Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Touya and Her Tales ❯ A Breeder's Story ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The four Pokémon users were gathered around a table inside the Pokémon center waiting for their food to come out. They were all talking about nonsense things like what they had ordered to eat and what kind of colors the Pokedex comes in. But Cilan didn’t join their unusual conversations. He just sat there with a mug of coffee in his hand and stared out the window beside him.
A breeder…she said she was a breeder…He thought to himself. Even though he wouldn’t admit it to himself, Cilan secretly began to like this girl named Touya even though he had just met her…hadn’t he?
Cilan suddenly snapped out of his trance and decided to speak while interrupting some kind of talk about the different smells of Pinwheel forest. “So, Touya, you breed Deerling?” he mentioned.
Touya nodded and took a sip of her coffee. “I come from a long line of Pokémon breeders. Every generation even has to pick what Pokémon their going to breed when they’re only ten years old. I guess you could compare it to getting your starter Pokémon as a trainer, huh?” Touya clutched her mug with both hands and laughed a fake, nervous laugh.
“Don’t you ever have a choice? What if someone wanted to be a trainer instead of a breeder?” Ash questioned with curiosity.
Touya shook her head with a frown and looked down at her drink. “We don’t have a choice. It’s my family’s pride and joy and also tradition to breed Pokémon. If we go against ‘The Words of Orion’ then we are shunned from the family and never allowed to see our parents or any other blood relatives without special permission,” she explained. “My brother wanted to participate in the Pokémon Olympics. When he told papa about that, he was taken straight to Eva who is the elder of my family. My brother wanted to breed and play with Pokémon but, even though he was only six years old, he was taken away and dumped on the doorstep of someone’s house in Accumula Town.”
Iris gasped and Axew and Pikachu stopped eating so they could listen to more of the story. “That’s awful, Touya! What happened to him or do you even know?”
Touya looked up with a weak smile. “I followed him. I kicked myself out of the family just so I could be with my brother. I was only ten and had just gotten Sawsbuck who, back then, was just a Deerling…but we pulled through. I was even the one to catch and give him his first Pokémon,” Touya leaned her head back with a sigh a closed her eyes. “He’s probably trainer with his Pokémon right now for another game that might be coming up. But at the same time, I’m sure he is being the best Pokémon breeder he can.”
Cilan put a fist under his chin. “Touya,” when he mentioned her name she perked up. “What is the thing you called ‘The Words of Orion’?”
Touya took another sip of her drink before picking up her Deerling off the floor and setting her in between her and Iris so she could eat as well. “’The Words of Orion’ is an ancient scroll that was found and sealed many years ago by the family elder. The priestesses who work at the shrines by the shore of Nuvema town keep the scroll hidden deep inside their building. It’s very precious to my family for it holds the secrets of Virizion, Cobalion, and Terrakion. If any of those secrets were to get out and be taken advantage of, the whole Unova region could be endangered by Team Plasma or even someone worse,” Touya explained as she set out a bowl of Deerling’s favorite Pokémon food.
Ash spoke up. “Are those Pokémon you just mentioned?” he asked, a little confused by the recently listed names.
Touya nodded. “They are all considered legendary Pokémon that wander the Unova region. Virizion is a grass type but also has the skill of a fighting type and has the ability to where, when you use dark-type attacks against it, its attack stats will raise dramatically. Cobalion is steel and fighting but looks as though it could be a water type. The same thing goes with the attack stats and hitting it with a dark-type move only when Cobalion’s attack raises, it’s hidden move, Sacred Sword, become even more powerful than before.”
Ash listened intently as well as the others.
“Terrakion is the last of the fighting legendary Pokémon but he also has rock type moves. It also has the justified ability so dark moves raise its attack. All three of these Pokémon have the hidden move called Sacred Sword which is already powerful enough on its own but is even more powerful when the attack stats are raised by even one level. All-in-all, these Pokémon are pretty cool, huh?” Touya explained.
Cilan and Iris looked shocked. “You really know a lot about Pokémon, don’t you?” Iris asked.
Touya rubbed the back of her head and laughed. “Well I am a self-trainer breeder so I have to somewhere, don’t you think?”