Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon Quest ❯ Anna vs. Jacob... Again ( Chapter 27 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Pokemon Quest
 
Jacob glared at who he thought was his friend. Why had Anna betrayed them? And all this talk of Varen being her father… this was all too much.
 
Finally, Jacob sighed and pulled out a Pokeball saying, “Anna, if you're going to try to stop us, I'll have no choice but to challenge you to a battle.”
 
“I'm very sorry it had to come down to this,” Anna replied, bowing to him, “but you just don't understand daddy's plan.”
 
Izy would have wanted to take a stab at Anna herself had Anna not had such a good history with the group. It was obvious to her that the young girl was simply being manipulated. Izy wasn't mad at Anna, just disappointed that she would believe the filth that came from Team Advent.
 
“Lucario, Infernape, you guys took in a lot of damage in that last battle,” the boy said, “so you deserve a nice rest,” sending out Cacturne. As Cacturne was a grass type, he was a very good choice to battle rock type Pokemon.
 
As the battle began, Jacob yelled, “CACTURNE, USE SPIKES!!!” as the two-legged cactus nodded and send a row of spikes around the area. This was a smart move on Jacob's part. What this meant was that every time Anna switched Pokemon, the replacement would take in damage from the spikes scattered across the floor.
 
Rampardos charged at the cactus Pokemon only to take in a Needle Arm to the face. Being a rock type, he took in major damage from this. But it didn't end there. Cacturne sent the dinosaur flying with another needle arm followed by Pin Missile.
 
Rampardos shook his head, ignoring all the pain he had taken in, Jacob, Izy and Sarah's eyes wide open. How could the dinosaur stand after all of that? They could have pondered this further had Anna not forced the dino to go all-out.
 
First, Cacturne had his guard down when Rampardos slammed into him with Take Down, ignoring the recoil damage. He then proceeded to deliver some more damage with an attack called Pursuit followed by a psychic physical attack known as Zen Headbutt in which his head glowed a brilliant blue light and sent Cacturne flying.
 
But rather than feeling alarmed by this, Jacob simply grinned and shouted, “CACTURNE, USE REVENGE!!!!”
 
Rampardos was unable to respond as Cacturne rammed his fist hard into the dinosaur's chin, knocking him out for good. Not only was Revenge a fighting type move, but its strength was greatly increased whenever the user was hit before using it.
 
Jacob looked at Anna with seriousness and said, “I beat you once and I can do it again.”
 
Anna smiled softly and said, “That was wonderful, but you're still going to lose,” and sent out a bug-like dinosaur known as Armaldo. Once again, the others were shocked. Where did Anna get Armaldo?
 
This would certainly be more difficult as Armaldo was part bug-type, and grass types were weak against bug moves. Despite Armaldo cringing due to the pain caused by the spikes on the floor, Jacob knew this would be a hard battle. But then he remembered something else. Due to her bug DNA, Armaldo didn't have a weakness to grass type attacks like Rampardos did, but she was still weak against water attacks. That meant the best bet was to replace Cacturne with Floatzel.
 
But upon summoning Floatzel, he didn't get the supportive result he'd wanted. Instead, Floatzel ran over to Sarah, who was wearing a skirt, and lifted it up, the woman panicking while Izy snickered, “Would you believe that Floatzel's a girl?”
 
“FLOATZEL, NOW'S NOT THE TIME!!!!” Jacob snapped as the weasel looked down in shame and waddled over to her master.
 
Meanwhile, Marcy was tampering with the mind control machine and managed to pull out the main wires. She smiled, feeling very proud of her handy work only to see that nothing had happened.
 
`No…' she thought, `I can't believe it… it's not powered by electricity… but what's making it do this?' And so started the long search for the source of the machine's power.
 
While this was going on, Clarissa and Kevin had made it to the most important part of the base. They stood right outside Varen's office, but before they could enter, a familiar young woman stood before them.
 
“Perona, it's been a while,” Kevin said as the woman glared shouting, “You'll never stop my master's plan! I won't let you pass!”
 
Clarissa turned to her partner with a serious look and nodded to him. She then summoned her Mantine as it pinned Perona up against the wall, Kevin running into Varen's office. Perona was now furious. How dare these two take advantage of her like that? She wasn't going to stand for that, so she sent out her Sceptile, which drove a pair of leaf blades into Mantine's back. The stingray cried in pain as blood came from her and fell to the floor, Clarissa returning Mantine to her ball.
 
