Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Trust ❯ What You No Longer Are ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is the sequel to a one-shot named Crimson. For all those who haven't read it yet, it would be wise to do so. It explains a few things and gives Anita a little background. For those who have read it, there have been minor changes made to accommodate the sequel. Thank you.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon.
 
Chapter 1: What You No Longer Are
 
Anita walked up the stairs. She wiped the tears from her red eyes and took off her glasses to clean them. She moved her mid back length purple hair behind her as she put her purple framed glasses back on her face gently and looked forward. She stared at a professor who waited for her at the top of the stairs. He had on a white shirt and pants with a giant R on his shirt under his lab coat. He had black short hair and cold eyes.
 
“Come with me, Giovanni wishes to see you now,” he said as he walked from the doorway. Anita followed him quietly staring at the ground.
 
“You know..” the man said breaking the silence. “The body transfer was not a complete success.”
 
“I figured that,” Anita said quietly.
 
“Oh.”
 
“You did not erase my memories. That's proof enough,” she said.
 
“That's not what I am referring to,” he said. Anita looked up at him briefly. Her eyes widened in confusion and shock. She turned her head back down and stared at the ground again. They continued down the hallway, the only thing heard besides the clanging of the shoes were mumbles coming from other Rockets. Anita paid no attention to them and continued looking downwards. The sight of her former body was still etched into her very being. She sighed briefly as she held her hands out in front of her. She clutched them lightly lost in her own little world. She stuffed her hands back into her red jean pockets then stuffed them in the hand warmers of her read sweatshirt.
 
“We're here,” he said as he talked on the intercom outside the door. Anita looked up. She saw a large, black two-sided door that had the Rocket emblem on both doors.
 
“Fine, come in,” he said. They walked into the room as the large doors split open. Anita lifted her head up again. She saw the man who made her dream a possible reality. She stared at him briefly and watched as Giovanni gave the professor the nod to leave. She now stood in front of one of the most powerful men in Kanto.
 
“Come here, girl,” he said in a somewhat brash voice. Anita approached him and stood silently in front of his desk. She felt herself begin to sweat as the man's gaze pierced through her. He smirked then backed in his chair slightly to pull something from the drawer of his desk. He then pulled out a medium sized box and set it on the desk.
 
“Open it,” he said. Anita opened the box to see a large purple collar. She picked it up and examined in carefully. It had a smooth feel to it. It wasn't leather, but she couldn't put her finger on the material. She flipped it over in her hands. The thing that jumped at her was the writing on the inside of the collar.
 
`Property of Team Rocket' it read. Anita's eyes lowered.
 
`So I'm property now,' she thought. `I guess I had this coming. I'll do anything to destroy them.' She clenched her fist around the collar.
 
Anything.
 
“Well, put it on,” he said sending Anita's thought processes back to the man in front of her. She nodded slowly and put it over her head. The collar hanged off her neck wildly as she put her hands behind her back timidly.
 
“Good,” Giovanni said as he pulled out a remote control. He pressed a large red button in the middle and the collar closed around her. Anita gasped at how quick it happened. She felt her neck. The collar did not leave any marks of the sort. She felt the material around her neck lightly.
 
“Now when you do something wrong...” he said as he pressed the black button to the upper left of the red one. “This happens.” Anita began to feel a painful spark going through her body. She fell to the floor clutching at her neck attempting to take the collar off but to no avail. Giovanni lifted his finger off the button and relieved Anita of her agony. She breathed deeply then turned to see the eyes of Giovanni's pet, Persian. He stared into her red eyes quietly. She watched as the pokemon smirked at her. She then directed her attention toward Giovanni. His eyes were glaring coldly at her. She sat up slowly and rose to her feet. He then pressed the button again. Anita screamed loudly as she hit the floor again. She was writhing in pain and agony rolling on the ground.
 
“Stop, please, I beg of you,” she screamed over and over and over again. The pain only seemed to get worse and it seemed every word she said was getting progressively more painful. When Giovanni finally let go of the button, Anita was a twitching pile of flesh and tears on the floor. She tried moving, but failed horribly. Giovanni got up from his seat and walked over to her. He picked her in the stomach sending her rolling on the red carpet a few feet, picked her up by the collar, and slammed her body into a nearby wall.
 
