Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ PSoH: The Pokemon Legend ❯ On the Road ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here goes. I'm about to destroy canon. Slight crossover with Magical Pokemon Adventures bashing…

Disclaimer/Notes: See chapter 1

Ranma - hi! Yep, me likes being original

Link Masters - ok!

Star's dreams - why? Is that just my writing style you've deciphered?

SS2 Megami-sama - well, I've only read 5 of the manga but I like it.

Jarzard - and when are you updating that championshipping one?

Elevenrarehunter - thank you

Timeline: 3 weeks and a Boulder Badge later

Chapter 2: On the Road

Ash, Charlotte, Lance, Charmander, and Squirtle were all eating buttered sweet corn on the cob together in the middle of a field for lunch.

Unlike humans, pokemon could actually see the true forms of the two 'pets'. Not that Ash treated them badly or anything, it was just what they happened to be.

Charlotte yawned as she finished spiking Ash's hair neatly into its… spikes, and Lance finished finger-painting a very good picture of a dragonair on his black t-shirt in white fabric paint.

Charmander and Squirtle were playing go fish one-handed.

Ash took a drink of Gatorade and grinned. "Isn't life great?"

"Definitely. Seeing the world is wonderful." Charlotte said, switching modes.

Lance smiled. "Well, we like traveling with you."

Squirtle put down his last card. I win, Charmander! Hehehehe…

You cheated!

I did not!
Did too!
How can I cheat at go fish? I showed you all my matched pairs…

Charmander frowned. Okay, you win.

Luckily, the argument had been settled without bloodshed.

Charmander and Squirtle were both male, in case anyone was interested in knowing that fact.

Squirtle had done Ash proud at the Pewter City gym. Only a few minutes had been needed to defeat Brock.

Charmander was still waiting for his moment in the sun. Unfortunately, the Cerulean City gym had water pokemon.

Oh well. He promised himself he'd do Ash proud in Celadon or whatever city had a gym he was good at.

They didn't want to evolve yet, though. At least not until later when he was older, Charmander decided. Still, it would be cool to fly.

He popped another ear of corn into his mouth and began stripping off the milky kernels. Yum…

Squirtle also took an ear and they continued to eat.

Soon, a wild Fearow passed by, but Squirtle and Charmander team attacked it with a combination of Flamethrower and Hydro Pump, gaining more EXP in the process. Ash looked at them proudly.

"I love them too."

Of course you do. It's in your nature. Lance told him, stretching out her fins.

"Oh."

Charlotte nodded, pinking up another ear of corn and biting into it. "You aren't lonely?"

"I've never been lonely since I had you to keep me company." Ash said, although he looked into Lance's eyes.

Charlotte hid a knowing smile.

Lance blushed a little at how close he was getting. "A…"

"KAWAII!" A voice yelled.

Ash snapped back, seeing a girl in a very unflattering red and black dress chasing after a deformed Pikachu.

"I did not see that." He muttered.

"You did." Charlotte said. "Do people normally do that?"
"No." Ash stated empathically.

"Ah…"

"Come back here!"

Ash quickly dived into a bush, hoping not to be seen. He had no luck. Hazel ran after him.

"You're so cute! And since Almond isn't here…"

"Who?"

"Almond!" Hazel said. "He's so adorable!"

"Then stop hitting on me." Ash said quite calmly as he and his little group began walking away.

"B-but… I need a trainer to cheer for." Hazel said, eyes filling up with tears.

"Find someone else." Ash said.

Lance hissed. Rearing up, she pounced, teeth going for Hazel's throat. Hazel didn't know what hit her when she wound up in the hospital unconscious three weeks later.

"Lance…" Ash said, giving her a hug. "Don't worry. I love you."

"Really?"

"Really, really." Ash said, enjoying the feel of her slick scales against his fingers. "I won't leave you."

"You better not." Lance said, with a pout.

Charlotte trilled from a nearby tree. "Trainer alert!"

Ash got ready to attack, as he continued to stroke her.

Soon, a kid in pink jeans and a pink t-shirt called out a challenge.

"Sure." Ash said, not moving.

'Rattata, go!"

"Squirtle, use Bite." Ash called. Squirtle nicely finished the Rattata off and the two that followed. Then, a Pidgeotto was called into play.

Squirtle ducked into his shell as Pidgeotto used Whirlwind.

"Pidgeotto, Wing Attack!"

Well… wing attack did hit, but not a scratch marred Squirtle's shell.

All of a sudden, Squirtle's head shot out like a striking snake and clamped onto Pidgeotto's neck.

"EEK!"

Pidgeotto cawed, trying to get it off. But Squirtle kept a firm grip until Pidgeotto fainted from oxygen loss, before letting go.

Satisfied, Ash waited for the trainer to send out his next pokemon.

End Chapter