Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Knockout Dream ❯ Chapter 1: Shattered Fist ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Shattered Fist
I do not own Pokemon
The glistening morning sun rose early that day, shinning its omniscient light over the whole Kanto region. However its light took a keen interest in the roads near Saffron, where a forgotten face was soon to make its comeback.
Very close to the city gates, a pair of teens stood firmly watching their Pokemon battle. The shorter kid, dressed with a black t-shirt, white short pants and light silver hat, battled alongside a shiny Hitmonchan. The female boxer Pokemon was festooned in a red dress instead of the usual lavender garments. However the other trainer`s Pokemon knocked Hitmonchan out with a single hit.
“Stupid Pokemon! I thought you were strong!! Shiny Pokemon are rare… But I don't need weaklings like you amongst my team!” growled the kid releasing Hitmonchan for good. The Punching Pokemon stared at his trainer, moisture glistening in its eyes. When he turned to walk away, it quickly dashed towards him. “Get away I said!!” It was futile the Pokemon was determined to follow him. “Fine…” he growled. “Rocky go! Teach this looser a lesson about real strength!”
A red and white sphere was launched into the air. In mid-air it snapped open and released an array of crimson light which took the form of The Superpower Pokemon. The difference in size, weight and height was completely overwhelming. This particular Machoke stood five feet and two inches tall and weighted 125 pounds, it was somewhat bigger than common Machokes. Still under these circumstances, Hitmonchan took a fighting pose and looked at him straight in the eye. Hitmonchan moved in to attack, but it was countered by a strong Comet Punched that sent it flying. Hitmonchan struggled to get up but it managed, using all its strength.
“A persistent weakling… Where was that determination in the previous battle? Finish it Rocky” The gray Pokemon charged forward with glowing fist. Hitmonchan braced for the attack and closed its eyes, hoping that the darkness would consume this putrid reality.
§§§
Not far from the heated battle a man jogged though the dirt roads. He was a tall man (amongst the short people of Pokemon), five feet with five inches. He had large muscles that made his total weight a 154 pounds; his whole body was well trained. He wore a sleeveless gray shirt with the name Yoshikawa Gym in the back; his legs were covered with white running pants; his shoes were worn out and muddy. His light brown eyes shone with fiery determination as he continued running through the roads. He brushed the sweat from his forehead and stroked his short jet black hair. When he reached the top he stopped. Standing before him was a creature protecting itself with its boxing gloves from an attack from a Pokemon almost as big as he was.
“Watch out!!” he darted towards the fight and tackled the Pokemon with the boxing gloves to the ground. The man got up and stared at the gray Pokemon who stood frozen before him. The Pokemon that was under him was breathing unsteadily; its eyes had lost their sharpness. As a professional boxer he had seen this before, it was no longer conscious it had been fighting purely on instinct and determination.
He noticed the kid standing behind the gray Pokemon and figured he must have been trying to catch the Pokemon or something. “Whatever your problem with this creature it's over. It's in no condition to continue battling.”
“I didn't ask for your opinion old man!” he paused. “Rocky… Finish it. Make sure to break that lame Hitmonchan forever. Being a rare shiny Pokemon others might make the same mistake as I did, so it's up to us to make sure it never fools anyone into thinking it's strong.”
The grey Pokemon growled and charged forward. When the man stood up and assumed a battling position, the Pokemon stopped. The man placed his fist before his face and began moving back and forth with his feet while remaining in the same spot.
“You're not seriously thinking of fighting a Pokemon? Either way… Rocky beat them to a pulp.” The Machoke pressed forward and began punching repeatedly; its blows were slower, somewhat dulled, it was not comfortable with the idea of fighting a human. Nevertheless, it complied with its trainer's orders.
The man dodged the blows easily. He weaved left, ducked, dashed forward; slowly he was closing the space between them. Once again, he weaved left, ducked, weaved right and ducked; bending his right knee close to the ground and using the rotation from his weaving landed a right hook on the side of Pokemon's abdomen. The harsh blow echoed throughout the area. Both remained still; Machoke's eyes trembled, he had never been touched in battle. The man's fist, hands and later his whole body began trembling from the pain. Before he could react and powerful blow to the stomach raised his body from the floor and knocked him back.
