Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ One Long Journey ❯ Hello Aqua Region! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"What are you, like, doing Misty? Didn't you, like, get our message?" Lily said.

"What message?" Misty asked putting down her manga.

"Like, Misty, we're, like not going on the trip! Duh! So, like, we don't need you here. Like, we've gotten better at Poke'mon!" Violet said, almost shocked that Misty didn't know.

"Little sis," Daisy said putting her arm around Misty, "we, like, don't need you here. You should be with your friends traveling"

"Um, but, that's, like, too late. I, like, got a message from that one dude that he and Ash are, like, in another region already." Lily said, sounding a little sorry for Misty.

"Hmm...I wonder whose fault that is!" Mist was accusing her sisters with a glare.

"Like, sis, we're sorry, OK? Why don't we give you what they gave us? Ok?" Daisy handed Misty a piece of paper.

"A ticket? For...the Aqua Region? What's this?" Misty had never heard of the Aqua region

"Like, it's this one study region. They want you to battle with the native Poke'mon there for, like, research or something. And they gave it to us because we're the Cerulean Gym Leaders. But really, like, we would have preferred the trip to the Johto. So we're like staying here," explained Daisy

"You can go, Misty, like, as our entourage! They, like, have all water Poke'mon and…" Violet started

"When can I leave?" Misty interrupted exitedly.

"Right after you, like, pack silly!" Daisy said with a smile.
Dear Journal, I'm going to the Aqua region. Wow. I can't believe they thought I was so good that now I'm a research project. I think Daisy said they saw me at all
of Ash's competitions and thought I was good. Ash...I miss him. But that's one reason why I'm going: to get over Ash. It's been two/three years since I've known him, and the idiot never got a clue. Brock did, though. I'll miss him. He was so nice, so funny! I think I'll miss both of them... Anyway, Daisy, Lily, and Violet seemed happy to get rid of me. They bought me some new stuff (even a new bike...mine was getting small), Poke' balls, and even some Poke' gear of my own. They seemed pretty happy. Later, when everybody was asleep, Lily came into my room. Here's how the conversation went:
Lily: So, you're going tomorrow.
Me: Yep.
Lily: Wow...It's been so long since you've stayed for a while.
Me: Yeah, and?
Lily: Misty, you know I'm going to miss you, right?
That's when it hit me: Lily really did care. So did Daisy and Violet.
Daisy: Can we come in?
Me: Fine.
Violet: We're going to miss you, sis.
Daisy: Yeah.
Lily: They're right, you know.
Lily: Come on, you guys. Misty's probably really sleepy.
Daisy: Yeah, she's probably tired too.
Violet: Yeah. `Night sis.
Me: `Night.
So now I'm on a ship to the Aqua Region. I feel weird. I'm going on my own...with no friends...Except the professor of Marine City: Professor Myakka. Lily says she used to visit us when I was little, and she was
ouraunt. I'm excited to meet her. She's supposed to give me my starting Poke'mon, since Violet took mine. She eventookPsyduck, who had just evolved into Golduck. I didn't want any of them any more. They just reminded me of my old friends. This leads me to Sakura.She called me yesterday and told me she had won the competition. And guess what? She has all Eevee evolutions: Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, Espeeon, and the new grass type, Bladeon. She told me she is retiring after she beats the Elite Four, so she can become part of the Poke'mon G-Men. I'm proud of her. So, I think I might retire, too.
Bye!
Misty


She closed the book and put it on her night stand. "Was this the right choice?" She didn't know. "Perhaps the change will be good for me" She thought. All of a sudden the picture phone started ringing. She ran and pushed the button. She saw, on the screen, the front of a lab coat and some long hair, and a name tag, "Myakka? The one who's giving me my Poke'mon?" Myakka seemed to be standing up, so she couldn't see her face.

