Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ A Journey Revised ❯ To Move On ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The review responses are:
 
angel-of-time: Thanks for the review. I'm not sure what it causes. I do know it doesn't cause psychological problems though.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
Rey's current party: Cyndaquil, Bulbasaur, Metapod
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon. If I did there would be a fire/lightning pokemon.
 
Chapter 5: To Move On
 
Screaming riddled the Mason family household once again. Rey's night terrors have been the staple of the night during Rey's stay. Eliza grabbed her and locked her into a hug, patting her head gently. This had become a common routine in the last six days. The family would awake in the middle of the night to hear Rey's screaming. Eliza and Timothy would open the door quietly and Eliza would offer kind words to Rey while Rey's body attempted feebly to hit the glaring apparition that loomed over her with punches and the occasional kick. Eliza had taken many of Rey's blows in an effort to simply reach her for a hug. When she finally got within arms reach, she would embrace her as quickly as possible and speak the ever so needed words in her ear while rocking her back and forth. Rey's body would then slow and rest again and Eliza would set her back on the bed, wiping the sweat off their brows. She would set Cyndaquil back on the bed after Rey knocked him off at the beginning of her endeavor and walk out leaving her in Cyndaquil's care. This night, however, did not have the same ending.
 
Eliza set Rey's limb body down and turned to her husband with a grin on her face. “She finally stopped,” she said in a whisper.
 
“Yeah,” Timothy said in the same tone of voice. They got up to leave when they heard a high pitched cry come from the person behind them. They turned to see Rey's body stiffen and her face began to turn blue especially around her lips. Eliza noticed her pants where wetting as well.
 
“Is she..... urinating,” Eliza said.
 
“What isn't she doing?” Timothy said sarcastically, worry written on his face.
 
Her right knee suddenly was facing the sky as her left leg shook from side to side slightly. Her elbows bent and her arms were resting on her chest. The couples eyes widened at the sight of Rey's twitching body. Blood was beginning to slowly come from her lip as it mixed with her saliva. Her arms began to stretch out in front of her and her legs pull closer to her torso. Her back arched wildly and her breathing was coming in heavy spurts. Eliza reached her right hand toward Rey only to pull it back quickly when she arched her back again. She gasped loudly and soon calmed down. She was still gasping even after her body stopped shaking. Eliza walked over to her and turned her body on its side allowing air to enter her lungs. She stared at the now wet sheets and shook her head lightly.

“I've never seen anything like that before,” she said. “I'm staying with her for the night,” Eliza said turning to her husband. She turned to see him grabbing Rey's pokegear and scrolling through it.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“I'm getting Rey's mother's phone number so I can call her and get more information on the matter. I don't have to work today so I will call her before Rey wakes up.” Eliza nodded and watched as he walked out of the room.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
Timothy dialed the Rey's home phone number; his wife was beside him. Ty had been sent to school, and Rey was still fast asleep in her bed. Eliza tried changing the sheets, but decided against it in the end, not wanting to awake her. It was 10:00 in the morning. When they received an answer.
 
“Hello, this is the Seina residence. This is Miyumi Seina, who is calling?” Miyumi said on the other line. She had on a white no sleeved t-shirt and blue pajama pants. She was apparently wide awake as well.
 
“Hi, my name is Timothy Mason and we are taking care of your daughter, Rey.”
 
Miyumi's face turned to worry. “What is wrong with her? Did she fall out in the middle of the road again?”
 
“Again?” Timothy and Eliza repeated with a shocked look on their faces.
 
“Where is my daughter?” Miyumi said panic beginning to riddle her face. “You better not be kidnappers or I swear I will hunt you down and kill you in the worse possible way.”
 
“No, of course not. Rey is upstairs sleeping,” Eliza said.
 
“Did you give your daughter permission to go on a journey?” Timothy said changing subjects.
 
“I did. Why?”
 
“I was curious. Secondly, your daughter has been having night terrors for the past week now. We know what to do about them. Our only question is why does she have them?”

 
Miyumi's eyes widened even more at the sound of the words “night terrors”. She took a deep breath and continued on. “It comes from my side of the family. Even I have them every now and then. It started a week ago. Tell me is that all she has been having?”
 
“That's the main reason we called. You see, last night Rey's body was jerking all over the place. She stared by screaming then her body just let loose on her. She just squirmed about for a minute or two then calmed down on her own. It was...different to say the least,” Timothy said.
 
