Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: Who is Ash's Father? ❯ The First Date ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I don't own Pokémon or anything to do with it. Sorry, this is unofficial. (But I can hear those sighs of relief; don't hide them!)

Sorry if the date's all choppy; I've never been on one. I think dates are supposed to be like this… If you have a problem, just say so!
And I totally changed it around. More at the bottom!

And Ash might be OOC in this part. That's for you to decide.

---
The Timetravelers: WIAF
Part Ten: The First Date

May 19th, 1999 (Same day as last time)
Pallet Town, 6 p.m.

Ash had taken Misty to a little restaurant in town. There weren't many people there today. Most were at home making dinner.

"Hello Ash!" the manager on duty said. "It's nice to see you again!"

"Hey Joe," he said. They got in line and ordered their food, and then sat down at a table while they waited for it.

"So what did you do when I was gone?" Ash asked to start a conversation, and he did care about what had happened to her while she was gone.

"Well, I stay in Pallet Town for a few weeks, then my mom made me go home. I was so miserable without you, and nobody seemed to help me. My sisters wouldn't listen to me, my parents didn't seem to care, and my friends didn't help at all, they were too busy talking about how great you were, and that brought back memories… and it made me hurt even more." She had suffered while he was gone, especially since she had no clue if he was even ok or not. At least when he went to Hoenn, she knew he was ok because he had e-mailed her. But while he was at the mansion, he couldn't e-mail or call her, and that had upset her. "I missed you so much."

"So did I. I spent hours just thinking about how I never got to tell you how I really felt…" The first time he had admitted that he had strong feelings for Misty was when he was with Brock in the cell in January. Ash knew he would listen, and he did. Other than that, he had never told anyone about them, not even Pikachu. Ok, that was a lie. He had, once, while they were alone and Ash had nothing to do. So only one person and one Pokémon knew. And they both supported it too. Even Brock did, but he was jealous that they'd gotten this far.

Misty's heart skipped a beat. "What feelings?" she asked quietly. She didn't know how strong the feelings were. Anyone could ask her out, but that doesn't mean it was serious or anything. It just meant that Ash had the guts to ask a girl out, not that he had really strong feelings for her. Misty had gone over the possibility that he had been dared to ask her out… Brock might have… But then again, does that mean that hug was a dare too? She then got close, in hopes that he would tell her.

"Well…" Ash looked embarrassed that he was telling Misty all of this. "I think about you all of the time, and… uh…" he was still embarrassed, but kept going. "I've never thought about… uh… well, I've never felt this way before at all in my life. I…"

Misty didn't want him to stop at all, but then their number for food was called, and Ash went to pick it up. He sighed, relieved that he had a couple of seconds to get the courage to tell her.

"Anyway… I was saying…" Ash was blushing. "That…" Then he had to eat before he did anything else. Misty sighed, and then took some food too. Now she had an appetite, and she was craving hamburgers and French fries.

"So, I see that you met one of my friends in Pallet Town," Ash said, changing the subject to buy him some time.

"Yes, I did, and I don't think she's very considerate," Misty said, mad that Ash had changed the subject. He needed to get on with it!

"I'm sorry about that. She's usually nice," Ash said. Then he took a bite of his cheeseburger. Ash was thinking of what he should say next. He could tell that Misty was angry that he'd stopped himself. But during that time, they talked some more about other things.

"So, how do you feel about me?" she asked with curiosity when she was finished. Ash gulped.

"Well, I…" He searched his soul for the right words to tell her while he ate the rest of his dinner rather quickly. "What in the world should I say to her… Why is this suddenly so hard? It wasn't at all when I told Brock or Pikachu…" he thought.

"Come on, spit it out already!" Misty yelled. But he couldn't for some reason. All he could do was be silent or go "I…I… (ect)" and that irritated her to no end. So they were done with the date, and they walked to the Pokémon Center, where Mk would teleport Misty home. When they got there, Giovanni had a very interesting proposal for Ash.

"Would you like it better if we lived in Cerulean than here?"

Ash was shocked that he even asked that, but was he really going to refuse living near Misty? That way, at least he'd have another shot at telling Misty how he really felt, and that was good news… "But how did you even think of that?" he asked.

"Well, we were thinking maybe if you lived there instead of here, maybe it'd help ease the pain of separation some, considering that everyone's going to mention your mother a lot here," Mk said.

