Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Hana no Namida ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Look! It's angsty already! ^^
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Chapter 2
 
Red returned with Japanese take-out for both of them, and they ate quietly together. Finally, Red spoke again.
“Cat… um…”
Lance twitched.
“I know you really hate that name, but I think it's kind of cute.”
Cute? Red thought her name was cute?
For some reason, that sent a surge of blood to her cheeks and she looked down into swirls of miso soup with a frown.
Red blinked, and applied herself to her assortment of teppanyaki with a grin. This was so good
Afterwards, Lance seemed rather inclined to sit up, so Red sat next to her, pulling another chair over, and they watched pointless soap operas for a while.
It was a bit of a relief not to incessantly plot and plan, Lance thought, though nothing would have gotten her to admit the statement out loud.
Red yawned, and after they had showered - with difficulty, as both of them had to avoid the traitorous blushing, plus it was hard to fit two people in a tiny hotel shower - they both dressed in clean clothes - Lance found that Red's fit her remarkably well, aside from being a bit short - and both climbed up into bed. Lance insisted.
Red shrugged. Sleeping on the floor had been all right, but the bed was nice, and she cuddled up to Lance as they fell asleep.
 
Red received a call by pokédex four days later, and Lance watched in amusement as she hurriedly brushed the spikes back into her hair and gelled it, and changed her skirt and t-shirt for jeans and red and white jacket, jamming the cap onto her head.
“Hello?” She asked, as she picked up.
“Red! What took you so long?”
“I was in the shower when my pokédex rang.” Red lied.
Oak coughed. “Ah! Well, in any case, there is a ceremony in two days, on Friday, and you're expected to be there.”
Red groaned. “I hate those.”
“Well, this time, you'll be getting medals for your wonderful work on Cerise Island…”
Lance gagged in the background while Professor Oak droned on.
“In any case, it's nice to know that you are in one piece - where are you, Red?”
“Hiding from fangirls far, far away.” Red replied promptly.
Oak chuckled. “Very well, but I expect you to come to the ceremony, all right?”
“All right Professor.”
 
Red hung up with a relieved sigh.
Lance crossed her arms. “Rewards, ne?”
Red flinched at the icy tone. Lance's voice had just come back this morning, and she didn't want her friend to strain it too badly. “You know I hate all that pomp and circumstance, and I feel bad about Cerise, but really, Lance, it was cruel of you!”
Lance snorted. “I failed, didn't I?”
“Well, but...still!”
The Dragon Master stood shakily, wondering where she could purchase crutches, and how long it would take for her legs to heal completely. She had tried using Viridian's power yesterday, but nothing had happened.
She had panicked then.
Had she lost it?
What would she do now?
 
“Lance?” Red prodded. “You haven't touched the food at all. Are you all right?”
Lance stared down into the California rolls with a frown. “Red… I feel that something is wrong…”
Red put down her mug of tea. “Really? Why didn't you tell me earlier?”
“I wasn't sure, but look!”
She concentrated, and gave an involuntary gasp. There was light playing over her fingers, but it was not the soothing blue of Viridian's Power.
It was a bloody shade of red…
 
“… I don't remember your Viridian Power being that color.” Red said.
“I don't either.” Lance stated dryly. “And besides, I'm not even sure I can heal… pity I don't have any of Yellow's pokémon to test it on…”
“Lance!” Red gaped. “You cannot be serious!”
Lance crossed her arms and shrugged. “Why not?”
“Well… it's just that… you shouldn't experiment on pokémon!”
Lance's eyes flashed with unholy glee. “You're right about that, Red. Why would I want to hurt pokémon, even a murderer's pokémon, if I can just practice on the murderer herself! It'll be brilliant…”
Red paled.
 
Lance swung herself off the chair, and Red noticed with alarm that she seemed to have no trouble walking. “Lance, are you all right?”
“Why wouldn't I be?” Lance asked.
Red shuddered. “Your eyes are red…” It was true. Lance's golden eyes were glinting crimson every so often, and it was creeping her out. Of course, seeing them go blue when Lance healed was kind of creepy too, but at least that was in a good way…
Lance blinked.
“Look in the mirror!”
Lance did, before she shrugged. “So I'm channeling.” Bloody sparks danced around her fingertips as she released her Aerodactyl - Red had given Ptera back, along with the rest of her dragon pokémon team, after they had been healed, and it was nice to have poke balls again.
Although she had to admit, riding a flying-type pokemon in a skirt left much to be desired, especially if there were perverts down below trying to look up. Oh well. She could leave clothes shopping for later.
Red was still gaping. “You cannot think I'll let you go flying in your condition!”
“What are you going to do?” Lance shot back nastily, “Shock me with your Pikachu?”
Red's expression faltered as if she had been slapped, tears beginning to gather in her eyes. “I-I didn't mean…”
“Save it.” Lance snapped. “Let's go, Ptera.” They shot off.
 
Red grabbed a napkin and began dabbling angrily at her tears. It wasn't fair! But even if Lance had been trying to kill people, it was her Pika - and Yellow, that had almost killed her friend…
Would it be fair to let Lance kill Yellow then?
< All right, Ptera love? > Lance asked, as they shot towards Viridian.
I'm fine, Master. Dragons have plenty of energy to spare… and we can get healed in Centers and with Viridian's Power, but you cannot…
< Excellent. >
I think I am beginning to understand how this… works. Ptera smirked.
 
End Chapter
Completed 7/13/06
Hehehe. Lance is not a nice person, is she? ^^
Lance: *Shrug*
Red: Phantomness, you suck at writing romance
Phantomness: *Brandishes spatula* I spent three bloody hours last night scrubbing a kitchen, so I'm not in the best of moods at the moment. Tempt me and I will darkfic you.