Miyumi nodded her head understandingly. “Okay, you had to have done something to cause her to have night terrors. They are caused by stress, overeating before going to bed, being over-tired, or too much brain medication. For the jerking, this is what happened. Sometimes after a night terror, it can lead to a seizure called a tonic-clonic seizure. The body stiffens first also causing all air lost to the lungs giving a cry sound. The skin can turn blue and breathing is off. Then the limbs jerk because of the muscles contracting and relaxing rapidly. The person can bite their cheeks or tongue causing blood, and worse, the person loses control of their urinary tract. Do not put anything in her mouth to open breathing paths. In fact, just wait until it passes and turn her on her side to let air get in. Of course, Rey will know what happened when she wakes up later; count on it. She knows when her body does this. Tell her to take her medicine and call every now and then,” Miyumi explained. Timothy nodded.
 
“Are you sure your daughter should continue this? I think she should go home,” Timothy said folding his arms.
 
“Yes. Even if I did want her home,we live in Johto, in Olivine City. She would probably find some other way around and run off to continue her journey,” Miyumi said, confidence in her voice.
 
“You two really are alike,” Eliza said putting a hand on Timothy's shoulder. “You and Rey I mean. We will take good care of her.”
 
“Good. One last thing, how did you get my phone number?” Miyumi asked folding her arms.
 
“Um, I swiped Rey's pokegear,” Timothy said.
 
“You thief. You steal from children? What kind of man are you?” Miyumi said.
 
“Sorry,” Timothy said hanging up the phone and shutting the image of an angry Miyumi from his screen.
 
That was close. Did you write all that down, Eliza,” Timothy said as he began walking into the living room and cutting on the t.v.
 

 
“Yeah,” Eliza said. Neither of the two noticed Rey stop at the bottom of the stairs. She could hear every word they said. She was still blushing from the embarrassing fact that she wetted the bed of a guest, even if she couldn't control herself. She walked upstairs quietly without making a sound and shut the door of the room she was staying in behind her. Sobs could be heard behind the door.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
Rey sat down in the kitchen. It was late now. The room was dark. The only thing that let light in the room was the moonlight shining from the window by the door. “Don't go to sleep. Don't go to sleep,” she mumbled continuously. She had her elbows on the table, her hands balled together in a fist that covered her mouth. Her hair was blocking her eyes aming her look as if she lost everything in the world.
 
“Rey, you're still up?” Eliza asked.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Not going to sleep is not going to help the problem.”
 
“I know.”
 
The room grew quiet. “Rey, have you ever heard of a Pokemon Contest?” Eliza asked trying to lighten the mood.
 
“No. What are they?”
 
“Kind of like a pokemon talent show.”
 
“A talent show?”
 
“Yeah. Are you interested?” Rey nodded. “Okay, I'll explain the basics. A pokemon contest is not one of power, it's one of talent. If you want to start your Contest career, register your trainer card at a Contest Hall. Each Contest has three rounds. The first round is the appeal round.”
 
“Appeal Round?”
 
“Yes. Think of it as a preliminary round. Every Coordinator uses a Pokémon to appeal. There are three judges there and each gives your appeal a score out of 10.”

 
“What do I have to do?”
 
“Be creative. Mix it up. I'll give you an example. Your Cyndaquil knows Flame Wheel and Double Team, correct?” Rey nodded. “Well, have Cyndaquil use double team, then have all the clones use flame wheel, having them spin around in circles until they have little rings of fire. Get them to stand it up and have them run through them while still using flame wheel. Maybe you should try teaching him Hidden Power and have the orbs bounce back and forth in and out of the rings. Anyway that is an example of how you appeal.”
 
“Okay. What is the second round?” Rey asked.
 
“Slow down. First, after everyone appeals, the four coordinators that make the best appeals go into the semi-final. The semifinal is basically a rated pokemon battle. The battle has a five minute time limit. Each coordinator starts their battle with a predetermined amount of points shown in the form of a bar. There are three ways to get the bar down. The first way is if the pokemon's attack fails, second is if it is not done gracefully, and lastly if the pokemon is attacked by its opponent. If the points hit 0 or if the coordinator has less points than his/her opponent when time runs out, then the coordinator will lose. If a coordinator knocks out the opponent's pokemon, then he/she will automatically win. The third round is the finals. It has the same format as the semifinals. If you win, you win a ribbon. If you win five ribbons, you can qualify for the Grand Festival.”
 
