Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Thunderbolt ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Chapter 6
 
Outwardly, the kiss didn't even faze him, but inwardly, Red was struggling. Years and years of pent up hormones suddenly rushed to the front of his mind, demanding, clamoring that he take advantage of this gift he had been given. His pokemon were also happy for him, saying how nice it would be if he found a mate to cheer him up…
He sighed as he ordered his Noctowl to down another Oddish and shook his head. Something was wrong, something very wrong with this picture. Was he homophobic?
But the kiss had felt nice…
 
Venusaur and Poliwrath were snuggled up together, and he chose not to comment. It was an odd couple, true, but if they truly loved each other, he would not deny them that…
He looked across the field where Wataru was training his Charmander. His injuries had recovered within a few days and they had set off for traveling then, Wataru adamant that Red not move until he was healed. It was odd, to be treated like that. Like he was cared. Loved. Valuable…
Did Wataru love him?
He didn't even know the older boy all that well! However… Red sighed. It was … kind of nice. To know someone cared…
Though did that mean that if anyone were nice to him, he'd fall in love? That was scary.
 
“Red.”
“Wataru?” Red blinked groggily at his friend. He must have fallen asleep again. “What's wrong?”
“You're not feeling well. Drink this.”
Whatever Wataru gave him was herbal in taste, but sweet, vaguely something like chrysanthemum tea. He swallowed without question - he had never been unduly suspicious, and felt his mind clear. “Thank you.”
“You're welcome.”
Wataru's eyes were such a pretty gold, glistening like sunshine… Red shook himself and tried to suppress another blush.
He really, really needed to learn how to deal with this. But who was he to ask about his…strange feelings? His parents were out of the picture. Professor Oak? Eek!
Well, he would have to deal with this mess alone then. He had stumbled into it; surely he could stumble back out?
 
It wasn't as though there was anything improper. Wataru had never kissed him again, been quiet and polite and awfully nice, but that was all…
Still, he found that something seemed to be missing from the equation. Red shrugged. Mathematics was never his forte.
He watched as Poliwrath froze a Vileplume solid with Ice Beam. Nah, it was nothing! He was being too paranoid.
 
Lance watched his three unevolved pokemon run around. They were decoys of course, but powerful. All of his darlings were, and he could channel…
Fuel pain to make power, steal life to save another… ah yes, Viridian promised her children power, and she liked him. He knew that much.
He felt her sing in his blood. She wanted them to die for hurting her.
He would oblige his mother, soon, but first things first. Mother would understand. She was always with him, and she laughed when she felt anger surge in his heart against those who had dared hurt her.
Lance smiled, silver on steel as he slipped his sunglasses on. They were heading back to Viridian for a conference, well, Red was, and he had no wish to put the contacts back in, so he hid his eyes instead. Whatever worked, right?
 
“Wataru?”
“Yes?”
“I… I need to go to Viridian for a three-day conference…”
“I know.”
“Oh, good.” Red gave an audible sigh of relief. “You'll come with me, right?”
“Of course.”
 
Lance looked away as Red turned back to his pokemon. He was pressuring him in subtle ways, underhanded sneakiness, but if he won his prize, who cared?
Besides, Red was quite beautiful…
Lance healed his pokemon and than watched Red train his. Foolish child, if only you knew who I really was… oh, he was patient, he could bide his time for a few more years, but now was the time to strike, and Red was so open and vulnerable, foolish almost…
He materialized silently behind the other teen, almost wishing he still had his cloak for dramatic effect, but laughing, as he wrapped his arms around Red's shoulders. “We should set up camp, Red… the sun is going down.”
 
So it was, Red noticed. Funny, he hadn't been paying much attention to time recently. That was probably another sign of his disorientation. His pokemon chided him about it, but never complained, even when he would phase out in the middle of a battle, because they knew enough to survive on their own and survive well, defeat all the opponents and return to his side like obedient pets…
Pokemon were not pets! They were his loyal friends and partners! What was wrong with him?
Did it have to do with the way that he felt as if he were missing time, that he was stumbling lost and confused through sunshine too bright to open his eyes to, that…!
 
Darkness glittered on the edge of his vision and Red almost sobbed in relief as he ran to it, enveloped himself in it even as Wataru opened his arms to receive him. Behind his dark glasses, Lance's eyes burned hot with lust.
“What is it, Red?” His voice was soft and perfectly modulated, but Red felt it skitter through his mind with lightning sharp and hot. He swallowed.
“I…I want you to…”
He brushed gloved fingertips over Red's lips and Red shivered at the touch. “Wataru…”
“Do you know what you are asking?” He quietly hinted.
Red nodded, although he didn't seem particularly coherent at the point. “Please...” He was shaking badly, and almost wished he had some of that tea that Wataru made all the time since he was feeling so sick…
The first contact was electrifying, though he felt strangely relaxed at the same time. He didn't protest, not even when he was carefully pushed to the ground and he opened up wet and willing, sobbing in agonized relief as they finally touched… tears streaking down his cheeks even as Wataru kissed him and stole his breath away…
 
When he finally came down from cloud nine, he felt much more awake and actually, the guilt he should have felt was a muted echo. Who would know?
They would keep their affair a secret…
 
“Do you love me?”
Lance cocked a head at Red and smirked. “Yes, as much as I can love anyone.” It was true. He didn't really do love at least not for humans, but he made a few exceptions. Clair. Lorelei. Agatha… and now, Red…
Of course, this was different from the familial love, but even so…
Red colored to the roots of his hair, obviously misinterpreting the sentence. Lance hid another smirk. It was only because he despised most other humans that he cared for Red. Such a dichotomy…
 
“I…I think I love you too.” Red whispered, not trusting his voice, even as Wataru released him, golden eyes meeting his own, bloody crimson…
“Good,” he whispered. Red suddenly coughed and the tension was broken.
“Can I have some more tea?”
“Here.”
Dark, herbal liquid trailed down his throat and he swallowed, feeling warmth fill him. It was nice.
 
He watched Red sleep in his arms as he felt Mother wake. She would be calling him to duty so very soon. This trip to Viridian was foreordained, but what of it?
He danced the strings of fate thrice as often as he wove them.
 
I won't fail…
 
End Chapter
Completed 12/8/05
Lance is a manipulative bastard. But he really does like Red.