Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Kidnapped ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
 
Chapter 3
 
“What the _____?!” Anton cursed.
Lacey patted his arm sympathetically. “That's your brother?”
“Unfortunately.” Anton spat out.
“Don't worry, it was probably a fluke. Let's go back to the Plateau.”
“No.” Anton frowned. “I still need to train.”
“But you've trained nonstop for a month! And your fans sent you all of those great pokemon!” Lacey protested. “You'll do fine.”
“Hmm…” Anton considered. “Say, Lacey, would you like to go on a date with me?”
Lacey swooned. “Yes!”
Anton grinned. “Cool…”
 
“What a baka…” Ash observed as he closed his yellow compact mirror.
Charlotte nodded from where she was making tossed tuna salad. “Any threat yet?”
“No… but if he goes to Shamouti the balance will tip.”
Lance turned to Ash. “Ash… if I attack you without warning, remember that it's Articuno controlling me. I fear the legend may come true again.”
Ash paled, but nodded.
The tension broke when Charlotte tripped over a sleeping Squirtle, sending the salad flying every which way.
Instantly, the air filled with hungry bird pokemon. None of it hit the floor.
Lance chuckled while Ash giggled, occasionally chiding a bird while tossing balls of birdseed mixed with molasses in the air.
 
Charlotte shook out her hair and grinned. “Guess I'm here to keep you two sane, ne?”
“I wouldn't dispute it, aneki.” Ash grinned.
“Nice to be appreciated.” She commented.
Lance crossed her arms and leaned back into the plush sofa. “You think Anton will come here?”
“No idea.”
“I've got pikachu covered.” Ash said, remembering when it had betrayed him in the past.
“Ah… That's good.”
Charlotte winked as she handed Ash a slice of chocolate cheesecake. “Well, eat up! You'll need your strength if anything happens.”
Ash grinned happily and dug in.
 
There was still the child inside of him, and it usually took over his personality. It balanced out the dark moods of the other guardians.
Very convenient for the time guardian to arrange…
Serebii hummed as she watched them. As long as the dimension was safe, all was okay. End of story…
 
Anton checked his watch and growled. Where was Archie? They had promised to meet…
Of course, a second later, a jeep drove up with the leader of the Magma inside. He took out a glass case with a single poke ball in it.
“That's it?” Anton snapped.
“Look, it's the best we can do.” Archie replied. “It's a super powered Smeargle that knows Spore, Lock On, Guillotine, and Fissure. You can kill anything with it.”
“Ooh…”
“Costs ya twenty thousand though.”
Anton flipped out a stack of bills and handed it over, receiving the blue poke ball in exchange. “Many thanks.”
“Always a pleasure to do business with you.” Archie replied before he drove off.
Anton held up the ball and grinned. * Just you wait, Ash… *
 
 
“Really, people always underestimate me. I mean, I'm holding a third of this realm's power, and normal types are under my control.”
“So?” Charlotte asked, as she finished a bowl of minestrone and grimaced. “Everyone thinks I'm weak because I'm hydrophobic.”
“And since society is so prejudiced, I have to dress as a male.” Lance added.
Ash laughed. “Seems like nobody appreciates us guardians. I say we think of something.”
“What?”
“Leave them alone… seal ourselves and our island chain, we could do that easily, and watch them fail as they wreck the environment.”
Lance paused. “Sounds good to me.”
Charlotte grinned evilly. “I say go for it!”
Ash cheered.
And the next day, the barriers went up around the Island chain, and all of the wild pokemon began migrating or those with high enough power entered the dream realm…
 
Five years later…
 
Anton coughed as he pulled the gas mask over his head. The smog levels had risen dramatically in all the major cities, as forests had been chopped down to expand living areas, rivers redirected to form power dams, thus starving other areas of wilderness, and acid rain had laid waste to still other parts.
Only a few areas remained protected. One was the `Smoky Island Chain'. Spanning about thirty islands, the entire area was protected with some sort of barrier. It included Shamouti.
Another was Seafoam Islands and Cinnabar, which strangely enough was clean and refreshing.
It was terrible. And whenever he tried to reform an industry, he would find his hands tied with red tape, lobbied bureaucrats, and money, money, money.
He felt helpless.
 
Even Team Aqua and Magma had put aside thier rivalries and organized campaigns to clean the air and land and water, but it was too little, too late.
Cerulean, once known as the city of water, crawled with Grimer. The stench from the murky rivers filled the air. Algae had taken over, fed with fertilizer from the factory farms, and now nothing lived in the water. Eutrophication at its best.
Rain was now viewed with terror, for the pH was much too high to support plant life.
Grass withered, turning areas into dust bowls.
And still, he could do nothing.
“I wish…” But he didn't finish. It wasn't as if Ash could help. He'd heard of Ash, heard he was hiding out in the aforementioned island chain.
Coward.
 
End Chapter!
Completed 12/28/03