Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Miracle of the First Child ❯ Chapter 1- Shock Trauma ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1- Shock Trauma
Marie sighed as she tossed in her sleep. She sat up and sighed. “Another sleepless night..”
She looked over to see her boyfriend of 4 years, Lyon, asleep in the bed.
As a guy of 23 years of age, he was very handsome. His silver hair glissened in the moonlight as he slept peacefully. Out of all the times that he dyed his hair, this had to look the best on him. Marie always thought that it was strange that Lyon dyed his hair every week but he said that it kept him from remembering his true hair color.
Marie looked at his face and she seen an angel sleeping. Even his scar and his damaged eye without his eyepatch looked handsome. She sighed and got out her diary and began writing.
Dear Diary,
Well, its another sleepless night in TR HQ. I don't understand why I cannot sleep. I guess it must be nerves…
I wonder though Diary what led me to Lyon…he is so handsome in his own ways..even if he does have his own weird quirks….
I guess it was the fact that he could relate to me in so many ways and the fact that even though was rough on the outside, he had a gentle heart on the inside…
Lyon said that we would get out of Grunt Ranks and make something of ourselves but I told him that if we do that, we could lose each other….
I love him diary with all my heart I just hope that he feels the same….
Well, its late Diary…I am now getting kinda sleepy…
Talk to you tomorrow
Marie
Marie finished up her Diary entry and placed it back in the drawer on her nightstand. She turned out the flashlight and snuggled in the covers. In an instant, she was asleep.
The next morning was bright and sunny as Lyon stretched and got out of bed to take a shower. He looked to see Marie in the bed still asleep.
Lyon smiled and kissed her and then went into the bathroom. The bathrooms in the rank halls were small and Lyon and Marie had to make do with what they had.
“I must remind myself to ask Amadala if we can change that….she is like Giovanni's daughter…..I am sure that she could do something..”
Lyon turned on the water and climbed into the shower. As he was showering his hair, he noticed that the dye was beginning to come off.
I need to dye my hair yet again…hmm…I might stay with Silver…Marie says that she likes that on me the best of what she has seen…”
Lyon finished up his shower and then dried himself off. As he was putting on his clothes, he looked back at the mirror and seen his damaged eye. He touched it and looked at where his part of his eye used to be.
FLASHBACK….
“MOMMY!! DADDY!! Sophia!! Ginny! Where are you???” A young Lyon screamed as he looked around his house. He coughed as the fire rushed his way.
“Mommy!! Where are yo—“ Lyon tripped over something. He looked back to see his mommy dead on the floor in front of him.
“MOMMY!!” Lyon said as he shook her to wake her up.
Just then, a loud BANG!! Was heard. Lyon stepped back to see a firemen come in to rescue him.
“Son…you are the only survivor it looks like…looks like your eye is damaged as well..come….we will get you some help…” The fireman said as Lyon passed out in his arms.
END FLASHBACK
Lyon sighed. “Why did I have to survive?”
He finished putting his clothes on and placed his eyepatch on his left eye. He looked at himself for a few minutes before coming out of the bathroom.
Marie had just got up out of the bed as Lyon entered the room. “Are you okay Lyon? You sure took your time in there..”

Lyon nodded and said,” The bathroom is all yours….Oh by the way, they are having pancakes today for breakfast..”
Marie nodded. “My favorites….”
Lyon looked at Marie. She was indeed the perfection of beautiful as her pink hair glistened in the sunlight. Her green eyes looked like they were full of life and happiness. Her blue nightgown hung on her gracefully as Lyon carefully studied her. But then his eyes were met with a slight bulge in her nightgown.
Lyon looked at Marie. “Are you gaining weight?”
Marie looked at him funny. “What do you mean?”
Lyon pointed to her bulge. “I mean that…”
Marie looked down at her stomach and shrugged. “ I guess that I am….”
“We need to lay off the pickled salmon sticks and pocky for a while…” Lyon said while chuckling.
Marie chuckled back and said,” I am going to take a shower…”
Marie went into the bathroom and closed the door. She took off her nightgown and carefully studied her stomach. Sure enough, as Lyon had said, there was a slight bulge to it.
“ I need to lay off the food for a while…” Marie said to herself as she turned on the water and stepped into the shower.
It took her 20 minutes or so but she finshed her shower. She got out and dried herself off and put on her uniform. She always hated her uniform especially since she looked like a guy in it. She has tried to fix it up with her style by adding another belt and dying her pants but that still did not hide the ugly color.
She fixed her hair in a bun and then walked out of the bathroom to where Lyon was sitting at. Lyon smiled. “You look nice..”
Marie smile as she kissed him. “And you do as well…”
Lyon sighed. “ I wish that I did not have this eyepatch or scar, then I would look better…”
Marie cupped his chin and said,” Don't wish that..EVER….”
Lyon smiled as they walked out of the apartment and down to the cafeteria. One of the advantages of having a first floor room was that they were not far from the cafeteria.
Lyon and Marie entered the cafeteria where they were met with an interesting scene. Butch and Amadala's daughter Hope was walking now and she was pulling James' hair as they watched. Lyon and Marie snicked as they got their plates and went and sat down with Butch, Cassidy, Amadala, and Wendy.
Butch walked over and grabbed Hope and brought her back to the table He chuckled. “She is only two years old and yet she has the strength of an adult…But then again she is just like me..”
Indeed, it was true. She had Butch's brown eyes and green hair not to mention his personality.
Butch cut up some of his pancakes and Hope looked at them. “Pancake..” Hope said.
Butch smiled as he gave her a fork and she began trying to eat the pancake.
Lyon smiled. “You sure have a smart child there Butch…”
Butch looked at Lyon “Thanks..we are trying to teach her how to use a fork on her own….we are also potty training her which is not going so well..”
Amadala sighed. “I told you Butch….females and males use the bathroom a different way…”
“Yeah you are supposed to SIT her on the toilet not stand her up..” Cassidy as she drank her orange juice.
Marie sighed. “I wish that I had a child….”
Lyon nodded back at her. “It would be fun to have a child running around TR HQ like Hope does..and everyone loves Hope to death..”
Amadala chuckled. “Yeah, yesterday, she got out of my grasp and went into Giovanni's office and sat in his lap..thank goodness that Giovanni loves children..”
Lyon chuckled. “Who would have thought that someone tough like Giovanni would love children…”
Marie grinned as she clutched her stomach. She groaned.
Lyon look her and asked,” Are you okay?”
Marie looked at Lyon. “ I just—I just—feel kinda dizzy tha's all..”
“Do you need to lay down?”
“no- I….” Just then Marie collapsed.
“MARIE!!” Lyon shouted as he grabbed her from behind.
Amadala looked at one of the other grunts. “Go get Ania- NOW!!!!!! Tell her that we have someone down in the cafeteria..”
The grunt nodded and took down the hallway.
“Marie, stay with us Marie..” Amadala said as she checked her pulse.
Marie could still hear everyone around her and she passed out.
The next thing that she knew, she was in the hospital wing with an IV in her arm. Marie looked around.
How did I get here?” She thought to herself as she saw Ania come in her room.
“Ahh! Marie! You are awake now! We are running tests to find out what caused you to collapse in the cafeteria..” Ania said as she checked her pulse.
“Where's Lyon? Is he okay?” Marie asked.
Ania looked at her. “He is just fine..he is in the waiting room..I shall tell him that you are awake..”
Ania walked out of the room. Marie just looked at her hands. “What happened? What is wrong with me?”