“Understand this girl, you are no longer human in my book. As a matter of fact, you aren't even a pokemon. You are what we humans call a monster. Understood,” he said harshly. Anita nodded tears welling up in her eyes again. “And since you aren't human, when you are in my presence you will get on all fours, understood,” he said slamming her body into the wall again. She nodded. “You will also refer to me as Master as I own you now,” he continued.
 
“Yes, Master,” she said.
 
“Very good,” he said as he let her limp body go and turned to sit back in his chair. His Persian now sat upright as Giovanni patted his head. Persian purred from the touch.
 
“Come,” he said as he rested his face on his left hand. Anita began to crawl slowly toward him. She eyed Persian then turned to look at Giovanni in the eye.
 
“Good girl,” he said as he patted her on the head briefly before placing his hand back on Persian. Anita felt really happy as Giovanni patted her. She hated this man yet she wished to please him in anyway she could. She snapped out of her frame of mind when she saw Persian glaring at her. She smiled back then turned to see Giovanni pull a manila envelope off his desk.
 
“This is your personal specs. You will need to get a last name. You can keep your first name if you wish. Fill out that form and you will get your card. You will start as a grunt, being the only difference is you do not have to wear the standard uniform. This differentiates you from the human grunts and the monster grunts such as yourself.” Anita flinched slightly at being call a monster again. She shifted her knees uneasily trying to get used to being on fours in his presence. “As a grunt, you can have a max of two pokemon on you. You can use the database to check the pokemon you want. As you raise in rank you can get more pokemon. For now, I will instruct an executive to lead you to get your pokemon to any region. Now get out of my sight,” he said finishing. He handed her the envelope in her mouth and pointed to the door. He smirked as she crawled out the room slowly, obviously still in pain from the shock.
 
Anita rose to her feet after she closed the door behind her. She looked to her left to see the same professor standing to the left of her.
 
“Follow me to your room,” he said as he began to walk away. Anita followed him trying to keep up with his fast pace. They stepped into the elevator. Anita opened the envelope and noticed something on the top of one of the pages. `Pokemorph Experimentation' Anita read over the sheet carefully. Her eyes widened the more she read.
 
“Yes, the experiment didn't go as planned. Seems that after all that you only absorbed Gardevoir DNA simply because the contents was already in your other body to begin with,” he said. Anita closed the envelope and set it by her side. The surprise on her face was obvious. Her hands shook slightly as she began to think about Gardevoir again. The thought of Gardevoir being apart of her body, her DNA.
 
Ecstatic.
 
That was all she could hope to be. She felt her the blood soaked bangs she had. The blood was still somewhat fresh. She grinned widely as her body began to tear up.
 
“This is what I've always wanted. In my mind it was a success.” He looked at her as if she was crazy. He had heard that she is depressed, and he assumed she had probably attempted suicide.
`I guess the rumors about her are true after all. Good for us though. We've found a person beyond broken,' he thought. He smirked at his own personal realization.
 
Anita began to re-focus to the task at hand. She began to think about the pokemon she wanted. She had always admired the Milotic. She could gaze on it's beauty for hours at a time. Anita regained her thoughts when she realized that she would have to travel to Hoenn to get the pokemon. She shook her head remembering that Hoenn was not at fault.
 
`I'll go there and get out as fast as I can,' she thought. She looked up as she heard the elevator ring. They stepped off their floor. Anita looked around to see many doors down a long hallway. It had red carpeting with light brown wallpaper with lamps between each two doors. She assumed they were in the residential area. He stopped at the room labeled. `Room 439'.
 
“This is your room,” he said as he unlocked the door with a gold key. He opened the door and stepped in. Anita followed behind him and walked in front of him to scope her room. The walls were snow white and the carpet was red matching with the rest of the floor. She looked to her right to see a kitchen with a refrigerator, stove, an island, and sink. The kitchen was the only thing tiled. Behind it was what she assumed the living room. It had nothing in there at all. She walked by the living room and opened a door to the left leading to what she assumed was her new bedroom. It only had a small bed with white sheets and a night stand with a lamp on top. There was a small window that let moonlight in. There was another door from the right of the bed near the door. Anita assumed that was the closet. She looked to her right and saw the bathroom. She walked in to see a tiled floor. The tub/ shower was in the back of the bathroom. It had white curtains to keep the water in while showering. The toilet was beside it on the left with the sink near the entrance. A mirror was above the sink and a cabinet below it. She walked over to the other door to see a laundry room. It had a white washer and dryer with a shelf above it. She walked out to see the scientist.
 
