Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Psychic Pokemon Experience ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

Sabrina stared at the stream beside her. It might have been boring to anyone else, but to her, it was the most peaceful spot on Earth. She sighed and dipped one finger into the stream. "It's almost time," she thought to herself. "In a few more hours, I'll make my wish. Then the whole world will see the true beauty of Pokemon everywhere."

"Sabrina, what are you doing out here?" a voice asked.

She turned slightly. "Nothing, Dad. I'm just thinking."

Her father sat down beside her. "You're scared, aren't you?"

"Very," she admitted. "But I know I'm doing the right thing. It feels right to me."

He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Sabrina, I've never told you this before, but I'm really proud of you. Soon, the whole world will be proud of you. It'll be the best feeling in the world, I promise."

Sabrina smiled a bit. "Thanks, Dad. Hey, where's Kadabra?"

"Right here," he replied, holding out a pokeball. "I got him energized for you."

She slowly took the pokeball. "Are you sure about this, Dad? I mean, he's really yours."

Her father shook his head. "I caught Abra, but he's yours now. You helped him evolve, not me. You two belong together. Besides, didn't you say he's your best Pokemon?"

"Well, he's got more training than the others." Sabrina slowly got up.

"He's also more powerful than ever," her father added, also standing. "But enough of that. We should go inside. You still haven't selected any members for the Silk Circle yet."

Sabrina smiled as they walked back towards the Pokemon Center. "Oh, I've got some members in mind."

* * * * *

"We get to stay here?!" Ash asked in total disbelief.

The limo driver grinned. "Sabrina spared no expense when it came to you guys. This is the best room in the place!"

"Check out the huge beds!" Brock shouted, bouncing on one of them.

"There's even a tank for my water Pokemon!" Misty added. Staryu, Starmie, and Horsea seemed to like the idea, too.

"I'm glad you're all pleased with the room," a cheery voice said.

Misty turned to the door, and Brock fell off the bed and onto his head. Ash followed their gaze.

"Welcome back to Saffron, Ash. I'm extremely happy that you decided to accept my invitation. Did you enjoy the limo ride?"

Ash scratched his head. "Well, Sabrina, we were kinda wondering why we're the only ones that got a limo."

Sabrina seemed surprised by his question. "As far as I'm concerned, you saved my life. I'm only showing my gratitude." She paused. "Though I suppose it is a bit much. Anyway, we should go. As my most important guests, I want you to be the first ones to see my Red Room."

"Red Room?" Misty asked.

"Just like that Green Room in the White House," Sabrina explained. "Except it really is red all over. It's the official meeting room of my Pokemon Organization."

"Does it have a name?" Brock asked. "The Pokemon Organization, I mean."

"Oh, sure!" Sabrina said. "But I can't tell you that now. You'll have to wait, just like everyone else."

* * * * *

The Red Room was filled with excited guests. At the front of the room, there was a long table. Sabrina, Ash, Pikachu, Misty, and Brock sat on one side. The other seats at the table were empty.

"Are you expecting more guests?" Ash whispered, indicating the seats.

Sabrina nodded and smiled. "Yes, they'll join us later. But right now, I have to introduce you all. I am the hostess, after all."

Sabrina stepped forward, microphone in hand. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to thank you all for coming! I'm Sabrina, the Saffron City Gym Leader!" There was a huge round of cheers. "Before we get started, I'd like to introduce two special guests that I'm sure you've all seen before!"

"Does she mean us?" Ash asked in surprise.

"First, all the way from Team Rocket HQ in parts unknown, Team Rocket Leader, Giovanni!"

Ash couldn't believe his ears. Neither could Misty and Brock.

"What's she doing?!" Misty hissed. "He's the most evil man in the world!"

"Well, he does have a lot of power," Brock whispered. "And he's a very skilled Pokemon trainer. I guess it's only fair."

"Next, I'd like to welcome the leader of the Pokemon League, Lance!"

Lance stood up and accepted the huge amounts of cheers, waving to his fans.

"So she got the best and the worst, and in the same room," Brock commented. "She's really good."

"And now, I'd like to present three of the most talented Pokemon trainers I've ever met, and my dearest friends! Everyone, meet Ash Ketchum, Misty Waterflower and Brock Shale!"

The three trainers were very surprised by how much applause they received.

"When did we get famous?" Ash whispered.

Misty shrugged and waved at the people. "Who cares? Just enjoy it!"

When the applause died down, Sabrina went on. "As you all know, we're here to celebrate the grand opening of my new Pokemon Organization. So, without further ado, I give you...The Psychic Pokemon Alliance!"

The audience broke into applause again as a long line of trainers entered the large room, each with their own psychic Pokemon. There were Abras, Kadabras, Psyducks, and many more, as far as the eye could see.

"Wow. So it's a psychic Pokemon Organization," Ash said quietly.

"Pika!(Cool!)" Pikachu agreed.

A few moments later, Sabrina began again. "The Psychic Pokemon Alliance, as any other large group, will be need to maintain order to succeed. That's why I've created the Silk Circle, a specialized council that will help me direct the Alliance toward its main goal: to reveal the usefulness of all Pokemon to humans, no matter what type they are."

Suddenly, there was something that sounded like an explosion overhead. Ash instinctively reached for the pokeball containing Squirtle, thinking Team Rocket had decided to spoil Sabrina's party.

Instead, a bright light filled the room for about three seconds. As it faded away, five figures could be seen in the center of the room. The tallest of them stepped forward, slowly and majestically. There was no doubt that he was the leader of the group.

There were a few hushed gasps and whispers from the audience. Sabrina didn't care. This was her greatest moment.

"Thanks for coming, guys," she said, a big grin on her face.

"It was our pleasure, dear," Mew replied, smiling up at her. "I assume you're ready to make your wish?"

Sabrina nodded. "I've thought about it for a couple of years, and now I'm sure. I want you five to be a part of my Silk Circle."

For a moment, Mewtwo frowned, and Sabrina thought that he would go back on his word. But then Mewtwo turned and whispered something to the smallest member of the their group. The Pokemon nodded and replied, "Ditto!" In a few seconds, Dragonair towered over everyone else in the room.

Mewtwo turned back to Sabrina. "Very well, child. We will grant your wish on one condition."

"Name it," Sabrina said quickly.

Mew stepped forward. "Ditto is arguably the most powerful among us, but he isn't very good at making major decisions," she explained.

"You mean he's stupid?" Sabrina whispered.

Mew sighed, but nodded. "I'm afraid so. He's better off serving as our main source of protection. That's why we must insist that you add more members to the Silk Circle. An odd number would be better."

Sabrina had a sudden moment of inspiration. "What about them?" she asked, gesturing to Ash, Misty and Brock.

"Humans?" Mewtwo asked in disgust.

"No, she's right," Mew said. "As Pokemon, our choices would be slightly one-sided. This way, there are four humans and four Pokemon in the Silk Circle."

"Very well," Mewtwo sighed. "Are we all in agreement, comrades?"

Golduck, Alakazam, Mew, and Ditto (now Dragonair) nodded.

Sabrina's smile could've lit up the entire Red Room. She led the five Pokemon over to their reserved spots at the long table. "Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present the Silk Circle!" she announced.

There was silence in the room for a long moment. Then Lance stood up and clapped. Giovanni quickly joined him. Soon, everyone in the room was on their feet, voicing their approval.