“Is it like the Indigo Plateau of Pokemon Contests?” Rey inquired.
 
“Yes. It usually takes place a little after the Pokemon League Championships so if you make it far enough, you can do both. Are you interested?”
 
“Yes. Can you list the places of where there are Pokemon Contests?”
 
“Sure.” Eliza took out her map of Kanto and grabbed a red marker. “The nearest one if you continue to Cerulean would be either Saffron City or Gardenia Town. Saffron is south of Cerulean; Gardenia is southeast of Cerulean near Lavender Town. You can make up your mind when you get there. There are ones in Wisteria Town, Chrysanthemum Island, Russet City, Mulberry Town, and they are building one in Cerulean City. If you lose in one, you can always go back and try again, just keep practicing. Remember, be creative,” Eliza finished setting the marker down. Rey was registering each city on her pokegear for quick reference.
 
“Thanks, I'll give it a try,” Rey said finally. She stood up. “I think I can go get some sleep now,” she said heading toward the stairs.
 
“Good to here,” Eliza said. “Sweet dreams.”
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
Rey woke up late the next morning. Pushing Cyndaquil off her and setting him back on the bed, she began to walk around the room. She soon stopped and looked in her mirror. She grinned at her reflection and headed to the bathroom. As she let the steaming hot water cover her skin in the tub, she went over the preparations. `Cerulean City is the next gym. That means I will have to get through Mt. Moon. I need to stock up on pokeballs and other items. If the gym Misty was supposed to run is a water gym like I think it is, I need to train Bulbasaur now. This gym is probably going to be a challenge. After the gym battle, I can take a look at the progress of the Contest Hall.'
 
She wrapped herself in a towel and walked out of the bathroom. She stopped by the laundry room and grabbed her clothes, then ran into her room. She put them on and noticed that Cyndaquil was still asleep. She grabbed her pokeflute and played a high pitched note loudly. Cyndaquil immediately woke up and jumped high enough to touch the ceiling. She laughed at him and caught him in her arms as he came down. Cyndaquil yawned wildly and wiggled in Rey's arms.
 
They started downstairs. She was greeted by a warm aroma wafering in the air. She noticed Ty and Eliza was downstairs already.
 
"Sit down and eat up," Eliza said. "You need your strength for when you leave today."
 
"So, its safe to say no night terrors," Rey said sitting down. She did not mind being held up as she was hungry anyway. She ate quickly and asked for seconds and thirds.
 
“Wow, Rey, I didn't know girls could eat so much,” Ty said.
 
"Yeah."
 
Rey finished eating and took her medicine. She stood up and grabbed her bag.
 
"Well, Rey, this is a temporary goodbye," Eliza said.
 
"Yeah," Rey turned her attention to Ty. "When I come back here you better expect a pokeflute lesson."
 
"I will. Bye, Rey," Ty turned and hugged her.
 
“Oh,” Eliza said. “Rey, Timothy had to go to work. He wanted me to give this letter to you.” Eliza handed Rey the folded sheet of paper. Rey took it and opened it to read the contents.
 
To Rey:
If your getting this then I'm probably at work. Keep your chin up and battle hard. I have a lot of faith in you. Improve on your cooking, it helps. Eliza has already told you about the Pokemon Contests. I hope you succeed. I hope you have a safe journey and visit us soon. I also noticed you have a pokegear on your arm. Here is our phone number. 463-813-2495. Keep in touch.
-Timothy
 
“Short and sweet. Just like him,” Rey said. She took the letter and stuffed it in her bag planning to register the phone number at a later time.
 
"Well you guys, goodbye."
 
"Bye," chanted Eliza and Ty.
 
Rey soon left Pewter City heading west. It was a single dirt road with two large walls of rocks on either side of her. Rey noticed that the ground was bumpy and covered with rocks on various spots of the seemingly unsafe plain. She continued walking, going over a checklist in her mind of the items she should have. She lost her train of thought and tripped over a ledge. "I need to pay attention to where I am going," Rey said picking herself up. As she continued walking, she ran into some high grass.
 
"Great, Just what I need," she said, obvious frustration on her face. She approached the end of the tall grass and noticed two separate, small flocks of Pidgey and Spearow. They rushed past her some occasionally tackling her or peck her.
 
