Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny-Bound ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

YAY! I finally caught a plotbunny! *Cheers*
I would not have written this, but there was a fanfic on ff.net called `The Chain' that had excellent championshippy potential before it dissolved into a soppy AAMRN, so I decided to write more championshipping…
Lance: …
Ash: I suppose… but really, in that original fic, wouldn't there have been too much age difference?
Phantomness: Maybe…
Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon. If I did, there would be no such thing as AAMRN. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfic belongs to me and pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics.
Warning: Shonen-ai Championshipping (Ash x Lance)
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Alternate Universe: Ash is 14 and has Indigo League but not Orange League or Johto League Championships yet.
Title: Destiny Bound
Chapter 1
 
Pretty.
That was Ash's first reaction when he saw the glittering gold half of a poke ball on its stand.
“Sugoi…”
“Pretty, isn't it?” A voice asked. Ash jumped, but it was just old Mr. Wilson, the caretaker.
“Hai! But what is it?”
“Oh, no one knows. Perhaps it's some treasure from the ancient Pokemontropolis civilization.”
“How cool!”
Mr. Wilson smiled. “It's rare to see young children in the museum.”
Ash blushed. “I'm not that little!”
He had won the Indigo League Championship a year ago, and now, trainers seemed to pop out and attack nonstop.
Ah well, it was nothing new by now.
Ash left the searching and went to look at another display. His Espeon and Umbreon followed.
< Is something troubling you, Master Ash? > Espeon asked, flicking her tails. Umbreon looked worried also, his rings glowing ominously.
< We'll kill them for you if you want. >
Ash chuckled and hugged them both. “I'll be fine…”
He had hardly left the museum though, when an explosion sounded. The entire marble façade fell, ruins now.
Ash was about to run towards the building, when he stopped. Barging in now would be no help. Indeed, the Officer Jennies were assembling and congregating. With a smile, he nodded to Espeon and they teleported back to the Plateau.
It wasn't his job…
 
“Where were you?” Lance demanded.
“Nani?”
“Ash, you shouldn't go running off like that by yourself.” Lance frowned. “Haven't you heard?”
“Heard what?”
“Yesterday, Bruno was taken to the Cerulean City hospital with a case of severe poisoning. Poison darts. Unfortunately, he died. So he's dead now. And Agatha and her Gengar barely survived an attack of their own. It's not safe!”
Ash gasped.
“That attack, by the way, was twenty minutes ago. Do you know how worried I was?”
“G-gomen nasai, Lance.” Ash said shakily.
“I know, I know. You're the Champion and I'm only Dragon Master slash Champion Challenger, but please, you're still a kid.”
Ash nodded, scared.
Espeon and Umbreon looked nervous as well.
“Please?”
Ash melted as Lance fixed him with that expression, blushing. “H-hai!”
He quickly ran off before more could be said.
 
< Still haven't told him have you? >
< No. >
He had a crush on the Dragon master. Well, part of it was because Lance took care of him. Champion had to stay at the Plateau, and he had no parents either way, both died, so now he was technically League property.
But Lance…
Ash blushed. * He's nice… *
Lance helped him adapt to life at the Plateau. He was also a good cook, and he taught Ash how to do his own laundry and keep his room clean and…
Well, and when he had nightmares, Lance would keep him company.
Ash blushed as he looked at the present Lance had gotten him for his birthday a few months ago.
Well, normally he might have complained, but it wasn't _girly_. It was _cool_.
A tiny curled up silver dragon with a sapphire set in it dangled from a sturdy steel chain.
It was pretty.
Lance had shown him how to work it though. It was an all-purpose status cure.
Nice….
Ash wanted to know how Lance had gotten it, but Lance said the magic would fade if you needed explanations, so…
It didn't matter. He trusted Lance.
 
Back in his room, his Arcanine and Ninetails slept on his bed, while his Vaporeon and Jolteon were asleep as well.
Four eons and two flames made his team.
He had a few more pokemon, since he was a Master now he could keep infinite numbers at the League HQ, but he preferred not to.
His belt was modified to hold twelve.
That was all he needed, really.
He took a shower, and then went outside to apologize to Lance. Lance accepted his apology quietly, and made him dinner.
Yum! Spaghetti and meatballs!
Lance was such a good cook…
 
“A-ano, Lance, why do you think we're being attacked?”
“I do not know. And why only the Elite Four?”
Lance closed his eyes, thinking, while Ash busied himself with the food. Ash blinked, then shrugged. * Lance is so smart… *
Yum! This is good!
That would be the Ninetails and Arcanine who were busy polishing off the leftovers. Ash's other pokemon liked pokenosh.
They were also eating a few paces away.
“Ash… did anything strange happen to you today?”
Ash frowned. “The Saffron Museum of Arts and Anthropology exploded today. Right after I left, in fact.”
“Then I'm glad you escaped in time.” Lance said. “Ash…”
“Hmm?”
“We're in danger. I'm afraid that only you can stop it…” Lance paused, shaking his head. “No, that's not quite correct… can I ask you a favor?”
“Sure!” After all that Lance had done for him, he wouldn't mind.
Ash didn't expect Lance to stand, walk to him and then kiss him. * A- *
 
End Chapter
Completed 8/8/04