Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ One Long Journey ❯ Karaoke night! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Misty walked towards to the `Stack.' It was on the 5th deck. When she got there is turned out to be Karaoke evening. She entered to the sounds of “As we go on, we remember all the times we've had together…” It was pretty good. The higher notes were a bit flat, but all together it was nice.
 
“Mint!” Misty called into the crowded room. There were kids everywhere. Apparently karaoke night was popular. The girl singing finished her song and there was some polite applause. Then Misty stopped looking for Mint. Mint was marching right up to the stage.
 
Mint smiled and looked at the crowd. She was ready to surprise them all. It had been hard finding this particular song. But they should like it. She started singing, “I can't eat anything, without shoving my hands down my throat! And I refuse to meet the world without smearing on make-up with my hair, blinding my eyes.” The crowd was silent throughout the whole song. When it ended with “I can't remember the last time I've seen my own eyes, or the color of my skin do you know what its like too feel ugly all the time! Ooh, ooh the color of my skin, do you know what its like to feel ugly all the......” There was no applause.
 
Misty noticed the silence and realized how embarrassing it must be for Mint. She had sung very well, but the song was so intense. Everyone must be stunned. Taking charge, Misty broke out into hearty applause. One by one the other teens started clapping too.
 
“Mint, that song was so… I can't think of any words to describe it.” Misty hugged Mint when she climbed off the stage.
 
“It's by From First to Last. The singer also had poor self-image. It really speaks to me.” Mint returned the hug.
 
“I had no idea, Mint you are so pretty. And…” She stopped. A girl had waltzed up to the stage and everyone fell silent.
 
It was Missy. The lead singer from E~jump. What was she doing here? “Hey everyone, it's me, Missy, and I'm going to sing Savor the Moment, off our new album.” She held the microphone close to her mouth and began to sing. “Each and every day you walk down the street, staring down at your own two feet…” Her voice was rich and full. She broke into the chorus and everyone sang along. “Savor the moment it's already gone, savor the moment we're always moving on. Savor the moment stop living in the past, savor the moment it might be your last.”
 
Missy kept on singing but Mint was pulling Misty away from the crowd. Misty followed the blue haired girl into a deserted elevator. “Look Misty,” she started, but trailed off.
 
“What is it? You know after that song, I feel I really know you better and yet, I know nothing about you.” Misty looked into Mint's eyes.
 
“Okay. The truth. But I need to know one thing.” Mint took Misty's hands into hers.
 
“Anything.” Misty was willing to do whatever to finally get the information.
 
With that Mint placed a firm kiss on Misty's lips.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Bunnie: Okay it's been well over two years…
 
Mint: Holy crap woman!
 
Misty: You really should have updated. You wrote for less than a week then stopped.
 
Bunnie: Whatever.
 
Mint: Anyway why do I um…
 
Misty: Yeah she's not well…
 
Bunnie: It's a FANFIC and I wanted to spice things up a little. I'm older now. I have different interests. Please review!