Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ PSoH: The Pokemon Legend ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon. It belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This is non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfic, written by me so I own it.
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics for pokemon chattering.
 
Aragorn the ranger - charlotte's a phoenix and Lance is a dragon…
SS2 Megami-sama - you're right, I mentioned it in my trainer's notes.
Star's dreams - thanks! I've read five of the Pet shop of Horrors manga and some fanfics, but I don't know it perfectly. Still, it's only a plot device luckily.
 
Chapter 3: Trainer Battle
 
“Go! Kadabra!”
“Now that's better.” Ash said. Squirtle returned to give Charmander a turn, and so Charmander went forwards with Slash immediately.
Kadabra teleported and used Psybeam, but was hit by a Swift attack.
“Charmander, Swift again.” Ash said.
Charlotte relayed the information, and charmander nodded, dodging every psychic beam flying at it. At the same time, several swift attacks hit Kadabra until finally, Kadabra fainted.
After all, only its high level had kept it going. Since psy-types usually had no defense…
It worked.
 
“Oh no! I'm out of pokemon!” The trainer moaned.
Charlotte scoffed from the tree she was in.
Lance yawned from her position in Ash's lap.
“Well?” Ash asked.
“I-I don't have any money…”
At this, Ash sweatdropped. “So why did you challenge me?”
“You looked weak! I wanted to win!”
“Bit late now.”
“Here.” The trainer said, thrusting a package into Ash's hands. “You can have that instead.”
With that, he ran off, presumably to a pokemon center.
 
Ash shrugged and opened the package.
“A pokemon? But why didn't he use it then?”
No idea!
Maybe it's an empty ball! Squirtle suggested.
Maybe… Charmander said, smelling it.
 
Lance cracked open an eye and looked. “Why don't you open it and see?”
“Good idea.”
Ash tossed the ball forewords cautiously, not sure what would emerge.
“Delibird!” The new pokemon called.
Ash paled. * Delibird? But… *
The male present pokemon cocked his head and looked at Ash. Who are you?
“Interesting.” Lance said.
Ash pulled out his pokédex.
 
“Delibird.” The pokédex beeped. “It nests at the top of sharp cliffs. It spends all day carrying food to its awaiting chicks.”
Ash nodded. “Oh… not a battler.”
Delibird peered at Ash again. Are you my trainer?
“Uh… I suppose I am now.”
 
Okay then! I will help find food for my new chicks! Delibird declared happily, jumping around.
Ash sweatdropped. * At least its good for something… this pokemon only learns Present. *
However, he didn't want to immediately hate it either, so he decided to see how things turned out.
Charlotte had finally vacated the tree. She was now flying around with a couple of wild Pidgeys.
They were complimenting her flight style.
Lance was still curled up next to him. Ash kissed her on the forehead, and fed her some more grapes, one by one.
I love them all, he thought. * They depend on me. And they've been with me for so long. They're my friends. *
Lance accepted each grape, chewing slowly. Ash petted her pretty hair.
“And I love you.”
 
Lance keened happily. “I love you too.”
Even if it wasn't romantic love yet, she was still glad he loved her as a friend and almost sibling.
It would develop in time. She was patient.
Lance took another grape, before falling asleep in his arms.
Ash continued to run his fingers through her hair as he waited.
 
After a while, Squirtle, Charmander, Delibird, and Ash made it to the pokemon center, where he healed them all.
Cerulean City was… interesting. But why was the gym decorated like a circus? Shrugging, Ash put it out of his mind. He would challenge the leader tomorrow.
Or, once he thought of a plan.
 
“I could just use Delibird's Present.”
Delibird beamed. I feel so useful.
That's cool! Charmander said. Squirtle was eating an apple and did not add to the conversation.
Yes, and you won't get hurt. Squirtle said, after swallowing.
Let's do it!
 
Sure enough, the next day, Ash set out for Cerulean Gym.
“Hi.” A voice said.
Turning, Ash saw a girl with blonde hair. “Are you here for a gym battle?”
“Why yes.” Ash said, “Are you the leader?”
Daisy nodded. “Let's do it!”
Shrugging, Ash followed her to the arena. They stood on opposite platforms.
“This will be a one on one match for the Cascade Badge. Go, Goldeen!”
Goldeen dived into the water.
 
Lance peered over Ash's shoulder. “A fish?”
“Why not? It's a water gym.” Ash said. “But let's see how Delibird does.” Delibird hopped out of Ash's backpack and began dropping bombs into the water.
Needless to say, even though it was slightly unorthodox, Ash won. Goldeen escaped the water and was nailed in the head with another Present, thus fainting.
Besides, the water was now superheated.
“Oh no!” Daisy said, bursting into tears. “But here's the badge.” She shoved a badge into Ash's hand, before running out in noisy blubbers.
Ash blinked, but took the badge, and continued on his way.
 
End Chapter!
Completed 2/27/04
(Not 5/6/04 then)