Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Prismatic Rainbow ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, I need romance…
Disclaimer: CLAMP and Kodansha own Angelic Layer. Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfic belongs to me under international copyright laws, taking it is plagiarism.
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Chapter 4
 
Feeling reassured, Ash decided to set off on his pokemon journey. As they lived in Pewter, he walked to Brock's gym and in a few minutes had the Boulder Badge.
“Do you only train normal-types?”
“I don't know. I never caught any others.” Ash said truthfully. “It feels right too.”
`Well, humans are technically `normal'.” Lance said. “Maybe your past life is carrying over.”
“I'm suspecting it is happening.” Ash said slowly.
He was getting more courage and power and strength that hadn't been there before…
So what if he had had a past life? It had seemed fine.
Besides, if he _hadn't_, would he have Lance with him right now?
The teen smiled, sunlight sparkling off red hair. “Do you mind if I travel with you as a real person?”
“of course not!”
After all, Lance was more than a doll… much more!
That thought seemed familiar as well.
 
“Lance, um, how can you turn human?”
“Your love did it.” Lance said simply.
Ash blushed. Lance was very blunt, but… he liked it. it was a refreshing change from people who avoided touchy topics.
Still…
“Really?”
“Yes. It was a magic wish.”
“I see…”
“No, its really that simple.” Lance finished. “Come on, Cerulean is the next city, right?”
“Right! But we have to go through Mount Moon first.”
They spent only three hours trekking through, Ash had explored the area in his free time, luckily, and so the path was clear.
Ash couldn't help but stare at Lance though. He didn't sweat, angels didn't do that, but… he seemed to glow in the darkness.
He blushed.
Even children had urges…
 
“What's wrong?”
Lance was empathic, that was obvious. Deus had used their minds to control their angels, so naturally…
It seemed the bond had carried over.
“I-I feel… but it's wrong!”
“You love me?”
“No, not that! I don't mind loving you!” Ash burst out. “It's the other part!”
“Ah… you _want_ me.”
Ash nodded miserably. * But I can't! I'm still a kid! He'll probably be disgusted with me! *
“I will not deny you anything, my Deus.” Lance said truthfully.
“That's the problem! I can't control myself!”
“Yes, you are doing an admirable job.”
Ash scowled. “I feel like my insides are on fire.”
“Really? Are you sure that it is not an illness then?”
“Yes!”
Lance smiled. “Then I can help if you wish.”
“Do whatever you like, I just want it to go away…”
Lance nodded and swiftly tapped two points on Ash's chest. He suddenly felt refreshingly cool.
“Sugoi…”
“Soul of Ice points. It subdues strong emotions.”
“Arigato, Lance!”
“It is my duty, my Dues.”
“No.” Ash said suddenly, as he impulsively gave Lance a kiss on the lips. “I think I've always loved you before I met you.”
“Truly?”
“Truly.”
“Then you haven't forgotten.” Lance said.
“Forgotten the past you mean?”
“Yes, your soul stays the same… your body, experiences may change, but you have always been pure-hearted. I knew it was you when you picked me out in that shop.”
“Aa…”
 
“Everything has worked out before. Even death will not separate us.” Lance whispered.
Ash smiled. “Hai.”
He genuinely believed it. That was what counted, not fancy fripperies or fake poetry or bouquets of flowers.
Truth _was_ love in this case.
It was beautiful.
 
They had dinner - well, Ash had dinner and Lance just kind of hovered, but he liked the company.
It was warm by the firelight.
They slept in the same sleeping bag, after Lance had changed back into doll form. He was still so kawaii!
He had to be careful though.
He wondered what would it be like to be touched… well, not that way. But he held Lance all the time.
Human contact was nice.
Everyone liked that! No wonder Lance liked him…
No, maybe what he said earlier was true.
`You gave me life'.
People created their angels from scratch, right? So it made sense. It was a pity the game wasn't around anymore. Oh well…
He would take good care of Lance. He promised.
 
 
End Chapter
Completed 7/8/04
There is a Scarlet Letter reference here, can you find it?