Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Looped ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 10!
 
Disclaimer/Notes: See earlier parts. Oh, and the triple guardianship idea belongs to me…
Pairings: Championshippy (it also stands for Red/Lance), and AAMRN. Shadow actually wrote a kind of AAMRN fic.
 
Peter Kim - Guess what, I've only read up to book 8 of pokemon adventure so I'm writing this my way! This is my fic, ok? I obviously don't know what's happened yet and you've just spoiled it for me! *Glares* I dislike spoilers and you are now on the receiving end of the authoress' ire. I despise the relationship between Ash and Yellow, and if you had bothered to read my other fics, you might pick up the answers to some questions you've asked. I refuse to rewrite this fic. THE TRIPLE GUARDIANSHIP plays a major role in this fic, and now that's all I'm going to say. Everyone else likes the fic, so if you don't I'm not forcing you to read it.
 
Episode 10: If you know your enemy and know yourself…
 
“I can't believe you lost!” Misty said incredulously.
Ash looked sheepish. “I didn't think that his Persian would know Thunderbolt!”
“Just like you didn't think that his Arcanine would know Dragon Rage?” Brock asked.
“See, Brock is agreeing with me!”
“That's not what I meant, Ash…”
“Besides, I still got second.” Ash said in a whiny voice.
 
Red angrily shot a burst of electricity at his T.V. Pika followed up with a thunderbolt attack.
“Red, that's expensive.” A voice said from behind him. Lance stood there, looking dignified as ever.
“It's not fair! I was one match away from the championship, and then he waltzes in and just takes it away from me! And he LOST!”
“What did you expect? You yourself said that he was a slacker.”
“I know, but!” Red slammed his hands down on his desk in frustration.
“Even the best trainer loses sometimes, Red.”
Red sighed. “I know…” He adjusted his electric-proof gloves and sighed again. * It's just not fair! *
Silver eyes stared into his. “I lost too, Red.”
“Yes, I know.” Red scratched Pika's head idly. “But still!”
Lance closed his eyes. “Red, time passes quickly. Soon, you will be back in your world. Is this really so hard?”
Red nodded. * I hate losing! And I worked so hard! *
“I wish I could help.”
Red sighed. “Could you stay with me tonight?”
Lance raised his eyebrows. “All right…”
Red smiled and soon fell asleep. Pika Chu'd cutely and slept next to her trainer protectively. Lance sighed and resigned himself to his fate.
 
Two weeks later…
 
“Am I great or what?” Ash bragged. “Pikachu already beat Lorelei, and Squirtle and bulbasaur took out Bruno's pokemon with no problem!”
“Sure, Ash.” Misty said dryly. * I wonder how Red is? We haven't seen him since the last match. *
“You will face Red tomorrow.” Bruno said, startling them from their thoughts.
“No problem!” Ash said confidently. “Say, what types does he use?”
“All types.” Bruno said. “Good luck. You'll need it. Every morning, the types go on the door.”
 
The next day…
 
The dark doors swung inwards, opening. The trio looked around, but Red was nowhere to be seen.
“Hello? Red! I want to battle you!” Ash said in a loud, obnoxious voice.
“Ash! Try and be a bit more discreet!” Misty said.
Ash stuck his tongue out at her, but then he noticed how close she was to his face. He blushed.
Misty blinked. * Okay… * Then, she noticed their predicament and blushed also.
Suddenly, there was a whoosh of wind behind them. Red stood there, dressed in a black bodysuit and a golden vest and cape. His cap was nowhere to be seen. His poke belt shone brightly.
“Let's get this over with.” Red said. His voice was as cold as ice.
“You're on!” Ash said.
 
