Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Touya and Her Tales ❯ Incoming! Touya Arrives! ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Ash and his friends had just arrived in the Pokémon Center of Castelia City when they heard a huge commotion going on outside. Iris rushed to one of the wall length windows before running back to Cilan and Ash.
“Some girl is battling Trip outside!”
Without a word, Ash got up and ran to watch the battle.

“Sawsbuck, use head-butt!” the girl shouted and a buck-like Pokémon charged at Trip’s Servine, knocking it to the ground. “Now, use leech antler before it can get up!” the Pokémon did just what it’s country-accent trainer told it to.
Servine didn’t even have a chance to move before it was drained of the last power it had and fainted. Everyone cheered when the winner of the battle as declared. She was waving and acknowledging everyone until she saw Cilan.
“Oh, my gosh!” she shouted in her western voice. “You’re Cilan from the Striation City gym! I battled Cress but I saw you there as well and I’m a huge fan! Green is my favorite color, you know? Oh, by the way, my name’s Touya and I’m from Nuvema town,” Touya just kept on talking.
Cilan rubbed the back of his head. “Well, it’s nice to hear I have a fan!”
Touya’s Pokémon rubbed it’s antlers against her side in affection and she looked down with a smile. “This is Sawsbuck. He changes coats with the season so that’s why his antlers are wrapped with flowers and his fur is nice and shiny! Isn’t that cool?”
Ash reached into his back pocket and pulled out his Pokedex. He then held it up to the new Pokémon in interest.
Sawsbuck: The season Pokémon. The evolved form of Deerling. When hit by a grass-type attack, Sawsbuck uses its sap sipper and the attack does no damage. When sunny, this Pokémon’s speed doubles from when it is only under clear skies.
“Wow…that’s a pretty powerful Pokémon…” Ash muttered in awe.
Touya giggled at Ash. “Sawsbuck and I have been together since he was only a little Deerling. I got him from my papa who had found an abandoned egg by the rail that cuts off my neighborhood from the ocean. He said it was about to fall in and, if it did, it would have been crushed by the sharp rocks made from the Crustle who live on the shore,” she explained while patting Sawsbuck’s head.
Iris walked over to Sawsbuck with a smile. “I’m Iris and this is Axew,” she introduced.
Sawsbuck began to run his hooves against the dirt ground and growled in defense.
Iris backed up in fright of being charged at but Touya just giggled again and started rub Sawsbuck’s back. “Calm down, Sawsbuck! These fellows aren’t going to hurt you. They just want to be friends,” she said to her Pokémon and Sawsbuck cooed in content. Touya turned back to Iris. “Sorry about that. Sawsbuck doesn’t really like strangers or Pokémon he’s never seen before so Axew must be a new sight for him,” she gracefully folded her hands behind her head.
“Its fine and I completely understand,” Iris giggled along with Touya while the boys looked extremely bored.
Touya perked up and looked at Ash. “I noticed you used your Pokedex when you saw Sawsbuck. Does that mean that you’ve never seen a Deerling either?” she asked in shock.
Cilan began rubbing Ash’s head like a child. “He’s from the Kanto region so this is like a whole new world to him. There are tons of Pokémon here that Ash hasn’t seen yet including a Deerling,” he explained.
Ash slapped Cilan’s hand away. “So what is a Deerling?” he asked and Touya smiled.
“I’ll show you!” Touya reached into her backpack and pulled out a Poke ball. She then threw it up into the air and a small, Deer-like Pokémon landed gracefully on its feet. “Deerling also changes with the season but this little one just hatched so it hasn’t changed into spring form yet. Whenever a Deerling first hatches, it’s in autumn form because the fur hasn’t gotten used to the weather. It shouldn’t be long before this Deerling changes, though.”
Ash once again pulled out his Pokedex and recorded the data on Deerling.
Deerling: The season Pokémon. Its serene grace ability allows the chance for a successful move to double. Grass-type moves have no effect on Deerling.
“It’s almost exactly what it said for Sawsbuck,” Ash muttered as he read more about Deerling.
Touya looked over the top of Ash’s Pokedex and Ash flinched away while Touya giggled. “I guess it does, huh? After all, they are the pre-evolved and evolved form of each other so they should be alike, right?”
Cilan and Iris shrugged while looking at each other. “I guess…” Iris said with her normal attitude.
Cilan suddenly perked up and looked curiously at Touya. “You look pretty young and I havent heard any news from my brothers about a new badge carrier…how do you know so much about Deerling and Sawsbuck if your still so young?” he questioned.
“Oh that’s easy. I’m a breeder, of course!”