Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: Who is Ash's Father? ❯ Just Visiting ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I don't own Pokémon. Get over it.

This part was in my head one day way after the story was typed. I figured to write it in as part 7.5 then because I didn't know if I should put it in. Now, I think it's good enough to put in. So if it seems to not fit in, that's why.

---
The Timetravelers: WIAF
Part Eight: Just Visiting

May 6th, 1999
Celedon Mansion, about 6 a.m.

It was yet another day at the mansion. Ash had gotten up early. Someone jumping for joy outside of his room waked him up.

"Yes! We can leave soon!"

"No more working for the boss!"

"And we can capture[s?] more Pokémon!"

Ash got up and looked out the door. Jessie, James and Meowth were celebrating. "They must have heard about what happened two days ago," he thought.

They saw him looking at them all tired-like, and they smiled.

"So twerp, now what? We'll be free soon and you'll be stuck here forever!" Jessie said

"Stop showing off. It's too early in the morning. I'm still trying to sleep," Ash yawned.

The trio looked at him and just left. Even though they weren't the Boss's assistants anymore, they still didn't want to mess with him. They didn't know who Ash had connections to, and how much power they had.

Ash then got dressed, not able to get back to sleep. He still had three hours until his lessons started. Now that Giovanni wasn't leading Team Rocket, Ash had to do three hours of non-stop study. The heads of Team Rocket knew that the sooner Ash got though that book, the sooner they could start teaching him how to lead Team Rocket. That was one thing Ash didn't want to do.

Anyway, he decided to go look around some before breakfast at eight. There were tons to do in the mansion, but Ash didn't feel like doing any of them. He didn't want to swim, or read, or learn how to shoot something. He just wanted to be free, at home, doing what a normal kid his age would do, like go outside and play with friends, or go and train his Pokémon. But no, he just had to be a Celedon, didn't he?

"I wonder if some of the other kids feel this way," he thought. "Do they want to be normal kids, or are they like their parents, who want them to fulfill their duty?"

There was no way to find out though. All he could do was wander around the mansion aimlessly until he got to somewhere that he didn't intend to go: the cells.

He was at the doorway leading down to the cells. Ash could go down there and visit his father if he wanted to; his grandma and aunt said so. As long as he didn't let his father go, he could visit all he wanted. So he decided to.

When he got down there, he saw the trio again taunting their former boss.

"So, should we wash your shoes?"

"Or clean your room?"

"Or do ya stinkin' laundry?"

Ash just sighed and wondered how many grunts did this to him. There probably was a long list of them too. Giovanni seemed to piss everyone off some days.

"Excuse me, I'd like to talk to him now." The trio turned around and saw Ash again.

"No way! We're taunting him! Come back later," Jessie said.

"I can get my grandma or my aunt…" they left, afraid of their new bosses, and the fact that Ash could easily summon them to fire the trio from Team Rocket forever. Then he laughed. "Like I'd ever talk to those two. I hate them."

Giovanni was sitting on his cot. His nice clothes had been replaced with jeans and a t-shirt, and his hair was now slightly messy. He didn't look too happy about being in the cell.

"Did you come to taunt me too? Do you think that it's a good thing for me to be here too?" he asked angrily.

"No. I just came to visit. When you locked me down here, I was bored out of my mind." Ash then looked at his cell more. The cell just had the cot (and a toilet, but we don't like mentioning that). There was nothing else in there, not even a pillow or a blanket. It was easy to tell that they didn't want him to enjoy his stay in the cells.

"How long are you in here for?" Ash asked.

"Until eternity, or until I die. Whichever comes first. Of course, it'll be when I die. My sister put in the eternity part. Sometimes she's so stupid." He looked up at the ceiling. There was nothing on it but some markings from someone who had been throwing a ball at it some time ago.

"Do you think that you would have ever let me go if you weren't in here?" Ash asked. His father didn't answer for a while, but he eventually did.

"I don't know. It would all depend on the situation at hand." But that was reassuring to Ash, considering that he would have thought about it.

"Do you think that I'll ever be free again?"

"Not the way things are going. My sister was convincing my mother before I got booted to change Team Rocket around to primarily psychic grunts. Now I'm sure my mother's going to go with her plan. If they do that, then they'll be more psychic grunts around, and you won't have a chance at all. So no, I don't think so." He looked at Ash with what could have been sympathy, but Ash wasn't sure at all. "Not even those annoying pesky Timetravelers could break you out of here. They can't handle it."

That fact upset Ash very much. He believed that the Timetravelers could do anything. "I guess I'll be in Team Rocket the rest of my life, huh?"

"Yes, that's the way it goes here. You serve in Team Rocket until you can't any longer. That's what happened to my mother, but it seems that she's found enough energy to be able to lead it once again."

Ash would have talked longer if the breakfast bell didn't ring then. He didn't feel like feeding the prisoners (which he'd be forced to do if he was down here any longer), so he said his goodbyes and left the area. After that though were the lessons.

"I loathe Team Rocket." That was all he could think. "I lothe them so much!"

-To be continued…-
---
The other disclaimer: I don't own anyone, let alone Pokémon. Well, I own my original characters, but that's it.
Mk: You bet you own us! You're the insane person that made us up.
Me: Shut up.

Wow. Big words from Ash there. Loathe? Does he even know what that means in the series? Not to insult his intelligence or anything… I was just curious.