Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: Time of Danger ❯ More Stuff… ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: don't own Pokémon.

All things are back to normal. Thanks for working with it last part. ^_^

---
The Timetravelers: Endenflaré
Part Seven: More Stuff…

Still November 20th, 2006
Still Viridian City Hospital, still about noon-ish

Everyone was now crowding themselves in the hospital room. Ash found himself around all of his friends.

"Yay! My brother's alive!" Matthew said, hopping onto him, big grin on his face.

"Yep. Took more than some guy to kill me. I'm just too stubborn to die." He ruffled his brother's hair.

"Do you know how many times Ash has almost died, then survived in the end?" Misty said. "I should have figured he'd live out this one," she said, smiling. "But then again, I still was upset."

"So… how long have I been out?" He still didn't notice that his wife was looking a little different… weirdo.

"About five months or so. Can't you tell?" Delia asked.

That's when he saw it.

"No way."

"Yes way!" everyone said.

"Come on, be happy!" Don said. "You're going to be a father!"

"Oh crap…" someone in the room said. "That's a disaster waiting to happen… 'oh honey, Pikachu accidentally shocked one of the triplets to death!'"

Ash freaked. He wasn't expecting that.

"WHAT?!"

He fainted. Really.

* * *

Later, he found himself on his bed still.

"Ok, you're fine. It was the shock of learning that that made you faint, not any condition," the doctor said. "And we got the samples that we need for tests, so until about eleven, go do something in the hospital."

"Oh, okay. See you then." Ash got up and went outside, wondering what he should do until then. Everyone else was there.

"Ok, sorry about that. It was just shocking, that's all. I'm not dying. So now what?"

"I'll go get some lunch! Who wants WacDonalds?" Don asked. He got everyone's orders and took some others to go get the food. By the time it came, everyone had moved to the mess hall to eat it.

"Ooh! Yum!" Misty said, taking a bag. She pulled out a double cheeseburger and large fries. "These are yours," she said, giving them to her husband.

"Yay! Food!" Ash unwrapped his cheeseburger and dug in. Misty shook her head and had her specialty burger. It was really good. Everyone else had their food too, and they started eating.

"So, where's Mk and Arielle?" Ash asked. "I think Arielle's in a psychic coma, because she could talk to me, and I vaguely remember something called a mind meld when I got autotrained…"

"Yes, Arielle is here in a coma. Mk's just missing though. She must have been nervous and decided not to show," Misty said.

"I don't know," Lance said. He was at the same table. "I haven't seen her since the meeting yesterday. She must have been really upset then." But then again, Lance knew Mk enough to know that that was unsusal for her; she always wanted to be with her friends when they were hurt...

"Anything else happen?"

"Jonathan Giovanni's been a pain in our a-- ever since," Lance said. "Not even Mk can take him."

"Oh crap. Do I have to go up against him?"

"No way. We're told not to fight him so we don't lose any more people. Mk does it anyway. She meets him almost every Sunday out at the town square. Of course, Mr. Takenshi doesn't know," Lance said, smiling. "but he always asked about her bruises every Monday."

"Anything else?"

"Nope. We've been mourning…" Misty said. "Does that count?"

"Sure," Ash said. "I guess that you really missed me, huh?"

"Of course I did!" Misty yelled. "Do you know how upset I would have been if you died?!"

"I know, and I'd be just as upset if I were in your position."

Misty smiled. "Aww… thanks."

"For what?"

"For caring about me."

"Ok weirdo."

Lunch was done. Everyone went around the hospital until about three. That's when Lance, Misty and Ash paid Arielle a visit.

* * *

Arielle's mind.

Arielle was expecting to see Lance, but she saw two unexpected (but very very welcome) guests.

"Mom? Dad? Is it really you?" she asked, happy to see them, even if they were illusions.

"Hi," Ash said. "Up, okay."

"YES!" Arielle said. She was happy to see that Time wasn't altered after all. That, and she always wanted her parents to keep her company.