“I really hate bird pokemon. They are so rude and obnoxious, like they own the sky,” Rey screamed. She continued approaching Mt. Moon after she took a break, screaming about how bird pokemon should not exist. She opened her pokegear and stared at the map. `North for only a few more meters,' she thought as she began power walking through the rough terrain.
 
As she walked toward the entrance, she saw a man that stood by the entrance. He had curly brown hair and sunglasses. He was wearing a shirt with a horizon on it and white pants. Rey ignored him and continued walking.
 
“Hey,” the man said as she walked past him.
 
“What?” Rey said as she stopped in front of him
 
“Want to buy a Magikarp?”
 
“A Magikarp?”
 
“Yes, a Magikarp. Said at one point to be one of the strongest pokemon in the world. Its majesty, its grace, its so suitable for a lovely girl like yourself. It is a lovely water pokemon that anyone would want. Hey, I'll sell it to you for a small fee of 500 pokedollars.”
 
Rey considered the deal. `I do need a water pokemon,' she thought. “Okay, it's a deal,” she said with a grin. The man smirked quickly. It soon disappeared as Rey stared at him holding the 500 pokedollars in her hand that she got from her bag.
 
“Good, good,” he said taking her money. “Here is your new pokemon.” Rey took the ball from his hand and held it in hers. She looked it over.
 
“Thanks,” she said walking into the cave. The man watched her disappear out of his sight. He turned staring at the money he just made.
 
“That is how you weed out noobs from the elite. This is easy money,” he said. He stood up. “Where to now?”
 
"Wow, This place is big." Rey said almost forgetting her prior anger. She noticed that the place would have been really dark if the torches were not around. She looked at the ground to see several rocks of different sizes plaguing the ground. She kicked a few out of the way and continued onwards, looking around to see uneven stony ledges and walls. The ceiling was filled with stalactites. She continued walking until she saw something unusual to her left. She turned around to see a oddly shaped tunnel. Both sides had multiple torches lit around it. “It looks man-made,” Rey said upon further inspection. She walked inside scanning the area. She saw pieces of moon stone and what appeared to fossils from thousands of years ago. "I could make a lot of money off of these," she said picking a few up. She had not noticed the security camera above her watching the room. Rey examined the fossils closely. "They seem rare," she thought out loud. “I don't know what to with them though.” She put the fossils down and walked out.
 
“This place sure is dark,” Rey repeated after getting back on the main path. She tried using her pokegear to see if she could get service. She moved her wrist around the cave, but not one bar appeared. She sighed as she put her wrist down. She took a step and ran directly into a wall nearby. She squatted down on her knees holding her nose hoping to regain her composure. Rey pushed her hand against the wall and felt its rocky surface. She pulled her hand down and grabbed a pokeball from around her bag. “Cyndaquil, I choose you,” Rey said tossing the pokeball underhanded still holding her nose.
 
Cyndaquil appeared in a flash of white light. It looked around and walked a couple of steps until it bumped into Rey. He stepped back a little, a look of fear in his eyes. It backed into the wall and started to light his back. “It's okay, Cyndaquil. It's me,” Rey said putting Cyndaquil at ease.
 
Rey picked up Cyndaquil and patted its head a little. “Cyndaquil, can you ignite your flames so we can see?” Cyndaquil nodded. He began to light his back up after Rey set him down. She leaned against the rock allowing her to better scan the area. “When I get to Cerulean City, I'm buying a flashlight,” she said looking at Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil nodded grinning at his trainer. “Let's go.” They continued walking through the tunnel. Rey noticed that Cyndaquil was looking up with fear in his eyes. She looked up to see many Zubat and Golbat standing on the ceiling apparently sleeping. Cyndaquil started to scream loudly until Rey fell on her knees and covered his mouth with her left hand.
“Do you want to wake them up?” Rey said, a hint of anger in her voice. Cyndaquil shook his head slowly. “We are going to walk slowly past them. They won't notice us. We won't notice them,” she said as she slowly removed her hand from his mouth. “Don't be such a baby, you're a boy aren't you,” she said in a whisper as she stood upright. Cyndaquil nodded, a tear in his left eye. They began to walk past the Zubat. Cyndaquil looked behind him never taking his eyes off the Zubat. He turned around and bumped into a thick stalagmite. Cyndaquil muffled a scream before covering his mouth. Rey turned around quickly and saw her pokemon covering his mouth. She looked at the Zubat. A couple of them stirred, but stayed asleep. She put her left index finger over her mouth forming a quiet sign and signaled Cyndaquil to continue forward. They walked past the Zubat with no further problems.
 