One… Two… Three… Wait a minute… Referee I can still go on… I'll get up… What's this, a Pokemon in a boxing ring? My opponent is… Oh, that's right. Boxing has… The man got up and spat a mouthful of blood and the floor. His knees were shaking; his whole body suffered from a terrible quake. He resumed his fighting pose, only this time his right fist remained lowered at his waistline.
“No one has ever landed an attack on my Rocky…” His eyes were mixed with fear and rage. “How can you still stand?” He shifted his gaze to the man's fist and gasped. He took a deep breath and chucked lightly. “Finish it Rocky, he's bluffing he isn't going to punch you again not with that fist.
His fist was drenched in blood. A crimson thread flowed steadily to the ground. Upon closer inspection shattered bones could be seen protruding from the hand. However it was still gripped tightly into a punch.
“What are you waiting for? Rocky finish it!” The Pokemon had remained frozen paralyzed by this man's fearsome determination. It had no doubt that he would retaliate. Though the blow itself had been painless it had still done damage. The Superpower Pokemon was obviously confused, but even though it had grown to admire his opponent he wasn't ready to disappoint its master. The Pokemon charged on, its fist was once again drenched in a blinding light.
The man calmed his racing mind. He moved his right leg to the front, assuming a position known in boxing as Southpaw Style. He brought his left fist to the side of his face and prepared for a counter. He overcame the bubbling fear with determination. His eyes were consumed by his fighting spirit, giving them a monster like appearance.
The pressure from his fighting stance caused stirred the Machoke but it marched on. Inches away from its target it pivoted to the left and slammed its fist into an upcoming blast of fire shaped like a Japanese kanji. The attacks canceled each other and Rocky's eyes met those of a Growlithe. Standing next to the Puppy Pokemon was its trainer clad in the blue officer's uniform.
“Attacking a civilian with Pokemon it's against the law! Get out of here before I take you to the station kid!” screamed the jade haired officer.
“Whatever. Rocky return…” A single jet of crimson light flew from the Pokeball towards the Machoke. Once it made contact its physical body disappeared and the light returned to the sphere. The kid walked turned and walked away. He glanced back at the man who still stood with his fist raised. You're just like him… A fool who thinks he's invincible.
When the kid was out of sight, the man let out a big sigh. He examined the Pokemon fainted in the ground. A polite cough caused him to turn. The officer examined his hand; she looked straight into his eyes. “We need to get you some help. Call your Pokemon into its ball and get on,” she ordered pointed to her motorcycle.
“Call your Pokemon into its ball? I don't…”
“Just get on before you bleed to death!!” she screamed.
For the first time he looked at his fist, then at the puddle of blood. He picked the Pokemon, it was heavier than he expected a rough estimate of a hundred pounds, and got on. Officer Jenny had already recalled her Pokemon and turned on the bike. She drove at full speed past Saffron Gate and into the busy city. Halfway through, she got an emergency call. She flashed a worried look to the battered pair.
“Go save the city… I can handle it from here, “said the man getting off the bike.
“But…” Before she could finish her statement he darted off struggling with the Pokemon's weight. As he ran around looking for a place where they could take care of the Pokemon, someone told him to take it to the building with a red roof. He ran staring at the rooftops until he came about said building. He kicked the doors open and asked for help. The nurse took the Hitmonchan and placed it on a stretcher.
“She'll be just fine. Sir… SIR!! You're bleeding!!” Blood flowed from the man's hand. His head became woozy and everything seemed distant. The lights inside the Pokemon Center seemed to be consumed and darkness was taking over his vision. “We need to get this man to a hospital!”
↓↑↓â ;†‘↓↑↓ ↑
There it was chapter 1… I would like some feedback on this tale of mine… But either way I'll keep writing!!