Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ PSoH: The Pokemon Legend ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi!
*Phantomness walks in*
*Lance sneaks up behind her with a dart gun*
*Kairo giggles while eating a lollipop*
*Emerald flies over to warn Phantomness of danger*
*Shoyko sleeps*
 
Disclaimer: I don't' own pokemon. It belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan comics. This is fanwork, I am making no profit. Also, the story I have written and new characters/items/pokemon/events belong to me.
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks.
 
Chapter 4: Zap zap
 
The day after, Ash, Charmander, Squirtle, Delibird, Lance, and Charlotte set out for Vermillion. It was the next badge, of course.
I know Dig. Charmander said proudly.
“I know you do. So you can fight Surge.”
Ash was evening out his pokemon battles. After all, Squirtle and Delibird had each vaunted a gym match. So it was fair.
Charmander nodded.
He liked Ash as a master. He tried to be fair, and that was very important. Plus, he was kind.
So they were all happy.
 
“HALT!”
Squirtle rolled his eyes. Another challenger?
Yes. Delibird said, landing on Ash's head.
Charlotte and Lance looked up from their carriers. They had gone back into their miniature cages to rest.
Vanessa grinned. “I challenge you!”
“Here we go again…” Ash said. * At least I get money… *
“GO! Teddiursa!”
“That's different.” Ash mused. “Okay, Charmander. Flamethrower.”
Bear up in flames…
 
Vanessa humphed as she tossed Ash fifty dollars and then left.
Ash tucked the money into his money belt and then walked on. Six more trainers later, Ash was starting to wish he were in Vermillion.
At least that was safe.
Hmm… Delibird said, as they all ate a meal of bread and berries. Maybe I can find it?
Could you look ahead? It would help. Squirtle said.
Delibird saluted and flew off.
 
While they waited, Ash and Lance played gin rummy.
“I win.” Lance said, laying down three aces and using the four of clubs to bomb Ash. “Unless you have enough positive points.”
“Don't think so.” Ash said, calculating. “No… I have fifteen negative points.”
“Well, it was a good game.”
“Yep!”
Ash gave Lance a hug, before she returned to her terrarium.
He wondered how she fit. It must be magic.
Well, good things shouldn't be pried into. So he walked on. Soon, Delibird returned.
The way is all clear!
“Really? Great! Let's make a run for it.”
And so, after two miles, they were in Vermillion City.
 
Maricela peered out of her binoculars.
“What a hunk…” She said dreamily.
< He looks half your age. > Her Jynx reprimanded.
“So?”
< Isn't that cradle-robbing? >
“But he's so hot…”
Jynx sweatdropped. * I cannot believe my owner… *
Skipping off, Maricela ran after him.
 
Ash was just finishing his soda when something landed on him, splashing ice-cold Sprite all over his shirt.
“Gah!”
“Hello, you hot guy!” A voice yelled, as he found himself pinned under the weight of a woman.
`HELP!” Ash shrieked.
Squirtle, Charmander, and Delibird all rushed to his aid, but they could not move her. Ash continued to shout as she was crushing him.
“GET OFF!”
 
“Let me kiss you!” Maricela squealed.
< Master, you're choking him. > Jynx muttered.
“No I'm not!”
Ash began to turn various shades of purple as the oxygen was squeezed out of his lungs.
It was very interesting.
That was when her head was torn off.
Lance hissed, hands suddenly grown with steel claws, still stained with red. “Mine.” She glared, as she curled around Ash protectively.
Jynx stared in genuine shock at the girl. < You are… >
 
“Yes…” Lance said, with a feral smile. “A dragon.”
Ash managed to crawl out from under the remains, frowning at the blood on his clothes. “I should have expected this.”
“That's why you have me.” Charlotte said, whipping a clean set out of his backpack.
Nodding, Ash grabbed them and headed for the nearest restroom.
Jynx stared in shock.
This human had just seen death and was unaffected?!
“Conditioning.” Lance said. “He's seen it so many times before it doesn't surprise him anymore.”
With that, she waited for Ash to return.
Delibird looked slightly shocked, but being a pokémon, had seen much worse, and was therefore not much affected.
 
End Chapter
Completed 2/27/04