Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ One Long Journey ❯ First Battle ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`I wonder where these Mimi prodigies are,' Misty thinks. She walks to the teen room on the 5th deck. She looks around, a couple computers, a telephone, some music stations and a… She reads the sign over what looks like a bar. `lets see, a `Mock-tail bar? What will they think of next, oh well, I am kind of thirsty. Misty sits down on a chair in front of the `Mock-tail bar' the bartender comes up.

"Hi! My name is Ichigo, what can I get for you today?"

"A lemonade, please." Misty pulls out her purse.

"It's alright," Ichigo says, "everything is already paid for, you only need to pay for extra things, like at the spa, and places like that."

"Oh thanks, I didn't know that." Misty was relieved, she didn't have that much money to begin with.

Ichigo hands her the lemonade with a smile then goes to help other teens.

A tired looking girl walks into the teen room and ambles toward tho Mock-tail bar. She stares at Misty's lemonade and sneers. "That's a rather common drink. Quite the thinker aren't you?" She sits down a few stools away and mutters, "What a simpleton."

"Excuse me?" Misty asks, who did this chic think she was?

"Yes, a simpleton! You are a simpleton!" She took a breath and looker to the bar tender. "A mango-strawberry smoothie and kiwi sherbet, please. No apricot juice, and make it fast Ichigo."

"Yes, of course Miss Aizawa." Ichigo replied.

"Do you do nothing all day but put on you `I'm better than you' act?" Misty said calmly.

"Excuse my impoliteness, but..." The girl started.

"Well I'll say you're impolite." Misty muttered

"As I was saying," the girl continued, very irritated, "I was wondering if you had any Poke'mon with you. Maybe Professor Mimi...you have heard of her?"

"Oh, you mean the ditz from Pearl City?" Misty said matter-of-factly.

"I mean the wonderful educator who is remarkably good at spotting talent." The girls eye started to twich, she was so angry at Misty at this point.

"Oh, sure...What about her?" Misty was trying her hardest to be calm she had learned from experience that the best way to tick someone off was to seem indifferent.

"Professor Mimi is giving out beginning Poke'mon to those who have qualities of being a trainer, even better, a master. Do you have a Poke'mon? Oh, maybe you're that one intern who is going to study Poke'mon food. How does it taste?" The girl asked coldly.

"For your information, the intelligent Professor Myakka of Marine Town, who gave me a Poke'mon to beat the dense so-called trainers of Professor Mimi, is not sending me to the Aqua Region to taste Poke'mon food." Even though Misty was trying her best to keep cold her eye had started to twitch.

"Very well, Miss what did you say you name was again?" The girl's air had gone up for hill-Billy to princess in a matter of seconds.

"Misty."

"Alright then Miss. Misty, my name is Mint, it's a… experience to meet you, care for a Poke'mon battle?"

"What?"

"I said, would you battle with me? If you think you can beat a Mimi intern so easily, well missy, you're wrong! I'll defeat you and make sure Mimi doesn't hear of such insolence!" Mint was going to take down this prissy little girl, and show her what a Mimi intern could do.

"Fine! I'll accept!" Misty declared. `Wow, this is fast, I only got Myth half-an-hour ago, I wasn't expecting to battle so quickly, I guess Myakka was right.' She thought.

"So, where do we battle?" Misty demanded.

"Don't tell me you haven't read the map!" Mint exclaimed.

"Um… I kind of…"

"There is a battle arena in the other room," Ichigo said, "I'll take you there in…" She checked her watch, "5 minutes. Can you guys wait that long?"

"Yeah," said Misty

"Fine," sighed Mint.

After a few minutes another young woman walked into the Mock-tail bar. "Hey Cho-cho! Can you take over for me a little early; I need to referee a Poke'mon battle. I'll be back in like 30 minutes, please?" Ichigo more told than asked as she dragged Misty's arm toward another room.

"There are 2 battle arenas on each section. Were in Midship, which is the middle of the ship, so we have to go to deck 7 to get to the closest battle arena. There is another one on deck 11, and one on this deck, but it's aft, and that's too far to walk. So we'll take the elevator," Ichigo said so fast you could have sworn she wasn't speaking English.

(A/n: The tree parts of the ship are Forward (the front of the ship) Midship (middle) and Aft (the back) I went on a Disney Cruise line © and so that's what I am basing my ship on.)