“You shouldn't have been the one to challenge me,” Perona said with an evil grin, “All of your Pokemon are water types while I happen to have a Sceptile who's leagues ahead of them.”
 
“Even so,” Clarissa replied, “We're not aiming for you, therefore I couldn't care less if I lost, which will most definitely not happen.”
 
With that, Clarissa whipped out a Pokeball sending out a large tortoise with water cannons coming from its shell. This was known as Blastoise.
 
Varen grinned wickedly upon seeing Kevin and said, “I can't believe you actually made it this far. I must say, you're as surprising as always.”
 
“Yeah, cram the chit-chat,” the man remarked, pulling out a Pokeball, “I won't allow you to fulfill your plan!”
 
Varen simply let out soft laughter before turning it into hysterics and retorted, “Do you honestly believe you can stop me!? I've already taken control of most of the legends! I just need the small weak ones and my plan will be complete!”
 
Kevin grinned until Varen added to this: “I know all about your plan. You intend to destroy my mind control device while I'm distracted.”
 
Kevin's eyes went wide as Team Advent's leader held his hands behind his back and continued, “I'm afraid this plan of yours is pointless as the mind control machine works with a power source that cannot be destroyed. I'm afraid my machine can't be dismantled, no matter how hard you try.”
 
Fire burned in Kevin's eyes. It was official. He needed to take out Varen before anything else could happen, and as such he threw a Pokeball into the air releasing a rather odd Pokemon. This creature had white skin and narrow eyes along with a purple tail and violet eyes.
 
“So it's true,” Varen said with a look of amazement, “You actually did manage to catch the legendary Mewtwo. I never should have doubted you.”
 
The man proceeded to pull out a Pokeball of his own with a wicked grin saying, “It's too bad I have the next best thing,” hurling and ball and sending out a small pink cat-like creature. Kevin grimaced in response to this as Varen had actually managed to capture Mew, the Pokemon Mewtwo was cloned from.
 
“Impressive,” Kevin stated, “but let's not forget that Mewtwo is stronger.”
 
“Yes, that is true,” Kevin replied as he shouted a command, Mew changing into the form of Mewtwo. How could Kevin forget that Mew could use Transform, which allowed the user to become its opponent?
 
This was terrible. Mew was born a good Pokemon who only believed in peace. To see this beautiful creature being used for evil was just sickening.
 
Jacob was actually winning his battle with Anna as Floatzel made quick work of Armaldo and after that managed to defeat Graveler, but this battle was far from over. Anna sighed and called upon her next Pokemon, but Jacob knew he had the upper hand.
 
What surprised him a lot was what came out. It was a beautiful white fox with nine beautiful tails, and this Pokemon was ironically known as Ninetails.
 
“When did your Vulpix evolve!?” Izy spat as Sarah's eyes widened, the woman replying, “She caught a Vulpix?”
 
“Daddy gave me a fire stone to use on her,” Anna said sweetly, “She's so much cuter than before.”
 
Jacob grimaced and spat, “That doesn't help you much! If you've forgotten, I have a water type out right now, so that won't help you!”
 
However, Ninetails disproved his theory as she charged at Floatzel at a rather alarming rate hitting her hard in the face with Quick Attack. Before Floatzel could respond, the weasel took in a fierce blast of fire shaped like the kanji for “Fire”. This was known as Fire Blast and was one of the most powerful fire attacks in existence.
 
Of course, this wasn't fully effective against a water type, but Floatzel still ended up taking in some good damage from it. Nevertheless, she shook off the pain as Jacob shouted, “Way to stay in there! Now use Aqua Jet!”
 
Floatzel rushed towards Ninetails, her body surrounded by water, and rammed her head hard into the fox's chest. Ninetails cringed momentarily, but ignored the pain and rammed her paw, which had surrounded itself with black energy, into Floatzel's face. This attack was known as Payback. Very much like the Revenge used earlier, this attack doubled its damage if used after the Pokemon using it was attacked.
 
Floatzel was unable to stand anymore as Jacob grunted, returning her to her ball, gritting his teeth. But this was far from over. He still had five more Pokemon, and to the best of his knowledge, Ninetails was the last of Anna's team.
 
“SKULL BASH!!!!” Clarissa shouted as Blastoise rammed his head into Sceptile's gut. The lizard passed out while Perona's eyes were wide open with a startled look. She would have never imagined that a water type could defeat a grass type, especially with Sceptile at a very high level of power.
 
