Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: Time of Danger ❯ Mind Meld ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: don't own Pokémon.
---
The Timetravelers: Endenflaré
Part Five: Mind Meld

September 6th, 2006
Viridian Hospital, 3:30 p.m.

Mk had her once a month visit with Ash. This was the only time she'd visit, for two reasons:

1.Mk wanted to be alone with Ash when she visited.
2.Misty wanted to be alone with Ash when she visited.

And since Misty's his wife, she talked to her about it and compromised for once a month.

Mk obviously wanted to be alone with him because that way, she could talk to him like a daughter would. And that was who she was, wasn't she?

The doctors were outside with Misty. She still watched Mk from the window. The doctors had screens with Ash's vital signs on it, so that way, if there were an emergency, they'd know.

Mk tapped Ash's shoulder. "Hi Daddy." She wasn't quite sure why she was calling him Daddy again. She'd only call him that when she was begging for something. Of course, she wasn't worried about him learning. Even if he could understand, he probably wouldn't believe that he was her father anyway. "I'm visiting again." She didn't care if he couldn't hear her or that he couldn't talk back; it was nice to talk to him anyway.

"I found another proof of why this is a wrinkle again. Today you went on a picnic. I think it was even at this time. You went out to the lake about five minutes away from our house. It was you, Mom, Pikachu, Grandma and Grandpa. You all had a good time, and all of the pictures that were taken by Grandma showed it. Apparently, Mom kept splashing you with water, and it drove you mad…

"But now…" Mk looked at him, helpless. "You won't have these memories!" she was sobbing. "I swear to you Father, that one day, I will kill Jonathan Giovanni for what he's done." Then she got up. She was done.

"He's all yours," Mk said to Misty.

"Thanks for keeping it short," Misty said.

"No problem. I wanted to visit Arielle anyway. See you!"

Mk then went to Arielle's room. Lance was there. He always was. Everyone called him the 'Misty Equivalent' for Arielle. Well, he did say that he loved her…

"May I?" Mk asked.

"Sure. Can I stay?" His voice seemed different. It seemed kinder or something. But then again, he always made it sound tough…

"Ok. It isn't anything you haven't heard anyway," she said. Arielle was ever so slowly improving, and that was good. The sooner she got out, the better.

"Hey Arielle." She tapped her sister's shoulder.

* * *

Arielle's mind!

A sixteen-year-old Arielle was in a calm forest. Nayana had come to join Lance. Unlike Ash, Arielle could partially understand everything said.

"Hey," she heard. Nayana tapped her shoulder. "Dad, wrinkle, fact, today, picnic," she deciphered. She thought about it out loud, because she couldn't do it any other way.

"Ok, maybe… this is a wrinkle again, she has a fact, and Dad's on a picnic? Or maybe Dad has the fact?"

"Mom, sad, talk, pull plug," Nayana continued.

"Mom's sad, talk about pulling a plug?" She knew it wouldn't be her plug that'd get pulled, and she didn't know that Ash was in a psychic coma. That she hadn't pieced together.

"Okay, Timetravelers, working," Nayana said some more.

"That's easy. She's okay and working."

"Miss Dad, well," Nayana said. If only Arielle could get a good facial emotion. The faces always stayed the same in her mind.

"You miss Dad? Isn't he around? You did say well…" Arielle always wondered why he and Misty didn't visit her…

"Bye!" Nayana faded as she left.

* * *

Mk sighed. "I hope she gets better soon," she said as she left.

"So do I," Lance replied, taking her hand again.

* * *

Ash's mind

A weird orange-haired girl was there earlier. She looked kinda like Angel, except with longer hair, and she wasn't as pretty. She'd speak differently too.

While Ash pondered this girl, a redhead girl appeared. She looked familiar, but he didn't know her name.

"Weird. I moved," she said. Ash bounced. She talked his language.

"HI!" he yelled. The girl turned around, still confused.

"Hello. Who are you?" she asked.

"I'm Ash!"

The girl looked at him. "Hi Ash." Fortunately, when two are in a mind meld, they can think in their own head.

A mind meld is when people in psychic comas communicate.

"That's weird. Why is Dad here?" Then it hit Arielle. "Mom, upset, talk, pull plug!? Dad's dying in a psychic coma!?"

"Are you okay?" Arielle asked.

"Yah. I haven't been able to talk to anyone except you. I can't understand them."

"What a shame. Have you seen a woman with short orange hair lately?" Arielle asked. If he was in a psychic coma, then she knew that Misty would be there and not bother to visit her. It was a shame; Arielle would have loved a visit from her…

"You mean Angel? Oh, she's wonderful!" Ash then went into an explanation of how great of a woman Angel was. Arielle could tell that was her mother. She knew that her father always thought those things.

Ash then started running. "Come on… what's your name?"

"Arielle," she said.

"Come on and run some!" She shrugged and chased him around. She knew that Ash was enjoying himself. She smiled. She wondered if he had been this happy in awhile. To think there was a possibility that his life could be cut short… It just wasn't right!

"If only I wasn't in a psychic coma, Jonathan Giovanni would be so dead!" she thought. Arielle didn't want to see Ash die. But then again, she'd be in a coma still when he did. The doctors wouldn't let him survive that long.

She stopped. The connection was slipping.

"I have to go now. Goodbye," Arielle said, waving.

Ash returned the wave. "Come back soon!"

Arielle went back to the chambers of her mind. She wanted to cry.

"it isn't fair! Why does Dad have to die?! Why couldn't it be me? At least I don't have to worry about how my life is going to be if I were to die… but if Dad dies now… what's going to happen to me, to Nayana, to the rest of us?! How will we live without him!?" she asked herself.

But no one could answer.

"Please hold on Father. Don't die on us."

-To be continued…-
---
The other disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon. If they kill off Ash, they have to find a way to bring him back. In here, if he dies, that's it folks! He's dead, and he's not coming back!!

This part is fun. I don't know where I got the idea, but it was there one day. And it turned out longer than I thought it'd be. It was short in the notebook…

Next: Is Ash REALLY going to die?