"Thanks, fun, mind meld."

"You're welcome!" Arielle said.

They stayed for awhile, then left. Arielle was extremely happy that her father was alive. Time wouldn't be severely altered after all. She'd be the same as always, and she knew that she couldn't be the only one happy. Of course, she was wondering where Nayana was. But she wasn't too concerned. Nayana could take care of herself.

* * *

Now it was about 10:48. Only Misty was around. Ash was bored. He put his hands in his pockets and found something in them.

"Huh?"

He pulled the mysterious object out. It was a beaded necklace. All of the beads were white except the one in the middle, which was red.

"Hey Misty, what are these?" he asked, handing them to her.

"No clue. But there's a tag on there. See if there's anything written on it."

"Uh… I can't read well. My eyesight is shot right now." Ash had bad eyesight; he wore contacts, but they were getting cleaned right now. Misty handed him his glasses. They were black.

"No way. I'm not wearing them. You can't--"

Ash spoke too soon. Misty forced them on him. "Come on, you don't look that bad in them." It was the truth too. The glasses made him look halfway decent. But he looked better without them.

"Ok, but just for a second. Hmm…" the tag had one word: Nayana.

[No, Mk has never owned this necklace. ^_^]

"Nayana? Isn't that a girl's name?" Ash asked. "It's really nice."

"Yah. I remember my mother talking about it. She knew one once," Misty said.

"Hmm… too bad I don't know anyone with the name Nayana." Well, anyone that existed. He just remembered a dream and there was a girl named Nayana. "I guess a stranger went into my room sometime and put them in. Or they got in when I was in the junk pile."

"Whatever. Hey, let's go look at the infants for no good reason," Misty said. "Besides, it's close to your room."

"Sounds like a plan to me," Ash said. "I've got nothing else to do."

They went over to the area and snuck inside to take a closer look at them. They were hoping to see nice, healthy kids. That's when they saw something very disturbing.

Adia Kensington was standing over a cradle, looking at the child inside. Ash couldn't tell what the infant looked like, even with his glasses on. Right next to her was one of her 'servants', Robert Beckman. Ash didn't like either of them, and he assumed the worst: they were the parents of the child in the cradle.

Soon a nurse walked over and smiled. "Excuse me miss. Do you want to take your other daughter with you?" she asked. "And what's her name?"

Ash felt sick to his stomach. It grossed him out that she had children. "Of all the people to have children, she wasn't one I wanted to see," he thought. "That's just scary and sick…"

Adia turned around and looked at Robert. "Take Narcissa. Leave the nameless one here. It can go to the orphanage." Robert picked up another baby and the two of them quickly walked away.

"That was cold. IT? Hmm… Adia must use a fortuneteller to see the future of her children. I guess that she wasn't worth her time," Ash thought.

Meanwhile, Misty had run over to the cradle. The nurse stared at her.

"I can't believe that b----!" she yelled. "HOW DARE SHE!"

"Ma'am! Calm down! There's nothing you can do about it!" the nurse said, trying to calm her down. Misty was also sickened by what Adia had just done.

Ash also walked over. The Nameless One was crying. Now she was parentless. He knew it couldn't be Mk; Adia wouldn't want to abandon someone like her… but then again, Mk seemed seventeen or eighteen, maybe even nineteen. For this to be Mk, she'd have to be only sixteen or so. To Ash, he couldn't see her at sixteen now. Adia probably had abandoned others. Now he was confused and had no clue where he was going. But he was sure that the Nameless One and Mk had only one thing in common: her mother had abandoned them. That. was. it.

Of course, he was still confused that Mk would use the last name of Ketchum. But that could be for many reasons. He knew that she was going under a fake first name, and knowing her, she was faking her last too. It seemed that she always thought that Misty was great… maybe she was a secret Misty worshipper and Fan Club Member.

They sat there for five minutes. Then a man walked in. "I got DNA tests for the girl… but oh boy… I never thought I'd see the day that Ash Ketchum and Adia Kensington would have kids."

