Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Knockout Dream ❯ Chapter 2: Prepare for Trouble ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Prepare for Trouble
I do not own Pokemon
The ring was filled with thousands of screaming fans. The fans gazed in awe at the intense battle. They would call out for their favorite boxer, cheering him on when he was in a pinch and rewarding his skill with joyful cries. All were amazingly strong, but all would before him eventually. The mental picture of a gray haired man with a scar over his flat nose and a golden belt across his waist that read: World Middleweight Champion would always give him the extra push to battle on.
“I think he's awakening!! Mr. Evans…” called a young nurse.
The man, whom was strapped to the hospital bed, groaned as he drifted back from his memories. “Please call me Zane.” He tried to move, but the leather straps were too tight. The nurse noticed it and quickly undid the bounds. She apologized and explained that he had shaken so violently that they had to resort to such drastic methods.
“Mr. Evans you have a visitor,” called out another nurse, the same Hitmonchan from before entered the room. The young nurse, a red headed beauty smiled when the Pokemon came in. Apparently this wasn't the first time it came to visit. “You know Mr. Evans you really shouldn't have your Pokemon wondering around without being caught. This Hitmonchan is very rare and could be targeted by trainers or worse bandits.”
“It's not mine…” The Pokemon walked up to him and stared into his light brown eyes. Its fist shook as they continued scrutinizing each other. “What do you want from me?” The Pokemon strongly called out its own name and the fire from before burned into its eyes. “So you too… That gray Pokemon he's the one?” The Pokemon nodded vigorously and dropped itself on its knees. Slowly it brought its head close to the floor bowing to the man on the bed. It called out pleading to the man.
“I don't know anything about training Pokemon.”
The Pokemon called out again. “You want to be strong. You want to defeat an enemy you couldn't even touch. You want to be the strongest?” He flashed a smile at the Pokemon. It raised itself from the ground.
The man took a deep breath and submerged himself in the sea of memories. He and this creature were very similar. He had said something similar to his trainer, Yoshikawa, and had been shaped from a wimpy boy into a contender for the World Championship. However, he still wasn't sure about taking this Pokemon; after all it was Pokemon's fault that he didn't get to complete his goal. As he debated he fell asleep once more.
The redheaded nurse woke him up in the afternoon. This time he examined her more closely and noticed the nametag on her shirt. “Shirley…” The nurse reacted to her name and smiled. She walked up to him and informed him that he had been released by the doctor. Just as she was about to leave he stopped her.
“Excuse miss, you wouldn't happen to know if there is a Martial Arts Dojo around here.”
She gasped. Her surprised was then followed by a shot of joy. “Are you here to challenge the Dojo? It's been so long since Artie had a challenger, He'll be ecstatic!! Ever since that Pokemon Contents Arena opened up, fewer trainers have come to challenge the Dojo. I better run home and tell Artie.”
Before Zane could say another word the young nurse ran out of the room. He sighed. She had completely misunderstood him. But at least he got some valuable information, his friend Artie was still here.
With some trouble he stood up and headed towards the Hospital reception area. The nurse handed him his things. After changing into his old clothes, he took some money out of one of the PC's and handed it to the women in charge.
“Madam, how do I get to the Martial Arts Dojo?”
“Oh, It's just north of town, next to the…”
“Hitmonchan!!” interrupted the Pokemon.
“It seems your Pokemon knows the way,” exclaimed the woman. The Pokemon nodded and headed for the door.
“He's not my…” He sighed and followed the Pokemon who was marching around the town with an authority that surprised even him. As they walked around the busy streets he noticed for the first time that Hitmonchan really did command the attention of other trainers. Everyone was staring at it and whispering whenever they got a closer look.
§§§
In dark alleyway between to large buildings was a troublesome trio; they were laid out on the floor. A very bony Meowht raised its beady little eyes and flashed a mischievous smile. “Would you look at that a shiny Hitmonchan, it's no Pikachu… I bet the boss would give us some dough for it.” The Pokemon's hopeful statement brought the attention of its two partners, whom were also on the floor, their bodies slightly thinner from starvation.
“This time we'll get it for sure… After all we have nothing to loose and everything to gain!” said a feminine voice, her eyes also gleaming in the darkness.
Another pair of gleaming eyes joined. “Food… Money… Hitmonchan beware…”
§§§
Hitmonchan stopped and pointed with its crimson glove to the wooden structure with the Japanese Kanji for fighting engraved on the front wall. He looked down on the Pokemon and brought his hand close to its head but stopped himself from touching it. He mumbled “thanks” and walked towards the building. He looked around, searching for some kind of doorway, when suddenly a part of the wall was knocked down.
“We accept your challenge! Prepare yourself!!” screamed a short man also nearing his thirties. His black hair was tied in a ponytail and though it was black it was already losing the luster of youth. He wore a karate uniform with a black belt tightly around his waist. He glanced at the Hitmonchan, who was at his eyesight. “You're the challenger??” Then he looked a few inches higher and his faced gleamed with happiness. “Rain!!” he screamed embracing him.
“Actually it's Zane now. I changed that ridiculous name long ago.”
“When did you get so tall?”
“I dunno… Probably when you stopped growing,” he teased with a smirked. “It's good to see you again Artie.”
Artie invited them to come in. They followed him into some sort of living room were there were a lot of small square mats on the floor. Artie sat in the middle, Zane took one closest to Artie and Himonchan took one to the right of Zane. After exchanging a pleasant conversation about the events of their life and past experiences, the young redhead, Shirley entered the room with three cups of tea.
