Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: AAMLS II ❯ The Eternal Question ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: Me… own Pokémon? I laugh at you. Only in my wildest dreams!

Story number: Six of about seven. Yep, we're almost there!
Rating? I think this is good enough for PG!
Any notes today?
The usual jazz:
-the Timetravelers are the organization that uses psychics who travel through time… blah blah… Ash is with them, now making him psychic… blah blah… they beat up Team Rocket… blah blah…
-Blah blah… yes, Giovanni is Ash's father and he's not evil. Everyone GASP! Oh wait, he's being evil for the right people. (it was in a conversation cut out of AAMLS I. It didn't fit with the story too much)
-The Timetravelers mentioned aren't too important.
-If it isn't explained, sorry. :(
Please note that AAMLS stands for the Ash and Misty Love Story... but isn't it obvious? :)
First: Note the time skip. Nothing important to this plotline has happened in-between parts I and II.
That's code for that I can't write anything!
Second: If this all were true, it'd be -3 years until Nayana's birthday today! (Written November 20, 2003)(As you can see, I type way ahead before I post.)
Third: You all do know that TT HQ is Timetraveler Headquarters, right? I don't know if I've used it before, but I figured that I better tell you now. I think that there's going to be more parts starting off there.
Anything else? ...

Oh yes, I might be evil again. Read and find out! ^_^

And hey, if you read AAMLS I and know who Mk is already, did you notice that she was mentioned not once in the whole entire story? Not even in the notes? Cool, huh? You do see what could be [and I say it is] Arielle though for about five seconds.
Acutally, someone commented on this, kinda. I guess they noticed, because they said that they thought that Mk was the focus of the series. Well, that's what I thought at first... and it turned out that she wasn't at all. :)

---
The Timetravelers: AAMLS II
Part One: The Eternal Question

November 6th, 2005
Viridian City, 6 p.m.

"Well, today's the day Pikachu!" Ash excitedly told him (or it, whatever).

"Pikachu!" he said. Oh, he had heard so much from Ash about this. Ash had told him about the whole situation…

Ash and Misty had been dating for over four years, more like six. Over time, they had just grown even closer. They were rarely apart. Well, they had a couple of fights, but what couple doesn't? Anyway, Misty had gotten a job working as a secretary for… the Timetravelers! Because of this, they at least saw each other three times a week, that is, if Ash didn't stop over at her apartment in Viridian (or vise versa) at least once a week on the off days. This always seemed to interfere with Ash's college work, but he didn't mind at all.

They have been dating for a long time, and everyone was surprised that Ash hasn't popped the question yet. Well, he is tonight. It felt like it was time to try. Naturally, Ash was nervous. What if she didn't want to marry him?

"I doubt she'll say no," Giovanni had told him when Ash had come over for dinner to talk about it. "You two have been together for a long time."

Of course, he was right. They've gone this far. What's stopping them now?

Ash finished getting dressed. They were going to a fancy restaurant tonight, so he had to dress up nice. Besides, everything just had to go right, or he might not live it down… or she might turn away! What would he do without the love of his life?

Pikachu was excited. He wanted those two to get together as badly as Ash's human friends did. They were meant to be together. It was destiny that brought them together, and now nothing could tear them apart.

Or… could something?

Ash drove down to Misty's apartment. She was waiting outside, and she was wearing a long blue dress and a beaded shawl. She looked excited.

"Hello Misty. Ready to go?"

"Uh-huh. It's freezing outside!" They got in the car (which is a Jeep, by the way) and drove to the restaurant.

They sat down and talked some while they ate dinner. Ash was nervous, but not that nervous. He was sure she'd say yes anyway. Dinner seemed to fly by. Then, it was time. But first, Misty had to "freshen up" because her make-up was all messed up. While she was walking back to the table, a waiter pulled her aside. He made her look into his eyes.

"You don't love Ash… you hate him."

"I don't." she replied. "I hate him." Her eyes were blank for a second, and then they were back to normal. Misty looked at the man and blinked.

"Good girl..." He looked at the look on her face. "Oh, don't worry about me. You nearly fell." She nodded and went back to the table, only to get her stuff.

[Ok, I do not have the heart to write this next part with dialogue.]

When she gets to the table, Ash proposes. What happens he didn't expect at all.

Misty slapped him. Ash stared at her, tears in his eyes. "Huh?"

"I don't love you. Why should I then?"

Ash was confused. Didn't she say that she loved him at least once a day, and now she doesn't? Was the relationship all a gme from the start to her?

Misty left, but yelled on the way out, "You're a jerk! I never want to see you again!"

"You have to! I work with you!"

"You stupid b------! I'll quit!" Then she was out of view and hearing range.

Ash just stood there. What was going on? Why… why didn't she love him anymore? All he could do was walk out of the restaurant and drive home, crying the whole time.

Pikachu was waiting for him, expecting a smile on his face, but saw that he was teary-eyed. "Pika?"

"She blew me off." He went to his room and fell asleep.

Why Ash?

* * *
The next day (November 7th)
TT HQ, 5:20 p.m.

Ash slowly walked to meeting room. Misty was on the computer, typing up stuff. She smiled and threw some chewed-up bubble gum at Ash. It landed on his shirt.

"That's what you get, you jerk!"

Ash just kept walking and he got to the meeting room. Everyone looked at him because he was so down. "What's up?" Don asked.

"Never mind. Not your problem," he said quickly.

"Whatever." They didn't want to touch the subject anymore if it put him in this kind of mood. But they still wondered what had happened.

Then, their soon-to-be new boss, Mr. Takenshi, and Ms. Lee walked in. Mr. Takenshi was taking over the group next year and stayed here to get used to how Group A worked.

"Today, we're doing protection missions…"

Ash looked down at the floor. He didn't feel like doing anything. The incident still burned inside his heart. All he wanted was someone to care about him like Misty used to… and to sleep.

"What's up?" Amy asked. Her usually brown hair was dyed pink. "And what's with the gum on your shirt?"

"Misty."

"Huh? Why would she put gum on your shirt? That's a weird sign of affection."

Ash was silent. Then, "It wasn't a sign of affection."

Amy knew enough to guess what was wrong. "She broke up with you?!"

"Hmm." He just looked down at the table, and then he laid his head on it.

"Aw, you'll get over this!" Amy said, smiling. Then, they all went on their mission. They came back tired and hungry. Misty threw Ash his paperwork for the day.

"Take your stupid paperwork!" She seemed to be even more evil than if they were just fighting…

"Shut up!"

"Make me!" Misty yelled.

Ash was tempted to beat her up, but Don and Amy caught him before hid did anything. "She's not worth it!" He backed away.

"Fine! See if I ever care about her again!"

"Don't!" she yelled back.

Ash did the paperwork and threw it at Misty to file. Then he stomped down to the locker room. What was going on? Did he rally hate her now, or would he get over it?

It was the eternal question: Did Ash love or hate Misty? And if he loved her, would they EVER get back together?

-To be continued…-
---
The other disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon. I don't think they'd ask the eternal question. Nope. Well, maybe the first part. Not the second.

Now everyone who has read AAMLS I roll his or her eyes. I did it again...