Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Psychic Pokemon Experience ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

A little over an hour later, Nurse Joy appeared.

Sabrina ran up to her. "Is my kitty okay?"

Joy smiled. "She's resting now. Just keep her grounded for the next few days, and she should be fine."

"Thanks," George said. "Say, you didn't--"

"My lips are sealed," Joy replied. "How did you manage to capture it?"

"We didn't catch it," Sabrina explained. "Venonat and Abra found her in the backyard like that."

"Well, it's a very good thing that you got her here when you did," Joy said. "Without the proper treatment, I'm almost certain we would've lost her. From the scars on her body, I'd say she was flying when it happened. She probably crashed, for some reason."

Two Chanseys rolled out Mew's stretcher a few seconds later. The cat's eyes were wide and alert, but the many bandages on her body prevented most movement. She was still covered in a blanket.

"Can she walk?" George asked.

Joy shook her head. "It'd be best if one of you carried her for a while. When she's able to walk, she will."

George nodded and carefully handed the cat to Sabrina. "Don't worry, kitty. We'll take good care of you," she promised.

Mew only closed her eyes and fell into a peaceful sleep.

"Be careful with her," Joy warned. "There's lots of trainers around here that would love to have a Mew."

George smiled and herded Sabrina towards the door. The faster they got home, they safer they all would be. Besides, he'd heard that Team Rocket was still at large, and possibly nearby.

* * * * *

Over the next few days, Sabrina kept a constant watch over Mew. The cat healed very quickly for any Pokemon. By the second day, it was already walking again. But Sabrina worried constantly about the little thing, even though it was almost in perfect health now. Her father had made it very clear that they just couldn't keep a Mew as a pet, much less as a trained Pokemon. He'd said that as soon as the cat was ready, they had to release it.

Sabrina didn't want to keep the cat, for fear of taking away its survival instinct. But she certainly didn't want to let it go. What if it got hurt again? Who would take care of it? She decided that she'd keep Mew as long as possible. The cat was perfectly capable of defending itself, but surviving as a wild Pokemon took more than that.

On the afternoon of the third day, Sabrina took Mew outside for the first time. If it was going to heal completely, it needed some exercise. While Mew refused to run around with Venonat, she allowed Sabrina to stretch her leg muscles. Afterwards, she worked on psychic attacks with Abra. They'd been at it a good thirty minutes when Mew froze and stared upwards.

"What's wrong, kitty?" Sabrina asked, looking up as well. "You see something?"

Mew didn't answer her.

Abra climbed on Sabrina's shoulder. "I sense great powers headed this way, child. Perhaps we should go inside." Before Sabrina could even think of moving, there was a loud roar overhead.

Three dark shadows appeared against the clouds in a V-formation, pausing for a moment. One of them broke away and plummeted towards the ground at an alarming rate.

"It's going to crash!" Sabrina cried.

Mew danced around excitedly, for some reason. Venonat and Abra stared upwards solemnly.

The dark shadow slowed and touched down a few feet away, and a large dust cloud rose up around it, shielding its shape from their eyes. After a few tense seconds, Sabrina could see a purple paw step through the dust. Without realizing it, she picked up Mew, hoping to protect it from any possible threat.

She watched in amazement as another cat stepped out of the dust, balancing perfectly on two large, powerful hind legs. It stopped about twenty feet away, its eyes trained on Sabrina. The mouth moved, and a strange language floated from its lips.

Sabrina didn't understand, but on her shoulders, she could feel Abra leaning forward. Perhaps he knew the language. After a few seconds, she could hear his whispered voice in her head. "The situation is grave, child. He demands that you release Mew or pay with your life!"