Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Touya and Her Tales ❯ Grandmother and The Daycare! ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Ash, Iris, and Cilan had decided to take Touya on their journey with them after a somewhat long discussion. In the end, Touya ended up traveling with them.
Almost to the gate of the city, Touya stopped and put a finger up. “I have to tell my grandma that I’m leaving.”
“Why didn’t you do so earlier when we weren’t so close to leaving?” Ash asked, obviously irritated. T
Touya sighed and the four began walking again. “Don’t worry. Grandma and I run a daycare just up the road so it technically isn’t part of the city.”
“Why doesn’t your grandma just move the daycare into a bigger a building? You guys can help more Pokémon that way,” Cilan suggested.
Touya shrugged. “It would be nice to be closer to the city but when the daycare is all the way out here, more trainers come by to drop off Pokémon. So, basically, the farther away we are from the city, the more Pokémon we receive. The more Pokémon we are declared to take care off, the more eggs that appear. The more eggs that appear the better chance of me getting a new Deerling!” Touya began to run up ahead right as she saw the tiny daycare building. There was an old woman out front that had faded brown hair the color of Touya’s and those bright blue eyes that could be seen from any distance. She had her hair down to her waist and let down in large ripples of waved. She leaned over as she watered some flowers in the garden but stopped to turn when she heard the booming footsteps of her granddaughter.
“Touya, you’re finally back,” She said happily.
Touya nodded. “The Deerling that hatched has already changed coats into the normal season. It really shocked me how fast it changed.”
Touya’s grandmother chuckled. She then saw the three other travelers trying to catch up to the energetic Touya. “Who are your new friends?” she asked kindly and turned to water the flowers in the window boxes.
“This is Iris, Ash, and Dent from the Striation City gym. He’s traveling with the others and I’m going to be going with them, grandma! Isn’t that exciting? I get to go on a real adventure!” Touya introduced the three and then started beaming to the elder.
Cilan suddenly spoke up. “Wait, Touya, I thought you said you weren’t allowed to see family members?” he asked.
Touya and her grandmother both turned to look at the green-haired boy. “Well, you see, grandma was one of the ones who stood up for my brother the day we were kicked out. So we decided to run a daycare together. Isn’t that awesome?”
Cilan rubbed the back of his head with a weak smile. “Really, it is…” he muttered.
“So, these are your new friends? I was hoping some would come along?” Touya’s grandmother mentioned.
Touya blushed. “Grandma, it’s not like I’ve never had friends before. Like Cheren and Bianca…they’re my friends. I just don’t see them very often,” she pouted and her grandmother gave a startling loud chuckle.
“Would you like to see something?”

“Wow!” Ash explained as he saw the same, fenced field with all the Pokémon playing around. “There are so many!”
Touya nodded. “All of these Pokémon either belong to us or other trainers. I even have another Sawsbuck that I usually let stay here to keep Grandma company when I’m always gone.”
The three other travelers looked shocked. “You have another Sawsbuck?” Cilan asked.
Touya smiled. “I actually have five but I only carry two with me. The other three stay here with grandma or breeder in the breeding room behind the counter.”
Iris looked curious. “How many Deerling have you raised?” she asked.
Touya laughed. “About ten, I think. It’s kind of hard to keep track now that I’m really getting into it. I’ll even sell eggs every so often in the city to new trainers. Deerling are great as started Pokémon,” she explained.
“Are there other kinds of Pokémon here as well? If so, I would love to see them and fill the Pokedex with more pages!” Ash shouted out suddenly and Touya giggled.
She motioned for the three to follow her to one of the three doors behind the counter. “Outside this door is the courtyard. The courtyard is where we keep the Pokémon during the day time. Go and take a look around.”
“But be careful,” Touya’s grandmother warned. “Some of these Pokémon are very dedicated to their trainers and will attack at any given moment. Now let me say that I don’t want to hear any ruckus going on out there so, Touya, keep a keen eye on those friends of yours.”
Touya nodded with a slight giggle. “I will, grandma, so don’t worry!”