Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 100 Pokemon Prompts ❯ Theme #59: Exile ( Chapter 59 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I hate my life sometimes…
Title: Exile
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping (Lance x Red/Ash)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #59, Exile

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks. Game-verse
Warnings: Shonen-ai
 
He leaves out of necessity, certainly not because of choice. He's sick of it all - the adoring public, the news media hounding him like a pack of mad dogs, the incessant flow of fan letters, the Protect the Pokemon groups that picket outside of the Plateau every League season, and the constant attacks from Team Rocket because he foiled their plans in the past and he has high level pokemon.
There's only one thing he regrets when he leaves, and Lance kisses him, just once, perfectly chaste, with the blinds closed, the door locked behind them and nothing but static fuzzing the security cameras, Pikachu's help.
It just makes him sick.
Yes, he wishes that Lance would run away with him, but he'll come back eventually, he just needs a break, a little breathing space, so he heads to Mount Silver.
It takes two years before a little snot-nosed fellow in gold manages to win the Championship, and he's glad to retire gracefully and be left alone. The Elite Four are replaced, and now, he and Lance get to relax and drink lemonade and watch others flounder under public scrutiny.
Red is very grateful for the short attention spans the crazed inhabitants of Johto have. Now, no one will bother former Champions any more, and he and Lance can begin living happily ever after.
Hooray.
 
End Fic
Completed 6/8/07
Lance: Some of your fics read more like summaries.
Phantomness: I know; it's a terrible habit of mine to summarize, because I get bored easily.
Red: *Hugs Lance*