They continued walking until they noticed an exit not too far away. The field began to widen into a rocky plain filled with stalagmites, large boulders, and several hundred torches. "Stop right there, thief.” Rey turned around to see a man with large glasses standing behind her. He had long black hair and wore a buttoned white shirt and black pants. Rey arched an eyebrow from his appearance.
 
“What are you talking about,” Rey asked.
 
“My security camera told me all. You stole some of my fossils, and I want them back,” he said as he drew a pokeball.
 
“I didn't take anything, you nerd.” The man was taken aback by the comment.
 
“I'm no nerd,” he said pushing up his glasses. “I'm a pokemaniac.” He threw his hand up in the air in a superman position.
 
“Like I said, you're a nerd,” Rey said folding her arms and shaking her head.
 
“For that comment and for taking my fossils, I shall cut off thine hand,” he said pointing at Rey, attempting to form another pose. Rey placed a hand on her forehead.
 
“What an idiot,” she said.
 
“Cyndaquil,” Cyndaquil said the same thing in his own language, doing the same posture as his trainer.
 
“That's it,” the man said fuming. “Go, Nidorino,” he said tossing the pokeball. Cyndaquil jumped in front of Rey, back blazing more than before.
 
“No Cyndaquil, come back,” Rey said grabbing another pokeball. “Go, Bulbasaur,” she said. Cyndaquil returned to Rey's side as he watched Bulbasaur appear from his ball adding a little more light to a room where flames was the only method of sight. The room dimmed again when Bulbasaur fully appeared. He looked around to see Rey and Cyndaquil. He sighed and turned to the pokemaniac and his Nidorino. Bulbasaur shook his head.
“I'll show you the power of those who fight for what they worked hard for, Nidorino, Poison Sting,” he said. Nidorino took a deep breath and exhaled the white poison darts. Bulbasur stared at the darts with a bored expression.
 
“Bulbasaur, Razor Leaf attack,” Rey said. Bulbasaur stared at Rey and dodged the attack by rolling left and watched as the attack headed toward Rey and Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil stepped forward and used an Ember attack, blocking the poison barbs from her master.
 
“Bulbasaur, what are you doing?” Rey asked obviously angry. Bulbasaur turned his head. “I won't except disobedience,” Rey said. “Return, Bulbasaur.” Bulbasaur had a shocked look on his face as his body returned to his home in the small orb. “I'm in no mood to play around. Cyndaquil, go,” she said.
 
“Heh. Your pokemon hates you. It just goes to show you that your pokemon know right from wrong, and you are wrong, you thief. Especially the rare ones like that Bulbasaur and Cyndaquil. Did you steal them too?” he said pointing again.
 
“Cyndaquil, Ember,” Rey said. Cydnaquil's back burst into flames as he spat the small burst at Nidorino. Nidorino's eyes widened as the attack hit his face. He began scratching at his face trying to get the flames off.
 
“Hey, I wasn't ready.”
 
“I don't care. Cyndaquil, Flame Wheel.” Cyndaquil nodded and charged for Nidorino. The blazing flames from his back soon spread to his entire body as he picked up the pace.
 
“Nidorino, Confusion,” the pokemaniac said. Nidorino closed his eyes and opened them to reveal a blue light coming from them. Cyndaquil squealed as his body came to a screeching halt. Nidorino lifted his head and tossed him against a stalagmite on the right side of him. Cyndaquil braced himself for the impact and closed his eyes.
 
“Cyndaquil,” Rey yelled. Cyndaquil closed his eyes tighter upon hearing her words. When he felt contact, he felt something soft instead of a hard bumpy surface. He fell limply to the ground and hit his head. He rolled backwards and opened his eyes to see Rey standing in front of the stalagmite. “You ready to take it to them?” she asked flinching from the pain. Cyndaquil nodded as he patted her leg then turned to face their opponents. Rey stood up using the stalagmite as a brace.
 
“Cyndaquil, Double Team,” Rey said. Cyndaquil made five copies of himself and ran toward Nidorino.
 
