Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 7 Heavenly Virtues ❯ Theme #7: Diligence ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Diligence
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping (Lance x Red
)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #7, Diligence

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: Het, government conspiracy theories
 
Red doesn't know it, but she's being watched.
It makes sense, of course. There is no way the Indigo League would simply let strong trainers run rampant. They have to observe and monitor, and make sure that those who are in positions of power are not abusing it.
Of course, it's too obvious to bug someone, and that violates all sorts of privacy laws, so they have their companions observe instead.
Quite devilish, isn't it?
 
“Red-chan…”
She jumped, before realizing that it was just Lance. She cracked a smile at the Dragon Master.
“Yes?”
“The others want to play volleyball, but since Agatha is away and Koga declined, we don't have enough for even teams. Do you want to play with us?”
“Sure.” The black-haired girl grinned. The paperwork could be done later. She was ahead of schedule by a few hours, anyway.
 
The teams spread out, and the game began. It was quite relaxing to worry about nothing but keeping a white ball in the air for an hour or so, and afterwards, they had lemonade and toasted hot dogs over the grill. Bruno turned out to be a surprisingly good barbeque chef.
Who would have thought?
 
Afterwards, Red went back to work.
Lance watched her, though the Champion knew it not. The Dragon Master sighed as he finished typing his report.
Yes, she was a hard worker, but it almost… consumed her. It was a pity…
Luckily, Red was not completely gone yet. She had enjoyed the game, and proven she was still human. Sometimes, Lance wondered if he could say the same for himself.
He made mint tea and went to go check his email.
 
“They are doing well.”
Professor Oak shrugged. “Despair can create the most effective soldiers, don't you agree, President Goodman?”
“Oh yes. They are exactly what we need to keep our League safe. Such controlled power… it is incredible!”
The two men laughed, and then went to get a drink to celebrate. Moments passed, before Agatha shimmered into view. She recalled Gastly with a snap of her wrist as her eyes twinkling maliciously.
In one hand, she held a tape recorder. Porygon2 was already hacking into the system, and now…
All their top-secret government information would be open.
Chaos and anarchy would descend, and then, the Elite Four would vanish.
She smiled.
 
Red stifled a yawn as Lance came in with sandwiches. Her stomach chose that time to speak up, reminding her that it had been several hours since the barbeque.
“It looks like you're still working hard.”
“Mm,” She nodded, reaching up to rub her aching eyes. Staring at the computer screen for hours was not fun at all! Plus, her wrists were sore!
 
“You are allowed to take a break, you know.”
“I know.” Red grinned, as she sat down next to Lance on the couch. They ate quietly for a few moments, before she swallowed the last bite. “Lance?”
“Yes?”
“Do you like me?”
Lance blinked. “Of course I like you. You're a hard worker, and you're cute, and an excellent trainer. Why wouldn't I like you?”
“So we're friends?”
“If you want to be.”
“I do.” Red blushed slightly. * I wouldn't mind being a bit more than friends either. Unless, he thinks I'm too young for a boyfriend? * She hoped not!
He nodded mentally, before he got up and returned a few moments later with a freshly baked blueberry torte and silverware. Red's eyes widened as she stared at the dessert. That was different!
 
“You can cook?”
“A little. I hope it's edible.” He demurred.
Red grinned as she cute herself a slice. The hot, buttery confection almost melted in her mouth. “It's more than edible, Lance! It's delicious!”
“Thank you,” She grinned. The girl polished off two more slices before she put down her fork a bit sheepishly.
If she wanted to make a good impression on him, pigging out was not it!
She coughed. “Thanks for making this, Lance.”
“You're welcome.”
 
Red impulsively threw her arms around Lance in a hug. They sat there quietly for a few moments, with him stroking her messy hair, before she realized what they were doing. Embarrassed, she was going to pull away, but he stopped her.
“Does it hurt?” Lance asked.
“This? Of course I'm not hurt!” She blinked.
“Then why don't we relax a little longer?”
She wanted to protest, but Lance's hand was soothing, and she was tired, so that night, she fell asleep in the Dragon Master's arms with a smile on her face.
 
End Fic
Completed 10/19/06
Edited 5/12/09
Wow, I am learning so much from sitting in the tutoring center listening to other tutors explaining things to stupid people. Why is my stupid student ONE HOUR late?! *Severely pissed off*