The referee walked in. Brock's eyes popped out as soon as he saw her. She had wavy black hair with gold highlights in it, and she was dressed in a dark blue vest and skirt, plus a short-sleeved white blouse and white boots and gloves.
“This will be a five on five battle.” She said in a soft voice. “Challenger picks first.”
“Okay, let's go!” Ash said. “Bulbasaur, I choose you!”
Red smiled eerily. He cupped his hands closed and bent over, before straightening up and opening his palms. A poke ball, glowing with blue light, formed between them and opened.
“Red chooses Poliwrath.” Red said softly.
Ash laughed. * This is too easy! Water types are weak to grass types! * “Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip!”
Bulbasaur nodded and struck at Poliwrath.
“Double Team.” Red said, voice not wavering an iota. Instantly, Bulbasaur's vines destroyed what was but a copy of Poliwrath.
“Now use Ice Beam.” Red finished. The beam of freezing energy struck Bulbasaur's bulb, rendering it unable to use its powder attacks or solar beam.
“Tackle!”
“Seismic Toss.” Bulbasaur tackled Poliwrath, but Poliwrath simply picked it up and threw it into the ground hard, finishing its Seismic Toss attack.
Bulbasaur struggled to stand wearily.
“Use Razor Leaf!” Ash said, not backing down an inch.
The razor sharp leaves whirled at Poliwrath, earning it a few nicks and cuts, but they were only minor injuries.
“Stubborn, isn't he?” Red asked Poliwrath. “Oh well. It's his loss. Hit it with another ice beam.”
This time, Bulbasaur was frozen solid, and Ash was forced to recall it.
 
“Red wins the first round!” The referee said.
Red glanced at his watch. * I hope this will be quick, I have an appointment soon… *
“I choose Pikachu!” Ash said. “Thunderbolt!”
“Poli, Return!” Red said, withdrawing it in a second. “Red chooses Raikou.”
“What?” Ash asked, pulling out his pokédex. “What is that?”
“No data.” Dexter said.
“Pikachu, use thunder!”
“Raikou, use Dig!” Red said with a smirk. Raikou immediately dove underground.
“Pikachu, watch out!” Ash said. But Pikachu was hit with the full force of Dig and blacked out.
“Pikachu!” Ash said as he ran onto the field. Raikou loped over to Red's side, satisfied.
“Squirtle, go!”
Red hid a smile. “Are you sure? Raikou is an electric type…”
“Then how did it know Dig?” Ash demanded.
“That's for me to know and you to discover.” Red said. Raikou blasted Squirtle with Thunderbolt. “Tsk, tsk, Ash. You're getting worse.”
Ash recalled Squirtle with a scowl. * Oh well, it's worth a try. * “Charizard, GO!”
Charizard appeared and toasted Raikou with flamethrower.
Red smiled a little bit. “Okay, I'll switch too. Raikou, return! Zapdos, I choose you!”
“ZAPDOS?!” The group demanded in unison.
The referee didn't look phased at all. “Begin.” She said.
“Um, Charizard, use Dragon Rage!”
“Zapdos, Light Screen!” Zapdos's light screen deflected most of the attack, but some still hit it.
“Great, now use Thunder!” Charizard screamed like a dragon as the electricity fried it.
Ash looked nervous. * I only have Pidgeotto and Muk left… *
“Muk, go! Throw Sludge in its eyes!”
Red shrugged and recalled Zapdos. He didn't look the least bit worried.
“Serebii, I choose you! Use Psychic!” The attack left Muk a wilted mess.
“I win.” Red said calmly. “Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting.” And with that, he stood up and left.
The referee followed.
 
“Something's going on here.” Ash said suspiciously. “I think we should follow them.”
“How?” Misty asked. * It seems dangerous… *
“I've got an idea.” Ash said. “But first, I'm going to the pokemon center to heal my pokemon…”
 
Fifteen minutes later, the trio was on the roof of the Elite Four Palace, peering in through the skylights.
Red, Lance, and the girl were deep in conversation.
Ash gulped. * I hope this works… *
 
End Part 10!
 
If you didn't' like the fic, let me remind you that you read it of your own free will, so its no fault of mine. If you did like the fic, drop a review! ^_^
 
*Phantomness exits*