Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Miracles ❯ Chapter 8 - Wondering ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Last Chapter- Wondering
 
It had been 3 days since Butch had given birth and everything was fine. In fact, they had many visitors that came by to see the newborn. Even Giovanni came by to see the newborn when he heard the news. Giovanni was angry at Namba for the way he had treated Butch and Cassidy and had him sent to TR prison for 1 year. As for Domino, b/c she had helped, she was sentenced to maid duty for 6 months. Amadala enjoyed watching Domino clean floors as did many other rockets that Domino had made their lives miserable. Lyon laughed and kicked the bucket of water on Domino. Domino looked at him evilly and said,” You are so dead.” Lyon laughed and said, “What are you going to do? Tell Giovanni?” Maria and Amadala laughed and gave him thumbs up.
 
Butch and Cassidy were allowed to take the baby home after 5 days in the hospital unit. Butch and Cassidy took the elevator to the 6th floor where their apartment was. Cassidy looked around for her keys while Butch held the car seat that contained a sleeping Hope. “I am so excited…we are finally bringing Hope home.” Butch said as Cassidy opened the door to their apartment. Cassidy said,” I know.” They opened the door and saw Amadala and Wendy sitting on the couch. “What are you guys doing here?” Butch said as they walked in with their new arrival.
 
“Well…Wendy and I have a surprise for you….” Amadala said as she took her daughter out of the carrier and walked with the gang to a room. Butch turned on the light and could not believe it. The baby's room was complete!!! It was painted a light pink color with flowers on the walls and the crib as well as a rocker and a changing table was there as well. “Guys…I don't know what to say…” Butch said as he looked around. “Thank Cassidy…she came up with the idea. She wanted it to be a surprise for you.” Wendy said.
 
Butch turned to Cassidy and hugged her. “Thanks Cass…I really appreciate this.” Cassidy smiled and said,” You are so welcome…”
 
Later that night…….
 
Hope woke up about 2:00 am crying. “She must want to be fed.” Cassidy thought to herself as she got up out of bed to go get Hope. Cassidy looked at Butch who was sleeping softly. He was still weak and tired from the surgery and Ania wanted him to relax as much as possible. Therefore, Cassidy tried to take care of the baby as much as she could. Cassidy walked to Hope's room and picked up Hope out of the crib. Hey sweeties…are you hungry?” Cassidy whispered softly to Hope as she took the baby to the kitchen and prepared a bottle. Then Cassidy sat on the sofa and started feeding Hope. As Hope continued to eat, Cassidy thought to herself,” I wish Butch could see this.”
 
Cassidy took the baby back to the bedroom with her and decided to hold the baby for a while. She sat in a chair rocking Hope back and forth and watched as Butch slept. Butch stirred a little bit and slowly opened his eyes and saw Cassidy and Hope together. He kind of smiled and thought to himself,” She is going to be a great mother.”
 
Cassidy noticed that Butch had woken up and she walked over to the bed and Butch asked,” May I hold her?” Cassidy nodded and put the baby in his arms. Butch looked down at Hope and Hope looked back at her father with her chocolate brown eyes. “She looks like me alright…probably will act like me too…” Butch thought to himself. Butch looked back at Cassidy and said to her,” I hope that we can give a good life to this child. She deserves it from us.” Cassidy looked at him and said,” She will. She will have us and Amadala and we will all be there for her.” Butch nodded and kissed Cassidy. He looked back down at Hope again and thought to himself,” You will have a good life and a good upbringing Hope. We will always be here for you no matter what.”
 
Butch nodded and looked back at his baby. He kissed her and finished rocking her to sleep. Hope seemed to cuddle up to Butch as if she knew that this was the one who had carried her for 9 months and then gave birth to her.
 
During the next couple of weeks, Butch got better and Hope starting growing. Everything was fine in the household and even Butch and Amadala had decided on how to take care of the baby. They decided that when one was working then the other one would take Hope and if they both were working, then they would leave her with someone.
 
The day finally came that Butch was given the ok to return to work. He fed Hope as he was waiting for Amadala to pick her up. Butch looked down at Hope and thought to himself,” She has my appetite as well as my looks.” Cassidy caressed Hope's cheeks when she heard a knock on the door. “Come on in!” Cassidy said as Amadala entered. “Hi guys! I am here to pick up my daughter.” Amadala said as Butch finished feeding Hope and gave her to her mother. “You take good care of her alright….if she gets sick or anything call us…the numbers are in the diaper bag on this side…” Butch said kind of worried like. Cassidy giggled. Butch sounded just like a worried parent. Amadala smiled and said,” Don't worry..I will know what to do. Thanks and bye…” Amadala walked out of the room and down the hall with her daughter in her arms.

“Do you think Hope will be alright?” Butch said as they walked to their next place to steal pokemon. Cassidy smiled and hugged Butch. “She will be just fine…” Cassidy said as they continued their journey to their next destination.