Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Heaven's Lament ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heaven's Lament chapter 4 now here!
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Chapter 4
 
Red and Lance came back long after dinner - not that Red could have eaten it anyways, the mermaids had plied the most delicious treats on her and she was quite full. But it was fun!
She was practically asleep when Lance deposited her down there.
“Well.” Queen Delia said. Then she paid attention to the details. “Good heavens, Red! What has happened to your dress?”
“Uncomfortable,” She muttered, not really listening. Lance snapped his fingers and Dragonair flew off.
“Is she all right?”
“She is just tired from playing tag with the mermaids all day.” He replied.
“Oh, thank goodness…”
 
The maids ushered Red upstairs, shaking their heads at her soaked clothing. Oh, this would never do…
Lance retired to his room. His parents would be leaving soon. He unfastened his cape, discarded his clothing on the floor, and turned to see a pair of eyes watching him.
Ah…
Pity the silver hid anything she might have wanted to see. It curled over his form like a lover's caress, glittering trails of loveliness in its wake. * Filthy humans… *
“Get out.” He said calmly.
“But…”
Lance's voice dropped to a whisper as he picked up his sword in one fluid moment. Never mind that standing in what looked like a silver minidress wasn't too flattering, remember that in medieval times armor - some armor - was like skirts. Yes. In any case, the maid got the hint and escaped.
He sighed.
Sometimes, he was glad that it covered everything…
 
“So what happened?”
Red shrugged as a maid washed her hair. “I swam and talked to mermaids. Then I played with water pokemon and snacks.”
“Didn't you talk to the Prince at all?”
“Should I have?”
“He's your fiancé!”
“But he didn't want to go swimming. So he gave me his necklace that would let me breathe underwater and told me to go play. So I did.”
“At least she can play a queen properly, taking orders…” One girl commented sarcastically.
Patty sighed.
Red's three other maids - Sue, Mary, and Cindy were triplets, all with frizzy red hair and similar swooning attitudes.
Red toweled herself dry and watched as the wind dried her off. She yawned and then put on a nightdress and climbed into bed, leaving the girls to gossip.
 
Phoebe, the head maid, tucked her in.
A pity…
They were getting on so well. Well, maybe Lance wouldn't object to some dalliance before marriage…
After all, Red was far too young to play with…
 
Just then, Mary came running in.
“What happened?”
“I hid in his room like… we agreed, but…” Mary sighed. “He was wearing this strange armor underneath his clothing so I didn't get to see anything.”
“Well, that's a pity.”
“He pulled out his sword and told me to get out.”
“He'll get desperate soon enough.”
“Yes, I know. After all, the nobility have such hot blood…”
“I can hardly wait…”
 
“Disgusting,” Lance said. He was sitting in the bath, watching the water steam. A quick spell had made the surface quite cloudy, impossible to peek through… and he was watching his dragons sleep, except for his Gyarados. Gyarados was talking to him…
“I miss home…”
< You just went there. >
< That wasn't what I meant. This place is too opulent. Oh, I know our palace is lovely, but it's more natural, if that makes sense… >
< I know. >
< She's an adorable child. It will be a pity to break her. >
< Ah… > Gyarados yawned. < If those maids come back in, can I have them? >
< Why Gyarados, I did not know you would stoop to such things! > He teased.
< It would serve them right. >
< Quite… > Lance agreed. < I wonder how they will feel when the truth is exposed? > His grin showed off his sharp canines quite nicely.
< Yes, it will be wonderful…! >
 
The next morning was another day….
Red suffered through a long, dreary breakfast. Her dress for today was the deepest maroon with sprigs of spring green. What a disgusting combination! Lance ignored it.
He could always dress her up in something else if… there were problems.
He wasn't sure Queen Delia was pleased about what he had done to her previous attire though. Well, she could hardly ride a dragon in layers and layers.
He liked his parent's clothes and his own. Sleek, classy, expensively cut, but certainly not gaudy and layered.
No… idiotic fashion sense like that wouldn't do at all!
 
“Can we go see the mermaids again today, Lance?”
He would have spoken, but Queen Delia intervened. “Now Red, it's not right if you go traipsing out of the castle. Once I can overlook, but certainly not repeatedly.”
“Aww…”
“Young lady, please remember your manners!”
“Sorry mother.” Red said sulkily in proper court etiquette with her head bowed. Sometimes, being royalty sucked. Now was one of those times…
“Today you shall show Prince Lance the East Gallery. I believe there are some lovely paintings there.”
Red repressed the urge to scream and complain and nodded mutely.
After breakfast, Lance offered Red his arm and they swept off.
 
He was tall, but that was to be expected - she was still growing after all. And he did have lovely hair…
The maids sighed as the stared unashamedly at the handsome prince their princess had won.
Sometimes, life was damned unfair…
 
End Chapter
Completed 8/20/05
Edited 5/25/09
Heh, stupid maids! *Smirk*
Of course, they still haven't found out Lance's secret…