"Hello Ma'am." She said in a cheery voice

"Please don't be so formal when you're alone. Please call me Myakka," corrected the voice through the telephone.
"But aren't you my aunt? Then shouldn't I call you Aunt Myakka?" People were so confusing.
"You do realize I'm your age, right?" Myakka asked with a slight amusement in her voice.
"Really? Um..."
"Myakka is fine, Misty." That saved Misty from some embarrassment. Misty saw a hand get close to the screen then the hand adjusted the camera so it pointed to Myakka, Misty saw a young girl maybe 15 or 16. Her long reddish brown hair assured Misty that this was her mother's baby sister. The resemblance was unmistakable.
"All right then, Myakka. What's wrong?" After names and introductions, there wasn't much that was harder in a conversation.
"Nothing much. I just wanted to let you pick your Poke'mon."
"Isn't it a little early?"

"The Aqua League is very tough, Misty. If you want to train here, you need to battle the second you get off the ship. Many people are chosen, but they immediately lose and either go home or train in Poke'mon care, etcetera. Now, we don't have only water Poke'mon, Misty. We specialize in water, but we also vary from water, to ice, to steel, to weather Poke'mon." Myakka's voice was sounding more professional as the minutes wore on.
"Weather?" asked Misty, confused once again.
"A Poke'mon whose type changes on command."

"I think I'm ready to pick Aunt...I mean, Myakka."
"We have Carnal, the ice Poke'mon." Started Myakka
"It looks like a little, walking, violin." She thought "but how is it supposed to attack?"
"We also have Copake, the water Poke'mon." Continued Myakka

"The hyper Poke'mon. Reminds me of Ash...and a no behaving Charizard I once knew."
"Meet Cru, the weather Poke'mon and finally Suez, the steel Poke'mon."

As she introduced each of them a picture formed on the screen and a Poke'dex entry.
"I think like Cru." Misty was completely won over at the sight of the weather Poke'mon's big blue eyes.

"I see. This is just a small detail, though, Misty. Cru was a breed of new Poke'mon. No one in Aqua has one. It's never been tested, because we were scared of what battling with it is like. If that's fine with you, I'll send Cru over with some Aqua-balls and an updated Poke'dex that stores anything you add in. Ready?"
"Yes, I'm ready." Misty was confident in the little weather Poke'mon. What could go wrong?
"Commence transfer!" Myakka shouted, the drone of the machine was difficult to speak over. "Well, did Cru get over, Misty?" She asked.
"Hang on." Misty grabbed the blue Poke'ball and threw it, "Cru, I choose you!"
The most adorable Poke'mon Misty had ever seen popped out of the Poke'ball. With a "Cha! Cu-cu!" Misty knew she had picked the right Poke'mon
Myakka smiled "So, what is Cru's name?" She always loved people's first view of the Poke'mon they would become life long friends with.

"Um, Ash, Phoenix? That's too long. Cinder? It should be a watery kind
of name." Names were always so hard to pick.
"How about Myth?" Myakka suggested.
"Yeah! Myth, do you want to travel around with me?"
"Cha! Key-Key!" Sang out Myth happily
with a big smile Myakka said, "She seems to like you, Misty."
A roar of applause was heard in the background. "You should go now, Misty. There seems to be some battling going on. The more practice you get before you land, the better."
"Wait! What are Cru's attacks?"

Of course how could have she forgot, you always tell the trainers the attacks. "Let's see, at that level, it should know a few attacks. There's Dragon Bolt, which can be an attack of any element. There's also Firework Mirage, which can make your foe sleep, be paralyzed, you know the rest of the states attack. The rest are Agility, Evade, Double Team, Tackle, Quick Attack, Growl, and Tail Whip which I assume you know what they do. Have fun, okay Misty?"
"I will." Misty wanted to please Myakka.

"Well then, what are you waiting for? Go! Make me proud! Oh...and if you happen to run by someone who got a Poke'mon from a Professor Mimi of Pearl City,
please battle with them. She's one...well an idiot of a professor. Beat whoever has a Poke'mon from her, OK?"
"W-w-wait! I need to know…"
With one last wave and a smile Myakka interrupted her and said, "Bye!" Then the screen went dead.

"Hey! Tsk...I'll battle a Mimi progeny and find out some things...Watch
out everybody! Misty's at the reins!"

Ok, this was a fic done by my friend, and she let me edit then finish it for her, she is sooooo nice to me ^.^ Her AIM is KoichiwaJester and you can e-mail he at ryuki_angel@sailormoon.com Review, so I can see if y'all like it! Bye!

Bunnie