Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Just to Satisfy ❯ Cotton Candy ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not claim any of the Pokemon characters used in this chapter, because they are all property of Satoshi Tajiri and I haven't stolen the rights from him yet. I bet he has people try that all the time, actually; probably has to have bodyguards and stuff.
 
 
.
 
 
Kitty had to convince herself that she wasn't afraid of Gengar as she tried to convince him simultaneously that she could handle the mission by herself. “I've gone through dungeons without Sakura before,” she told him, “and I don't need help now. So go ahead and reunite with your teammates; I'm sure they'd appreciate your company.”
 
Her slight went unnoticed, as usual. “But I can't possibly let you go off on your own; my conscience wouldn't allow it!”
 
She reared back in surprise, and she repeated incredulously, “You have a conscience? Wait,” she stopped him from answering as she rolled her eyes, “never mind, I know the answer to that: Kekeh, yeah, I just don't listen to it most of the time!” Frowning as she tried to find something that would make him leave, she scowled when nothing came to mind and simply said, “Look, I'll be fine! Just go and terrorize someone else for a change!” She whipped around and stalked off, alert for the sound of his footsteps so she could prepare a shadow ball to warn him off. I swear, he's the most stubborn person I've ever met! He even beats Articuno! Just as the telltale crunch of dirt underfoot warned her of his approach, she nearly collided into a familiar cotton-candy-colored block levitating over the path-and wanted to cry. Worst. Day. Ever!
 
Porygon bobbed up and down in excitement, calling happily, “Ah, Kitsune of Team Foxfire! What a surprise to see you here!” Drawing closer as if she was magnetic, he added as an afterthought, “There was only a twenty-five point three nine two percent chance that I'd find you here-” He paused, looking over her closely as if realizing something was amiss before he tentatively said, “Alone . . . ?”
 
Kitty opened her mouth to try to find a way to escape the imminent loss of her sanity, but a voice behind her caused her fur to go on end as it corrected, “Kekeh, no, she's not alone.” She mentally groaned at her luck as Gengar stepped beside her, wondering which legendary she had angered into causing her such misery. Zapdos was a bit of a sore loser, but I don't know whether lightning is really the cause here . . .
 
She was surprised by the piercing shriek Porygon gave at the appearance of the ghost-type, and as she winced at the harsh ringing in her ears the animated toy stuttered, “Kitsune, leader of Team Foxfire and savior of the world, not with Sakura, co-founder of Team Foxfire and co-savior of the world-and accompanied by Gengar, leader of Team Meanies and the cause of her exile? Th-that's not possible! It doesn't make sense!” He screamed at the improbability of the situation-The feeling's mutual, Kitty thought as she barely restrained herself from screaming with him-and turned tail on the two of them as if to escape the time paradox just waiting to happen. Just like that, one of her problems of the day was solved, simply because Gengar was being unconventionally stubborn.
 
Staring after the pink-and-blue running away from them, the umbreon found she only had two words to say to the ghost-type: “Thank you.” She received a confused frown in return.
 
 
.
 
 
Theme: Running Away
 
Lots of dragon-y love (and cookies!),
~DL (“Dragon Lover”)