“Here,” he said tossing the key towards her. Anita caught the key and grasped it as if her life depended on it. “Also,” he said pulling out a pokedex. “I'm letting you use this until tomorrow when I take you on the trip.”
 
“You're taking me?” she said unenthusiastically as she took the pokedex from him. He nodded. He turned to walk out.
 
“Any idea where you are going?” he asked.
 
“Hoenn,” she said. The scientist smirked as he turned to leave.
 
“Any pokemon in particular,” he asked.
 
“A Feebas.”
 
“Fitting. I will be here at 7 a.m. sharp. I want a last name by the time I get here,” he said. She nodded as he closed the door behind him. Anita turned around and headed for the bathroom. She cut the lights on and stared at her small bathroom. She turned on the shower water then walked out of the bathroom and set her pokedex and crimson bottle on the night stand under the lamp. She turned and checked the water's temperature. She quickly stripped her clothes and folded them neatly on the toilet cover.
 
“I have no other clothes,” she said to herself in a mumble as she stared at the neat pile. She then took her glasses off. She stared at her hands as she held them close to her face and far from her face. She noticed that the same blurred vision occurred. She sighed and put them back on her face adjusting them slightly. She stepped into the shower. “I have no soap or towels except the one from earlier and that I left on the chair in the research and development room,” she said again. She began to rub her new body with her hands trying to get any dirt that remained when the body was brought to her and trying to get rid of the smell of a dead person off of her. She then stopped at her hair. She tried to get as much blood off as she could. Most of it came off easily. Pokemon blood was never that difficult to get out of a her hair before and it wasn't going to now. She turned off the water and stood as she let her body dry on it's own. She stepped out of the shower and turned to the mirror. She cleared the foggy mirror with her hands then cleaned her foggy glasses with her sweatshirt. She inspected her hair slightly. She noticed that there was still a little blood in her hair, but it was nothing shampoo could not fix. She walked out into her bedroom holding her slightly dampened clothes. She sat on the bed and reached for the pokedex on her night stand. She turned on the light as she sat back up. She stared at the bottle.
 
“I guess I won't need it as much anymore,” she said quietly. She turned and began viewing the pokedex.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------
Anita stood waiting for the knock at the door. She opened it quickly when she finally heard the knocking. The scientist from the day before appeared at the door. Anita handed the paper and pokedex to him. He scanned over the papers quietly.
 
“Anita Tsubaki, huh,” he said. Anita nodded as she stuffed her hands inside her sweatshirt. He shrugged his houlders in indifference. He noticed that she no longer had that musky smelling blood bottle with her. Either way, she still somewhat smelled like a corpse. `I knew we should have washed that body beforehand,' he thought.
 
“There is a chopper destined for Fortree City is here,” he said. They walked to the elevator again and got in the chopper. They walked to the elevator and rode to the top. It was quiet in the elevator. Anita moved around slightly trying to adjust herself to the awkwardness of having this man around. After they got to the top of the building, the man guided Anita to the chopper. They got in and took off. The ride was quiet. For the most part all Anita did was play with her clothes. The man watched her from time to time then turned to the pilot. It was indeed very quiet.
 
“We're here,” he said as the chopper landed on the outskirts of the town. They jumped off the plane.
 
“Wait here,” he instructed the pilot. He nodded looking at the girl with somewhat fearful eyes. He turned away from her when she made eye contact with her. She was sweating slightly from looking at her. She decided to ignore his gestures and turn her attention back to her superior. They began to walk into the forest nearby.
 
“There is a stream nearby. Feebas inhabit there,” the scientist said gruffly after they walked some distance into the forest. Anita looked back at him then stopped and began staring at a bush. The man stopped beside her.
 
“What are you doing?” he asked. Anita pointed to the bush. She watched as a pokemon approached from the bush. It had a white coat with what looked like a blade on the side of its head and tail. It had three black nails on its paws; its red eyes locking with Anita's. They stared at each other. Lost in their own little world.
 
