Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon's Series ❯ Soul of ice, spirit of fire and thunder ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 16! Aw, wasn't the last eppy touching?

Disclaimer: Nintendo owns pokemon. I own whatever they don't, which is… not much at all. Oh, and notes. <> indicates telepathy, ** indicates thoughts, italics indicates pokemon speech.

Part 16: Soul of ice, Spirit of fire and thunder

It was a grueling three hours later. Lance's dragon-types were looking worse and worse as the four trudged along. Just as they thought it couldn't get any worse, shards of ice began flying from all directions. Dragonair quickly generated a bubble around the group.

< This is hard. > Aerodactyl commented. * But then, it is supposed to be that way. Wasn't there another part of the legend though? What am I forgetting? I know it's pretty important. But what is it? *

< Dragonair, are you okay? > Lance asked as she peered at the elegant dragon-type. < Did one of those shards get you? >
< Yeah… I think so. > Dragonair said. Lance climbed on and soon discovered a gaping wound, with an ice shard still partially embedded inside.

< Okay, this is going to hurt, but don't move. > Lance said as she began easing out the jagged piece of ice. It was almost all out when Dragonair roared in pain as a few more pieces made it through the bubble and stabbed into her head, throwing Lance off. Lance barely managed to twist herself into a position so she wouldn't break her back, but a sickening crack resounded through the maze as her left leg gave away.

Aerodactyl quickly raced over. < Oh no! We have to get out of here quickly! >

< First we need to heal Dragonair. > Lance said as she focused her Viridian power, causing her steel wings to reappear. She flew up and continued her ministrations. About fifteen minutes later, all the ice had been removed.

< Gyrados, Aerodactyl, are you two okay? >
< Yes. Dragonair got the brunt of that attack. > They chorused. Lance nodded and the healing glow surrounded her and Dragonair, as well as the other two dragons, bringing the party up to full health.

"Let's keep walking."

< They passed Articuno's test?! > Dragonite asked in awe.

< Apparently. > Lugia said. * Amazing… I wouldn't have thought that she could do it. Still, other tests lie ahead. And they have to get out of the maze. *

Dragonite sipped his soda and watched.

< Hyper Beam! > Gyrados roared impatiently as it blasted through the last few walls. Instantly, the ice shattered and flew everywhere. Aerodactyl quickly shielded his partner from the flying debris by swatting it away with his rock-like wings.

Dragonair protectively moved in front of Lance. Her eyes glowed as she coated herself in Mirror Coat. Lance nervously soothed her dragon pokemon. After a few minutes, the dust settled. They were out of the ice maze.

< Congratulations. Not many have passed my first test. > Lugia said. < I allow you two hours of rest, before you begin the second test. >
Lance and the dragons all inclined their heads respectively. Then, Lance pulled a bunch of Max Potions and Full Restores out of her subspace pockets. "Okay, here you go." The dragons sighed in relief as they drank down the cures. Lance gulped down a Hyper Potion herself, just in case.

< Restoration Rain. > Gyrados said, as he used his power to bring a gentle rain down on the island that softly fell over all the assembled pokemon (and Lance). It had the effects of making them feel refreshed and like they had gotten twelve hours of sleep. Gyrados were known as fearsome creatures with terrible tempers, but what the scientists did not know was that at evolution, a Gyrados could choose to keep the gentle side of Magikarp as well, which would grant it healing powers as well as ferocious attacks.

< Thank you, Gyrados. > Lance said.

< No problem! > Gyrados said, rather cheerfully. < I wonder which test is next? >

< Let's not think about that. > Aerodactyl said as he stretched out. * We had ice already… so there's two more left. I wonder which two? *

After the rest time had passed, another wall sprang up in front of the group. However, this one was composed of both fire and electricity.

< This is probably more difficult. > Dragonair commented as she pondered how to stop the wall. < We can't use water or ice attacks to pass this… >
< Would normal-type work? Or rock? > Aerodactyl asked. < I could use Rock Slide… >
< It's worth a try. > Lance said as she hopped onto Aerodactyl. < Okay, let's go. I'll use psychic too. >

Dragon and trainer dived towards the wall, almost hitting it before they let loose with Rock Slide and Psychic, respectively. The result was an explosion that flung the whole party back.

< OW! > Gyrados shrieked as several rocks landed on top of his scaly hide. < That stings like crazy! >

< At least you have scales as protection! > Dragonair said as she quickly Hyper beamed a boulder out of the way.

< Psywave! > Lance called, disrupting the direction flow of the rocks to protect Aerodactyl's wings from being crushed. < We have to regroup before the next wave hits, or we'll be separated! >

< What next wave? > Aerodactyl wondered as he deflected a few rocks. < We only used one attack on that wall. >
< But I used Psychic and you used Rock Slide! We're receiving your attack right now, but I don't want to think about what will happen when a redoubled psychic hits. >
< Oh. > Aerodactyl said.

Dragonair and Gyrados rushed to the other two as soon as the rocks had died down. < Are you okay!? >

< Mostly, but we have to do something quick before the Psychic hits! >

The three dragons nodded and went into Tri-attack formation, with Dragonair on the left, Gyrados on the right, and Aerodactyl up above. From each Dragon's horn (or mouth) came a hyper beam. Lance stood in the middle glowing with energy and channeling the Hyper Beam's energies into a barrier of sorts. When the Psychic hit, it just bounced off. This continued for a while, with the psychic energy bouncing back and forth until it finally wrecked the wall of flame and lightning.

< Lets go. > Lance said as they stepped into the empty hallway left by the barrier. The dragons nodded and they all walked down the dark passageway, expecting to be attacked any second. But nothing happened.

< Maybe there's a trap. > Gyrados suggested.

< I don't sense anything… > Dragonair said, sounding a bit freaked out.

< There's nothing we can do though. > Aerodactyl added.

Lance sighed. < I just hope we can survive whatever Lugia throws at us next… >

Lugia yawned. < Test#2, Complete. Test #3 is coming up. >
< Test two does not seem that hard. > Dragonite said.

< It's a lot harder than it looks. To be able to hold and store dragon energy in your body before releasing it to form a shield is extremely taxing and liable to kill hapless individuals without talent. >

< I see. >
< Plus, every time the attack is reflected back it gets stronger. So for them to hold up that barrier for so long without a break is really something! >
< So do you think she'll be the one? >
< I'm starting to feel more confident about the situation. > Lugia said.

End Part 16! Drop a review! Tell me if you like it? *Big puppy dog eyes* Please?