Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 100 Pokemon Prompts ❯ Theme #45: Morning ( Chapter 45 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Morning Person
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping (Lance x Red/Ash)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #45, Morning

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: Shonen-ai
 
Lance is not a morning person.
He's not exactly sure why, but he has a sneaking suspicion that all those 4 A.M. training sessions before school they put him through while he was training to become the Leader of the Blackthorn City Dragon Clan has something to do with it. Lance doesn't like coffee much, black tea is more his drink of choice, but he tries not to become too addicted to caffeine.
When Lance becomes Champion of the Kanto League, he schedules all his matches after twelve P.M. because he likes to sleep in, and he's usually up half the night doing paperwork in any case. It's a comfortable routine, but for some reason after he meets Red, it changes.
Red's bright-eyed and chirpy in the morning, and he wakes Lance up the first week with bacon and eggs that are slightly charred at the edges and hops onto his bed. Lance wants to throw a fit since it's not even 9 A.M. yet and he really, really wants to get some more sleep, except Red is just so cheerful that it's hard to resist him. So he sighs, climbs out of bed, pads to the bathroom, and then eats breakfast at his desk in his pajamas with the little Dragonair embroidered on the front pocket, while Red beams at him.
It's almost frightening, and he wonders if Red woke up the rest of the Elite like this. When he asks, Red just blinks at him, and shakes his head, as though it's absurd of him to even think of that.
Lance spears a rasher on the end of his fork, and decides not to ask questions.
 
This routine goes on, and soon, Lance finds himself looking forwards to these meetings, and he starts to reciprocate, and after Red wins Championship the second year in a row, he kisses the boy behind the bleachers and Red grins, because he knows his patience has paid off.
And now, sometimes, Lance will make him breakfast in bed, and Lance really can cook, and then they'll snuggle together, because there still aren't any battles until after twelve, which gives them lots of time to play together! So he kisses Lance, and Lance kisses him back, and Lance reads him stories and it's nice! And maybe they'll do the petting thing, and Lance is really, really gentle, and it's the best thing ever.
 
End Fic
Completed 5/11/07
Game-verse. Hehe. Though may be influenced by Pokemon Zensho manga. ^^
Oh boy, is this fluff. So fluffy! I guess I needed a break after writing two straight, long angst fics.