“An Absol, huh. It's a fitting pokemon, causing disaster after disaster, just like you are supposed to be,” he said looking at the pokemon. It never took her eyes off Anita.
 
“Do you have a pokeball?” she asked with a voice louder than any the man had heard before. He pulled out a white ball and handed it to Anita. She put the ball in her right hand and approached the pokemon. Absol then clutched his claw lightly and tackled Anita with a war cry. Anita flew backwards in shock. Absol jumped in the air attempting to slash at her. Anita's eyes widened as she saw the Slash attack coming toward her. She soon felt a blue energy surround her. She then saw Absol go flying backwards in a ball. The man stood there shocked at what he witnessed, but quickly regained his composure. Anita walked over to the Absol and stroked his face lightly. She gasped as she noticed the cut and the slight bleeding on the side of his face. She bought it in for a hug holding the white orb on its chest. She pushed her glasses up with her index and middle finger by the bridge and focused back on Absol. She tapped him on the chest with the Premier Ball and Absol went into the orb. She stood up quietly grabbing her ribs.
 
“Let's continue,” the scientist said. Anita nodded following him. She clutched the white ball in her hand. Her mind was running over the events that just happened. She began to sweat slightly and her world began to spin.
 
Who is this monster?
 
“What am I?” she asked barely above a whisper.
 
“You... are property of Team Rocket,” the scientist said walking a little faster now. Anita remembered the talk with Giovanni now. She felt the collar that proved her new attachments. She looked forward staring at the man's back as he continued walking down the pre-ordained pathway. She sighed to herself as she remembered her reason for joining Team Rocket. She longed for the destruction of that Team Magma and that giant red beast she met that day. She clenched her fist around Absol's pokeball. `I will destroy them no matter what it takes,' she thought.
 
“We're here,” Anita's superior said as they stood in front of a river at the end of the forest road. It had a waterfall in the background falling freely. She saw Magikarp jumping high in the air. Occasionally, some jumped out of the water only to jump back in a few seconds later gasping for air. Anita smiled slightly at the sight. She turned to her superior to see him toss something in the lake. She noticed that what he threw was red and white and rectangular shaped. It had a clear covering on the outside. In the center was a red light flickering on and off.
 
“Get down!!,” the man yelled as he ducked behind a tree. Anita ran behind a tree on the opposite side of him and watched with widened eyes as the river water erupted into the air with a loud boom. The water spread everywhere, covering the area as the waters calmed down. They stepped from behind their shields to see Magikarp, Feebas, Barboach, Whiscash, Goldeen, and Seaking everywhere.
 
“Pick one,” the scientist said.
 
“Why did you use a waterproof bomb?” Anita asked as she stared at him.
 
“Feebas are rare and extremely hard to find. To save both of us time, I blew all the pokemon out the water. Those Feebas that die aren't worth my time, right?”
 
“I guess.”
 
“Pick,” he said pointing to the pokemon.
 
“A pokeball, please.” Her superior handed her a pokeball. Anita stared at it and handed it back to her.
 
“What?” he asked somewhat annoyed.
 
“I.... I want to use a different kind of pokeball for each pokemon I catch so if you have another one will you,” she said slowly getting quieter as he stared into his eyes.
 
“Fine,” he said. She gave her another ball. The upper half was blue with black lines surrounding it in different directions. “It's a net ball. It's made for catching water pokemon. She nodded and turned to finding a living pokemon. She walked through the bleeding fish that were trying frantically to get back into the water. Some of them succeeded; others died where they stood. She grabbed one Feebas only for it to stop moving shortly after. She set it back down and walked over to another Feebas. She noticed that it's body was cold. She tossed it in the lake and continued walking. She finally saw a Feebas that was still flapping around. She grabbed it and looked it in the eyes. It had tan skin with brown spots all over stressing its rugged appearance. It had four fins with the dorsal fin in a trapezoid and its tail fin ragged and battered. It stared at her and breathed deeply.
 
“Anita, turn it around quickly,” the scientist yelled. Anita complied and quickly turned Feebas around facing the waterfall as it breathed a large red blast. The blast was obviously not powerful but it surprised the two visitors easily. “Looks like you've found a Feebas,” he said.
 
