Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Pokemon: The Next Generation ❯ Setting Off ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Pokemon: The Next Generation
Part 1, Chapter 2
Zack walked downstairs. He had packed his bag last night, so he would waste time that morning trying to pack in a hurry, and probably forget something. He walked into the kitchen. His dad, Ash Ketchum, and your older sister, Alexis, were sitting down at the table eating breakfast.
“Want some food?” his dad said as he was walking towards the door.
“No, I packed enough food to get to the next town, so I'll eat later. Don't want to waste time.” He said. Then he opened the door, and walked out.
The professor, Gary Oak, was to give the trainers their pokemon. Ash and Gary still fought, a bit, but Gary's son and Zack fought too, a lot!
“Man, I hope I don't run into him on the way there. That would be a disaster.”
He got to the steps, and walked up.
“I hope he has a pikachu. That'd be awesome.”
He walked into the building. Usually Gary was outside the door to greet the young trainers, but not now.
“Um, professor. Professor? Hello, anyone home?!”
He didn't here anything. So he walked around until he found the room with the pokemon in it.
“Hm.”
He walked in. There were 4 pokeballs lying out. Three were opened, but one was still closed. A smile lit up on Zack's face when he saw a small, yellow lightning bolt on it.
“A pikachu.” He said quietly to himself.
Making sure no body was around, he made the pokeball bigger and opened it. Surely enough, a small, mouse-like, yellow pokemon came out. It said its name in a nice, sweet voice, “Pikachu!”
“So, I see you found pikachu alright?” a voice said behind him.
Zack spun around to see Gary.
“Umm… I was waiting for you, but I got bored so I walked around and found the pokeballs.”
“That's fine. I was hoping you'd get pikachu. Well, anyway, I'd better give you your pokedex and balls.”
Gary handed him 6 small red and right poke balls and a red pokedex. Sense it's the next generation, there are even more advanced things in the pokemon world. For instance, the pokeballs. The new pokeballs work like this: If there is nothing ever caught, the white part remains white. But, if you catch a pokemon, let's say flareon, sense it's a fire type, the white part will turn red. This way, it's easier to tell which pokemon is in which ball. I know what you're think, what if it's a normal type. Well, then it turns silver. You'll get more on the pokeballs later.
 
So, you put your balls on your belt and your pokedex in your pocket. You walk out, saying bye to Gary, and start walking towards the road. You are on the road, when you see Gary's son, Kai, standing there with his pokemon, suqirtle, beside him.
“So, you got pikachu, huh?”
“Yeah, is that all you wanted to say?”
“Pretty much, just waiting to see if you were going to hurry up and get out of Pallet.”
“Well, I'm out now, so you can go.”
“Nah, I think I'm gonna stay here and eat breakfast.”
“Fine, I'll just be ahead.”
“Won't stay ahead for long.”
“Butthole!” you thought in your head.