“Nidorino, Horn Drill.” Nidorino's horn began to spin quickly. He smirked as he charged at six Cyndaquil.
 
“Cyndaquil, Flame Wheel,” Rey said breathing heavily and clutching her ribs. Nidorino charged even faster as the Cyndaquil surrounded their bodies in flames. Nidorino hit one of the Cyndaquil full on. His eyes widened when he saw it disappear. He turned to see two more to his right. He slashed at them with his horn only for one of Cyndaquil to jump on the back of the one that was slashed.
 
“Nidorino, Confusion.” Nidorino's eyes turned blue and he wrapped the psychic energy around the descending Cyndaquil. The flames dissipated. Soon after his body did as well. “Nidorino, to your left,” his trainer yelled. Nidorino turned quickly to pounce on the Cyndaquil only to feel flames surround his stomach. Nidorino rolled on the ground. He jumped up quickly to see a Cyndaquil in front of him.
 
“Nidorino, Horn Attack.” Nidorino charged at Cyndaquil with his horn in front. He rushed through Cyndaquil and hit a stalagmite. Rey smirked at Cyndaquil's advances in the Double Team.
 
“Cyndaquil, Smokescreen,” Rey yelled. The whole area was covered in smoke, editing out the torches's light that surrounded them. “Cyndaquil, finish him in the smokescreen,” Rey said as the smoke covered her body. Rey heard flame erupt from Cyndaquil's back and a war cry as Cyndaquil began the job of locating the hurting Nidorino.
 
Rey soon felt someone grab her arms and raise them in the air. Her eyes widened as she felt breath in her ear.
 
“Got you,” the pokemaniac said. The smoke cleared to reveal Cyndaquil sitting on top of a fainted Nidorino. He stood up quickly and blazed his back when he realized that Rey was at the mercy of this pokemaniac. He was afraid to move. The fact that he could hurt her paralyzed him.
 
“Now, about my fossils,” he said in her ear. He let go of his right hand, reached into her bag, and tried to locate them. Rey took the opportunity to plant herself to the ground. She elbowed the man in the stomach with her right elbow causing him to let go of her left hand. She leaned backwards on the man and punched him in the face, breaking his glasses. He clutched his face in pain as Rey moved to her left. The man stepped forward trying to regain his composure. Rey sidestepped behind him. She grunted as she chopped at his neck with her left hand. The man fell over and hit the ground face first, unconscious.
 
“Thank you, martial arts,” Rey said as she walked over toward Cyndaquil. He jumped off and ran toward Rey. He leapt into her arms causing her to fall over. She began coughing slightly and reached for her inhaler from her bag. She took a couple of doses and coughed once more. She sighed as she stuffed the inhaler back into one of the side compartments of her bag.
 
“Good job, Cyndaquil,” she said with a grin. Cyndaquil wrapped his paws around her neck and hugged her again. She smiled then pulled Cyndaquil off her and set him on the ground. She stood upright. “Let's get out of here,” she said. Cyndaquil walked over to the pokemaniac quickly. He tackled him into the stalagmite. He groaned as his body hit the rock. Cyndaquil nodded at a job well done then joined his trainer. Rey laughed at Cyndaquil's attack and began to walk forward.
They wandered through the cave a little while longer. Cyndaquil rushed ahead with Rey having to play catch up. Cyndaquil had found the exit to the cave. They stepped out. It took some time for her eyes to adjust to the light. There was a dirt road that seemed to go into the sun. She looked around to see tall grass and dirt beside the path. She kept walking and saw what in her mind was the beautiful Cerulean City. She saw blue roofs in every direction. There was a long, blue river that seemed to flow out of the city. Beside it stood a bridge that looked as if it was made of gold.
 
"Civilization," Rey said aloud continuing on her path.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
A/N: Well another chapter bites the dust. I finally wrapped up Rey's illness arc, and she finally made it out to Cerulean. The pokemaniac was there to prevent the chapter from being too boring. I hope it keep some of you awake. I hope that the battle for this chapter was somewhat interesting. I tried using the environment the best I could in the battle. I really would like some feedback on it. Anyway, the Sensational Sisters appear next chapter. This goes by the anime so instead of Misty, we get them. I really don't like them, but I will try my best to keep everyone in character. Anyway, give me any ideas on how this is going along. Until next chapter.