"That, and I'm a sucker for cute couples," Giovanni added. "And you two are really cute." That made them blush slightly. "So what do you say? Stay here or move there? No matter what, I can get to my job; psychics are already teleporting me to work if I'm here, and I know they won't mind a pickup/drop-off location change, so don't worry about that. And if you want to visit your friends here, you can use the psychic teleport system anytime. It's for anyone, as long as you pay, and I'll give you money for that."

"I'll move!" Ash said. "That'd be fun, as long as I can visit here sometime."

"Ok then, we'll find an apartment tomorrow. Say goodbye to Misty, Mk needs to teleport her home." Misty looked at him, disappointed that he hadn't done anything. Then Ash yelled, not wanting her to leave just yet.

"WAIT!!!" he yelled. "I didn't tell you all of it yet!"

"You had your chance to tell me, and you didn't take it!" she yelled angrily. "I'm going home!" Then she was turned around by Ash. He stared in her eyes. She looked at him. Was he finally going to do something?

"But I…" He had to say it before she totally turned around and never listened to her again. But maybe he didn't have to say it, that is, if he could write it! If he got some paper, he could write it down that he loved her. Or… Misty was very close, waiting for something, very close indeed.

"You what?" She was so close that if they were any closer, even just a centimeter, their noses would be touching. So Ash took the opportunity that she had (very obviously) given him.

They kissed each other for the first time. So what if Ash couldn't say the whole thing? The kiss said all he needed to. It was… awesome. Like if he just gotten all the Pokémon in the world or if he'd become a Pokémon Master in one day, or something to that extent. Mk would have cheered, but it would have ruined the blissful moment. Then it was over, and the two wished that it had lasted much longer than that…

"Well, we have to go. Anything else?" Mk asked, smiling. They all shook their heads, so Mk took her to the Cerulean Pokémon Center, where she dreamily walked home. She walked into her house, where all her family was and some of Misty's sister's friends were, playing a board game of some sort.

"Hey Misty. How was your day?" Lily asked.

"Wonderful." Then she slowly drifted to her room. Everyone in the living room just stared at her, wondering what had happened to suddenly change her mood like that. One day, she's all upset, now she's all dreamy… they could tell she was a teenager now by the emotional roller coaster she was on.

Misty got to her room and pulled out her diary and a pen.

"Dear Diary, I finally got kissed by Ash, and I'm so happy. I just hope we can go out again, but then again, he's moving to Cerulean, so I think he'll ask me out again. But still, it's nice to know that he feels the same way, even if he couldn't say all of it out loud. So life is good again." Then she hid it again, like she always did, and plopped into her bed and fell asleep.

Meanwhile, Ash was in his bed too, glad that he had told Misty how he felt, one way or another.

"Now all I have to do is become the World's Greatest Pokémon Master and I'm set for life!" Ash thought. Then he fell asleep, glad that he had Misty.

-Ok, that's the end of this story…-

Don't panic! The next day's the next story! I just had to change titles, because the next part didn't fit the title. So just hang tight! ^_^

---
The other disclaimer: Don't own Pokémon, but maybe I should own the quote above (The "All I have to do is become the World's Greatest Pokémon Master and I'm set for life!" one). Just a thought.

Anyway, the 1st date was originally in the Beginning, but I decided to change it. Plus, I didn't think the date didn't fit that well with the story and stuff. So now it's here, and that's good.
And I changed it around. I really didn't have Ash confess his feelings; it was more like they were obvious after the first date, and I didn't like that, so I changed it. But maybe the whole thing with him not getting it out is out of character, but oh well. I think it's cute, and it makes that kiss more important. And that's good! And I have a twist to this story! I have replaced Giovanni as Ash's father with someone else. I liked the way it turned out. Better that planned! And that's good. But it might not be posted. It all depends. [It can't at FF.net; they don't allow stories like that. waaaaaah!]

Sorry about this long blurb. But did you like it? I'm sorry about the Ash abuse (if you call it abuse). I really like him too (he's probably my favorite Pokémon character, ever! He rocks! [And Pikachu does too, but he's a Pokémon.]), and for some reason, I liked the thought of him being whipped. I'm so strange. Hehehe…

Sorry about my lack of description in the romance department. I suck at that. u.u

Another note in my story for myself:
[is love too strong here? I don't think so, but yet I'm not sure… I'm strange like that… let's look into it before this gets out] [on other note… THAT'S SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! *heart heart heart* Still cute as h***.]
Oh, and by the way, I already had it censored. I do my own censoring. Weird, huh?