alive today. I couldn't possibly heal it. I'd have no idea where to start."

"Daddy, please!" Sabrina pleaded, tugging at his hand.

George stared down at his daughter. She'd never really asked for anything her whole life, but he could see she really wanted his help. Since Abra had never been harmed, George didn't know the first thing about healing Pokemon, but he knew someone who did. "Take Abra and Venonat to the car," he said finally.

"Oh, thank you, Daddy!" Sabrina cried, hugging him.

He gently patted her head. "Go on, sweetie. I'll bring the cat."

Sabrina drew his head down and kissed his nose before grabbing Abra and running out of the room. Venonat was right behind her, as usual.

With a sigh, George carefully picked up the cat.

Mew opened one eye, staring at his face.

George froze. If a Mew thought it was being threatened, it could kill with a thought. Or so he had heard. But Mew only closed its eye and went limp in his arms. As he walked out of the room, George could swear he heard it whisper, "Thank you, sir."

* * * * *

Nurse Joy was just finishing her weekly talk with her sister in Cerulean City when the father and daughter ran in. As she hung up the phone, Joy noticed the father was carrying a small blanket in his arms, as if he was holding a baby. There was an Abra sitting on the girl's shoulder, and a Venonat at her feet. Joy wasn't sure which Pokemon needed her help, but decided to be polite anyway.

"Welcome to the Saffron City Pokemon Center. How may I help you?" she asked, flashing a bright smile.

The man seemed very nervous. He leaned over the counter until his face was a few inches from hers. "We have an emergency," he whispered. Before Joy could ask any questions, he pulled away part of the blanket, revealing the white face.

Joy gasped in surprise. "You've got a...a...a M-M-M..." She couldn't even finish the sentence.

The man nodded and shushed her, glancing around. "Can you just help it, please?" he asked.

Joy instantly came out of her flustered state as her duty to injured Pokemon kicked in. "I need a stretcher for a small psychic Pokemon!"

Two Chanseys immediately appeared, rolling a stretcher between them. "Chansey!" they both said.

The father placed Mew on the stretcher, watching anxiously as they wheeled it away.

"We'll do our best," Joy promised as she walked into the emergency room.