Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Psychic Pokemon Experience ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

Ash sat on his bed, staring at the plain envelope in his hand. It was addressed to him, or rather, a "Mr. Ash Ketchum," for some reason. No one called him that, not even Professor Oak. He looked for the sender's address, and nearly fell off his bed when he saw that it came straight from Saffron City.

After standing up, Ash flew down the stairs and ran into the backyard, where Misty and Brock were just finishing a battle. Brock's Vulpix had just wiped the floor with Misty's Starmie, and there was a huge smile on his face.

"Guys, I got a letter from Saffron City!" Ash yelled, waving the envelope above his head.

"Well, open it!" Misty cried, yanking it out of his hand.

"Hey!" Ash tried to get it back, but Misty pinned his arms and handed the envelope to Brock, who tore it open.

"So what's it say?" Misty asked.

Speechless, Brock just handed them the letter.

Dear Mr. Ketchum,

Your presence is requested at the grand opening of a new Pokemon Organization! You are invited to bring two guests, and your Pokemon, of course! Your transportation will be provided at the Pallet Pokemon Center next Friday, at 7:30 AM. Please be on time! And remember, a Pokemon is only as good as its trainer!

Sincerely,

Sabrina

Saffron City Gym Leader

"Wow," Ash said quietly. "Sabrina's inviting us back to Saffron City?"

"No, she's inviting you, your Pokemon, and two guests," Misty corrected him. "Of course, it would be very rude if you didn't take us with you."

"I'm in!" Brock volunteered. "I mean, after Sabrina got rid of her dark side, she was really pretty!"

Misty shook her head. "Then I'd better go to keep you from drooling too much. What do you think, Ash?"

"I think we'd better start packing!" Ash shouted, running back to the house.

* * * * *

The week passed by quickly, and before the gang knew it, they were standing outside the Pallet Pokemon Center. "It's 7:30 now," Brock informed the others, after glancing at his watch. To their surprise, a black limo pulled up while he was still speaking.

"Wow! Maybe somebody famous is coming to town!" Ash said.

The driver's side window was lowered. "You're Ash, right?" the man inside asked.

Ash nodded. "How do you know my name?"

"Well, I'm supposed to take you and your friends to Saffron City."

"You mean this thing's for us?!" Brock cried.

"Sure!" the man replied, stepping out of the car. "Were you expecting a bus or something?"

"I know I was," Misty said quietly.

"Well, for some reason, you're the only trainers that got a limo. Everyone else had to take a bus," the driver told them as he put their luggage in the trunk. "Sabrina must think very highly of you kids."

"Cool!" Brock said. "Maybe now she'll go out with me!"

Ash and Misty sweatdropped. "Just get in the limo, Brock," Ash mumbled. "It's a long way to Saffron City."

"Five hours, to be exact," the driver said, opening the door for them. "But I've seen where you're staying. Believe me, it's worth the trip."

Ash, Misty and Brock glanced at each other before getting inside.

As the limo started up and drove away from Pallet, Ash was thinking. "We always knew Sabrina was rich, but it seems like she's spending a lot of money on us."

Brock, though his mouth was full of rice, answered Ash. "Who cares?! You've got to try these rice balls! They're even better than mine!"

"This pie isn't so bad either," Misty said, taking a big bite. "There's even some food for our Pokemon!"

Ash's bag suddenly came to life, and a few seconds later, Pikachu's head appeared. "Pikachu?(Where's the food?)"

Ash laughed and handed Pikachu a rice ball. "Eat up, buddy!"

"Pika!(Thanks!)" Pikachu said, munching on it.

* * * * *

"Everybody out! We're here!" the driver announced.

Ash opened his eyes. "Already?"

The driver laughed. "You slept and missed the whole trip, kid! We're in Saffron City now."

Misty and Brock were dragging their bags out of the trunk. "Come on, slowpoke!" Misty said. "We're gonna be late if you just sit there!"

Ash rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and climbed out of the limo. The first thing he saw was a huge red building. "Whoa! What is this place?"

"That's the new Saffron City Pokemon Center. It's a resort, a gym, and a rest stop for Pokemon!"

"Neat!" Misty said.

"Are there girls?" Brock asked quickly.

The driver nodded and winked. "Plenty of them, my friend. It is the grand opening, so there's bound to be thousands of visitors."