“Yeah.” she stood up and threw the net ball at Feebas. Feebas went it the ball and after putting up a valiant fight fell victim to the balls special ability. Anita picked up the ball and stared at her superior only to see him walk away.
 
“We're leaving,” he said. Anita soon followed him.
 
“Excuse me, sir,” Anita said timidly.
 
“My name is not sir. Call me Ryan,” he said.
 
“Ryan, I heard that Feebas evolve by giving them pokeblocks made from berries. Do.. Do you know where I can get them?” she asked.
 
“Go to the forest area of the Team Rocket base. They should have berries there. The kind of berries you want are Pamtre and Cornn berries probably. I am not sure if the berries are free or not, but you can check. If they are go on more missions and you'll get the money you need,” he said. They walked back to the chopper and took off again. Anita stared at her two pokeballs the entire way back. She stared out the window occasionally only to see the sea while eating the food that Ryan had brought with him from the mess hall. She slept a little as the flight near its end. Ryan stared at her silently.
 
`She looks almost human. The smell is infuriating though,' he thought. When they returned, Anita was lead through the balcony door to the elevator. Anita noticed that they passed her floor.
 
“My floor was..”
 
“I know. We are stopping by my place for a moment.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I can't stand the smell of your body.” Anita blushed wildly at the revelation. “I assume when you came here you had nothing but the clothes on your back.” She nodded. Ryan sighed. They walked down another hallway after the elevator stopped. They stopped at the room marked `Room 613'.
 
“Wait out here,” he said. Anita noticed that the door was card activated instead of a key lock. She watched as he used his card to get into the door. He closed the door not allowing Anita to see anything in his room. She squatted down and tucked her knees into her chest as she waited. She reached into her pocket and grabbed her premier ball and tossed it. She watched as Absol appeared in a white light. It looked around to see it's new trainer. It looked around and checked its new surroundings. It then stretched out and walked over to Anita and laid down beside her. Its eyes never moving themselves away from Anita. Anita grinned slightly and patted Absol on the head much like how Giovanni patted her the day before. She looked up to hear the door open. She stood up to see Ryan appear with a black towel and black washcloth and three bars of soap and a bottle of shampoo.
“Here,” he said stuffing the items into her arms. “I expect to see you in the R&D room tomorrow morning, understood,” he said.
 
“Yes,” she turned and walked away with Absol following close behind her. The both got onto the elevator and stared at each other again.
 
“Do you think we can get along, Absol,” she asked meekly. Absol nodded slightly then looked around the small room. They both got off the elevator and returned to Anita's room. She set the items on Absol's head as she reached in her pocket and pulled out a key. She opened the door and took the items from Absol and closed the door. She set her pokeballs on the night stand. She then immediately headed for the shower. She turned the light on and turned the shower on. She took her clothes off and folded them neatly again and stepped in. The shower felt like it took forever. She washed her body with the bar of soap at least five times and watched her hair with the shampoo at lest six times in hope to get the blood out. She stepped out of the shower wrapped in the black towel given to her. She wiped down the mirror and her glasses with her towel to see that she had gotten rid of the blood and she hoped she smelled better. She walked out to see Absol sleeping soundly on the bed. She walked over to the night stand and pulled out her premier ball.
 
“Return, Absol,” she said as she recalled the pokemon. She stared at the pokeball and set it on the night stand by the net ball. She dried off slowly getting used to her new body.
 
“I love my new body,” she said quietly. She then turned to the little window and stared at the sunset.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------
A/N: Well, that's the end of the first chapter. I did not intend for it to be nowhere near this long, but it did. This story starts slow, but it will pick up the pace as Anita begins to do more missions. The main thing I wanted this chapter to say is that people will look down on Anita with disdain and fear. Anyway, this fanfiction is attempting to match the feel with the original story Crimson. Hopefully, it will get closer as I was in a foul mood when I wrote the one-shot. Expect this story to get darker as time goes along. Also, I would like to thank Pink Parka Girl for helping me with the basics of the fanfiction. Without her, this fic would be doomed before it began. Thanks a lot. Well, read and review and give me an idea of what I'm doing right and wrong and what to improve on. Until next chapter.