Ash fainted. Again.

* * *

He regained consciousness five minutes later. The people in the room looked at him like he was crazy.

"I'm okay," he said.

Misty stared at him. Ash cringed. He knew he was gonna get it…

"We're adopting her."

"Huh?" That wasn't what he was expecting to come out of her mouth. He blinked. "Out of all of the people in the world, I'd expect you to be the last one to even suggest us adopting her. You hate Adia."

"But she needs a mother. Her real mother doesn't want to fill the position. Besides, she's innocent. I know that Celedons aren't born evil." Come on, Ash was a Celedon, and he wasn't born evil…

"Aren't you concerned about raising four kids at a time? Three's already a lot."

"No way," Misty said. "I'd feel guilty if we sent the poor girl to the orphanage. Nobody would adopt Adia's daughter. She'd be there forever." She took another look at the tiny infant. "She's all alone. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't raise her as my own. Besides, she's your daughter. How can I not accept her with open arms?"

"Well, let's see…" Ash thought. "If I were her, I wouldn't adopt her because Adia's a b----, the nameless one's a full-blooded Celedon, Adia might come back for her later, she might turn on us…"

"Ok then. I'm glad I didn't have to beg you to take her home with us. I don't want her to be alone," he said.

"So, she needs a name," the aid said. "Let's face it, the Nameless One is a horrible name."

Misty didn't have any ideas. She hadn't been looking through baby name books, too busy worrying about other things. In fact, she hadn't done any planning for the kids…

"Nayana."

Misty looked at Ash, and then she remembered those beads. Maybe that was the only idea he had. [Well, you can use that dream as part of the answer.]

"Ok. Middle name?"

It was now obvious that that was the only name he had. Both of them were now clueless. If only they had some time to think about it… "Uh…"

"How about Ashley? I like it," the aid said.

"Ok!" They could deal with that.

"You people are so easy to please. But that's a good thing," the aid said, smiling. "I think the doctors said she'd be ready to go in about a week or so."

The couple looked at Nayana. If they squinted their eyes, it looked like she had orange hair. But it was really hard to tell.

"Can I pick her up?" they both asked at the same time.

"Sure. You'll have to be gentle."

Ash and Misty fought over who should hold her first. They both wanted to have the honor. So they played rock-paper-scissors, and Ash won. Misty sighed and moved on with life.

Meanwhile, the aid grabbed a blanket and wrapped the infant in it. "Be gentle. She's a month premature."

"Ok."

The aid handed Ash his daughter. She was still crying. But for some reason, she stopped when Ash picked her up. Maybe she was scared [or maybe she really likes her daddy. *heart*] Or maybe Ash was special. Whatever the reason, she stopped crying. Misty looked on. Nayana was a cute little baby. Then Misty took a good look at him.

"Are you crying?"

"No. There's a difference between crying and being teary-eyed," Ash replied, turning away.

"Whatever."

They took a look at Nayana's eyes. They were blue for now. After that, they played pass the baby for about ten minutes, then they had to see if Ash was ok. He was, and the two of them left the hospital, glad everything was ok.

But Ash was still sick. The fact that Adia and him had two kids was scary and sick… but that wouldn't change anything between him and Nayana.

-To be continued…-
---
The other disclaimer: Don't own that show called Pokémon. They don't have cousins having kids. [I told you that it was an accident! I changed my ideas and it turned out they were cousins in the end!]

This part is different from the notebook version (except for the last part when they meet Nayana, kinda. Ash didn't faint in that version). But it's all good.

If you want to read the story called Project MIKA (it's about the Mika-Nayana thing), go read it now. You'll learn what happened (basically) in the next part, just in case you want to read and see what happened. Don't worry, it's small; four parts including prologue. It's a neat little story (and part of the ten-part series).

And talk about excuse making.
"Whatever. Hey, let's go look at the infants for no good reason," Misty said. "Besides, it's close to your room."
I had to make them go there…