Nevertheless, she ignored this setback and sent out her Alakazam. Perhaps he could cause some serious damage.
 
The battle between Mew and Mewtwo was more in Kevin's favor as he was proving that nothing could beat the original. Mewtwo unleashed an attack known as mist, fogging Mew's vision as the cat took in a large strike to the belly known as Psycho Cut. Mew cringed as Varen grimaced.
 
“Return to normal, Mew,” he said as Mew changed back into his smaller form, “Maybe in his original form, he'll be faster.”
 
“Please, you insult me now,” Kevin stated, “I think he was better off in the form of Mewtwo. Oh well, your loss, not mine.”
 
Jacob couldn't believe how powerful Ninetails was. Heracross and Cacturne losing wasn't too hard to believe, but even Manectric and Infernape were unable to stand up to it. The boy sighed, knowing this wasn't the best idea, but what choice did he have?
 
“Lucario, make me proud out there,” he said as Lucario nodded, charging at Ninetails. The fox simply leapt to the side, avoiding the incoming attack from the infant and opened her mouth, Lucario taking in extreme pain from Ember.
 
Jacob couldn't believe this. How could Anna be winning? There was no way he would allow Team Advent to win, even if the agent he was fighting was his own friend.
 
“LUCARIO, DON'T GIVE UP!!!” he shouted as the infant shook off the pain, “I know this is hard. I don't like having to face Anna under these circumstances either, but we have to win at all cost. There are many lives riding on this win.”
 
“No, you just think there are,” Anna replied as Jacob snapped, “TEAM ADVENT'S BOSS HAS LIED TO YOU!!!! DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT HE'S GOING TO USE GIRATINA FOR THE SAKE OF MANKIND!?”
 
When Anna grimaced in response to this, a rare sight indeed, Jacob realized that it was hopeless. The poor young girl truly believed that her father was a good, caring soul. He needed to win at all cost now.
 
Lucario grimaced, cupping his hands together and forming his Aura Sphere. But this was different than usual. This time he wasn't just going to release the sphere. Instead he was making it bigger.
 
“NINETAILS, STOP HIM!!!” Anna shouted as the fox opened her mouth to release another Fire Blast, but it was too late. Lucario released the ball of energy, vastly overpowering the strong might of Ninetails' flames and hit the fox dead-on. And that was that. Ninetails could not continue as she passed out, finally defeated.
 
This was good timing as Lucario was feeling weak after that battle. He took deep breaths as Anna smiled saying, “That was a good effort, but I'm afraid you're still going to lose,” pulling out one last Pokeball, Jacob's eyes wide open.
 
When the girl sent out Tyranitar, Jacob knew that there was no way Lucario could win. But rather than waiting for orders, the infant rushed in and hit the dinosaur with Force Palm.
 
Tyranitar let out a terrifying roar before biting into Lucario's arm, blood dripping out and electricity flowing through him. Tyranitar had just used Thunder Fang. But it didn't end there. He proceeded to use Ice Fang followed by Fire Fang, but as Lucario lay on the ground open for the big finisher, the dinosaur just stood there silent.
 
“Tyranitar, why won't you finish him off?” Anna asked as the dinosaur turned to the girl and gazed into her eyes, Jacob, Izy and Sarah equally confused.
 
When Anna saw the stare in his eyes, she bit her lip letting down tears and said, “So it's true…” before dropping to her hands and knees and breaking out into heavy crying.
 
It took a while, but soon the group realized what had just happened. Tyranitar, unlike the others given by Varen, had kept his memory after being captured. That gaze was to tell Anna all about Varen's evil plan and now Anna knew the horrible truth: Her father was an evil, vile and despicable man.
 
“I'm sorry you had to find this out,” Sarah said, placing a hand on her shoulder as Anna sniffed, “I should be apologizing. I believed him and then I injured your Pokemon!”
 
“It's alright,” Jacob replied, smiling and looking into the girl's eyes, “Now you know the truth, so you can help us.”
 
Anna wiped her tears and gave the boy a hug. Jacob was truly a great friend to forgive her after all of that. What was she thinking joining Varen's side? The man hadn't really given her a reason to trust him. She had only met him for the first time. She felt foolish buying into his words.
 
But even after betraying her friends and going out of her way to stop them, they still forgave her in the end. Anna didn't deserve to be forgiven, so for them to do so was no more than a sign of true friendship.