“Sorry for jumping to conclusions,” she said handing Zane and Hitmochan their tea. “I'm glad to see you decided to keep the Pokemon.”
“I…”
“Yeah man. I was about to ask you about that. Didn't you despise Pokemon? After all wasn't because of Pokemon that your match… and you dad…”
Zane sipped his tea and looked around the room. He didn't like were the conversation was headed but decided to humor his friend. “I don't despise Pokemon. It's just that I don't love them either and I can't keep this Hitmonchan I don't know anything about Pokemon.” He then proceeded to talk about how he met Hitmonchan and how he got his injury.
Hitmonchan lower its head and stared at the cup of tea it had been handed. Quietly the Pokemon sipped the drink. It coughed silently and placed it on the wooden floor, deciding it didn't particularly enjoy its bitter taste.
“But it's such a cute Pokemon and a rare one too. If you want I could teach how to raise it properly. After all traveling with company it's delightful.”
Their attention then focused on a Cacnea that staggered into the room. Artie walked up to the green Pokemon. “Are you hurt little guy?” he asked reaching for a potion that was inside his karate robe.
“No but you will be!” screamed a male voice. “Cacnea Sandstorm!” A spiral of sand formed around the Pokemon and knocked everyone against the wall of the room.
“Now spikes!!” Thousands of tiny spikes were sent flying all over the place. Artie called out his Hariyama whom protected him and Shirley by embracing them. Zane braced himself for the blow, but Hitmonchan jumped in front of him and placed its hands over its face, reducing the damage from the spikes.
When the attacked ceased, the whole floor and walls, except for the spots where Hariyama and Hitmonchan took the blows, were completely covered in tiny dark spikes. Sinister chuckles filled the room and a pair dressed in white garments along with a Meowth dropped down from the roof. The boards from the roof served as footing for the trio. “James, make sure they don't get in the way!” ordered a Meowth so skinny you could make out most of its skeleton when it moved. The lavender haired man, James as the Pokemon addressed him, ordered another attack: “Cacnea use leach seed” Two tiny seeds were sent towards Hariyama and Hitmonchan. The Pokemon pair was ready to destroy the seeds, but two tiny bottle caps got to the seeds before they could and knocked them into the wall behind. The seeds burst and bound the humans that stood behind each Pokemon.
“Nice shot, Meowht!!” said the redhead woman festooned in the white uniform.
“Why thank you Jessie! Years of practice…” chuckled the talking Pokemon.
Zane and the others struggled to get free of their bounds but the more they fought the harder the roots squeezed. The Pokemon turned to help their friends but Artie ordered them to take care of attackers first. Hariyama nodded and prepared for battle. “Go Hariyama use Arm Thrust!” The Pokemon charged forward but flinched when he stepped over the tiny spikes.
Jessie laughed with malice. “I don't think so. We really need this catch. We can't lose. Go Seviper. Use Swagger on Hariyama!” The Fang Snake Pokemon's eyes gleamed. Hariyama gripped his fist and gritted his teeth. The Pokemon turned to Hitmonchan and began punching wildly. “This is turning out better than we planned!”
Hitmonchan took a fighting pose identical to the one used by Zane when they first met. It began doing small jumps, just like he did, and charged towards the Pokemon. It grimaced as it went over the spikes but ignored the pain and landed two blows on Hariyama's belly. Hariyama countered, its punch sent Hitmonchan flying into the wall. Hitmonchan coughed up blood, the pain from the blow and the spikes that tore its back was unbearable but it continued ignoring it. Hariyama grabbed its head in pain, for a second it seemed he had recovered, but then it charged on punching repeatedly. Hitmonchan weaved its head, but several blows grazed it anyway, when it saw an opening it used the force of the rotation and slammed a right hook into the side of Hariyama's abdomen.
“But that was… Liver Blow!” exclaimed Artie.
“It must have picked it up when watching me fight.”
Hariyama's fist began glowing. It slammed a powerful blow into Hitmonchan's chest and sent it flying. It ran towards Hitmonchan and buffeted it with its powerful arms. Hitmonchan stood there defenseless taking each powerful blow.
“You've got to do something! Call out an attack!!”
“An attack??”
“Yeah like Mega Punch!”
“Ugh… Hitmonchan, use Mega Punch!!”
The Punching Pokemon shook its head and ducked under the bigger Pokemon's blows. Quickly it rose up and punched its guts continuously. It skipped to the right and distanced itself from its opponent. Hariyama dashed towards Hitmonchan and began punching as soon as it was in range. Hitmonchan continued weaving its head and landed another blow in the same maneuver as before. The Arm Thrust Pokemon stood still as the pain in its body overflowed. Once more its fist began glowing. It raised the fist and slammed it towards Hitmonchan, but the blow was far too wide. Hitmonchan dodged to the right and countered with a right hooked that sent the larger Pokemon staggering backwards. After a few steps it fell unconscious.
“Go Seviper use Wrap. Then finish things with Poison Fang!” The snake flung itself across the room and wrapped its coils around Hitmonchan. Once it restrained the other Pokemon, it sunk its crimson fangs into Hitmonchan's left shoulder.
“Go Mime Jr. Teleport!” A pink Pokemon appeared and teleported Hitmonchan and Seviper towards the trio. The Pokemon teleported again, taking the intruders and Hitmonchan away.
↓↑↓â ;†‘↓↑
Well there you have chapter two… Strangely I've really enjoyed writing this one… I dunno if it shows… I promise to keep writing and make the story far more interesting. As always some feedback might be nice, but… This trooper will keep marching on.