Ichigo pushed the up button and leaned against the wall. Misty watched the arrow slowly make its way from 10 to 5, with a `bring' the elevator doors opened. Misty, Mint, and Ichigo stepped to the side to let three teenage girls off and then walked into the elevator. Ichigo pressed the button for deck 7 and then pushed the door close button. They rode the elevator to deck 7 and got off. Ichigo grabbed Misty's arm again and trotted off to the left.

They walked into a huge stadium. The lights were so bright that Misty had to shield her eyes with her hand.

Ichigo led Misty to the trainers' platform and pointed Mint to the other one. Ichigo walked to the platform off to the side of the arena, she turned on the microphone and announced the rules. "This will be a one Poke'mon battle, where the first to faint will lose. You guys ready?" She looked to see both Misty and Mint nodding their heads, "All right then, begin!"

"Go Geo!" Mint commanded. A clear rock shaped Poke'mon pooped out, "Gee-oh!"

"Alright! I choose you, Myth!"

"Croo! Cruu! Rue!"

"Myth! Use your...Dragon Bolt as…" `Hmm, Geo is an ice type so…' "As fire!"

"Ra!" Myth's eyes glowed red for a moment then in its hands a cone of fire started forming. It grew until it was about 6 feet (2 meters) long. Myth pulled her hands back and threw the fire cone which turned into a lightning shape. It blasted into Geo with a tremendous force. The few spectators who had heard the commotion clapped and cheered.

`No' thought Mint `I can't lose.' She was desperate to win. "Geo! Use your Cheat Attack!

(A/n: The Cheat Attack allows Poke'mon to sleep and regain health by stealing the foe's health, and the foe cannot penetrate through the shield at all.)

"That's not fair! That attack is to be used against wild Poke'mon only!" Misty complained.

"It's called the Cheat Attack for a reason. And it's perfectly legal because only very strong level Poke'mon can learn it."

"Misty in Aqua league almost all attacks are legal," Ichigo explained.

"Ok then, Myth! Firework Mirage! Penetrate that shield!"

"CRU!" Fire started forming around the arena, it all gathered onto Myth's horn, and then Myth charged forward. "CRUUUUUU!!!" Cru wasn't strong enough. The shield wasn't breaking and Myth was losing power.

"Come on Myth! You can break that shield!" Myth pushed harder at Misty's command the shield started to crack.

"What?" gasped Mint.

With a shattering sound the shield broke and Myth's horn went right into Geo. Geo's eyes opened wide then it fainted.

"And Miss Mint Aizawa's Poke'mon, is unable to battle! The winner is Miss Misty of Cerulean City and her Cru, Myth!" Ichigo yelled.

"Go Myth!" Misty ran down to the battle ground and hugged her Poke'mon. "Myth? You look so tired! You should rest now. Return…"

"Hold it right there!" Mint said.

"What now?" asked Misty exasperated.

Mint put out her hand, "I would like to congratulate you, Misty. You seem ready for the Aqua Challenge."

She put Cru on the ground and shook Mint's hand. "Huh? What Aqua Challenge?" She scratched her head, "Can someone explain this?"

Mint smiled, "Please follow me to the deck 13, Misty."

"Um...All right. Myth... "

"Ah, yes. Of course. Your Cru deserves this. A Moo-Moo milk." She handed Misty a bottle of Pink liquid.

"Myth? Want some medicine?" Misty handed the bottle to Myth.

"Cha! Cha-cha!" Sang Myth happily

Misty watched Myth finish her milk, "Ok, now return, Myth!"

Misty followed Mint to her stateroom on deck 13. "Wow, you sure have a high room, mine's on deck 2, I like watching the water go by though." Misty said.

"Yeah, my parents got it for me. I like being on top of the world," Mint said with a wink. "So, Misty, do you recognize me?"

"Um...no... Should I?" Misty asked meekly.

"Do you remember certain Professor Ivy?"

"Yes... I don't see…" Misty started

"And what about her sisters?" Mint sounded like she was talking to a toddler

"Uh...not really. But what does this have to do with anything?"

"You see, Misty, I am not only one of Professor Mimi's interns, but I also am Professor Ivy's sister!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey-hidey-ho! It's me Bunnie, so how do you like it so far? Review or I might not finish it. Mwhahahaha!

Misty: But I have to win the Aqua league!

Mint: And they have to find out who I am! Other than a bi…

Misty: *covers Mint's mouth* A b…um…bossy girl, yeah that'll do, Mint right? *Cold stare*

Mint: Um yeah, bossy, ~mutters~ Stupid G rating…

Bunnie: Ok! See ya next chapter!