Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Touya and Her Tales ❯ Shiny Tags Along! ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Ash looked around the fenced field with his Pokedex in his hand as he scanned and recorded every unseen Pokémon to his eyes. Cilan had set up a table in the corner for him to cook food for the Pokémon that seemed to always crowd around him. Iris and Axew were having a perfectly fine time as she and Touya played with a few Minccino and Pidove.
Iris suddenly looked up when she saw something move inside the dark, plastic, play cavern the daycare had set up against the wall next to the door. She stood up slowly and started to carefully walk towards the movement.
Touya noticed her new friend was walking away and also stood up while leaving Axew to play with the other Pokémon. “Iris, where are you going?” she asked curiously.
“I thought I saw something move in this cave over here but it shimmered…” Iris explained and crouched down in front of the playground toy.
Suddenly, something flew out and smacked her right on face, making her fall onto her back.
Iris sat back up, dusted off, and turned around to see what had just knocked her over. She opened her mouth to speak but stopped when she realized it was a Snivy. But it this wasn’t an ordinary Snivy. It had fierce red eyes and, instead of having a green coat, its tail and back were a shiny blue color that glimmered in the sunlight.
Touya walked up to the Snivy with her hand on her hips and a smile on her lips. “This is a type of Snivy that is classified as a ‘Shiny’ Snivy. ‘Shiny’ Pokémon are pretty hard to come by in any region, really.”
Iris slowly approached the Snivy with caution in case it was aggressive. The Snivy growled and hide behind Touya’s leg.
Touya giggled and bent down to the shiny Pokémon’s level. “It’s okay, Snivy. Iris won’t hurt you. She just wanted to say ‘hi’,” Touya explained and Snivy looked over at Iris.
Snivy began to walk towards Iris, step by step, only to quickly hide behind Touya again.
“She can be a little timid at times but she really is sweet,” Touya explained to Iris. “She doesn’t have a home, though. Snivy just kind of walked up to the daycare one day and never left. She basically lives in the cavern and doesn’t allow anyone else to enter it.”
“The only one that that Snivy will warm up to is Touya,” Touya’s grandmother spoke and the two girls turned around. “She won’t go near anyone. I guess she missed you when you were gone, Touya.”
Touya bent down to Snivy’s level. “Is that true, Snivy?” she asked the little Pokémon and Snivy nodded with a small whimper.
Iris approached Touya and got down to Snivy’s level as well. “My guess is that, when you went away to travel on your own, that Snivy felt lonely.”
“Touya,” the elder of the daycare came up to the two girls and gave her granddaughter a Poke ball. “This is Snivy’s Poke ball. She has no trainer, as you said, and loves you very much. Take her with you on your travels.”
Touya and Iris stood up while Snivy hopped up on Touya’s shoulders. “I already have six Pokémon, though. A few eggs just hatched and I don’t have any more room.”
Touya’s grandmother put her hand out. “Let me watch over the newly hatched Deerling. Snivy needs you more than anyone right now and she will never change unless she goes with you.”
Touya nodded just as Ash and Pikachu walked up. “What’s going on?” the raven-haired boy asked in curiosity.
Snivy hissed and unzipped Touya’s backpack so it could hide. She stuck her head out of the backpack and hissed at Ash again.
The girls and the elder all laughed while Ash looked at the blue version of Snivy in awe.
Touya gratefully took Snivy’s poke ball before gathering everyone up and headed out the door of the daycare and on to the next chapter.