Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Tsunami ❯ The End ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Chapter 4
 
Why her? Misty wanted to scream, to lash out at them, to kick the monsters away, but they were just like pokemon except different, and her own pokemon were faring badly. She almost wished that the other two would just come and let things end….
A brilliant beam of yellow light smashed into one of the monsters. Hyper Beam, she thought dazedly. Hyper Beam….
Lance smirked as she nodded. Her Kairyuu floated behind her placidly, only the murderous glint in its golden eyes giving any hint of danger.
Red muttered the words for the Wand under her breath and wondered when these bloody attacks would end.
Perhaps they never would.
 
“Ah… thanks for saving me again.” Misty said, taking in the bedraggled state of her rescuers. They looked as if they were soaking wet and miserable. “Would you like some tea?”
They glanced at each other, before the shorter girl spoke. “Sure.” Her voice was rougher than Misty had expected. With a shrug, she took them in, and made jasmine tea, and dug out some cookies that she hadn't opened yet.
They sat around for a few minutes, drinking tea and nibbling on cookies, before finally, the girl in blue spoke.
 
“We're sorry about this.”
Misty blinked. “Whatever for?”
“We have a reason to believe that these strange pokemon are stalking you.” The one in red chirped.
“… I gathered as much.” Misty sighed. Two attacks right after each other was a bit too coincidental.
“If it would not… that is, would you mind… drawing the fire away?” The one in blue asks.
Misty frowns. She does not even have to think. “Of course.” She says.
Eyes exchange looks, gold clashing with a red so deep it is closer to black. “All right.” And then the one in red extends a gloved hand. Red gloves that go up to her elbows Misty notes.
And they vanished.
 
Teleport is always quick, though things can…happen to make things worse.
“You don't like me.” Misty said, looking around. They were sitting somewhere - she wasn't sure where, but the room was dark. The only light came from a coffin - how morbid - of clear red glass. A girl with black hair was sleeping in it - or at least Misty hoped she was sleeping - and flames were blooming around it.
“No, I don't like you.” The girl with long red hair in a ponytail said, her golden eyes cold behind her mask.
“Why?”
“I cannot tell you.”
“Is it because I am ugly?”
She laughed. “If only it were that simple. You cannot remember the reason, and so you unleash, and we cannot stop you, and so we die.”
“I…” Misty wants to deny it, but the darkness inside her chest wells up again and she feels the claws and they hurt more than usual, and she knows that the other girl is not lying. “I… hurt you.”
“You killed me. Several times.” The other girl sighs. She's being so patient it makes Misty want to scream. She isn't an idiot but she hates it when things like this happen! She just wanted a normal life.
“You're not the only one.” The other girl says, and Misty starts. Is she a mind reader?
“You said it out loud.” She says, and Misty feels her heartbeat going back to normal. Because even if there are magical weapons, she reasons, they're probably just energy technology that's sophisticated and not on the market yet. And pokemon are magical, aren't they?
“But I won't kill you, because it wouldn't solve anything. I suppose I finally got over being jealous.”
Her jaw drops, and she blinks. “Jealous?”
Why would she be jealous?
 
She laughs. “I'm… Catelyn.”
“Catelyn.” That sounds vaguely familiar and yet not, and as she shakes the girl's hand, the letters rearrange themselves into… “Lance?”
Lance laughs. “So you figured it out.”
“I…I remember.” She looks at the girl in the coffin, and remembers tearing her apart, and she shudders. “Oh my god…”
She's been a bitch, lives ago, and she's stolen another girl's boyfriend, but that pales in comparison to the destruction she's wreaked. “No wonder you hate me!”
“Not as much now. MissingNo, after all, is a threat, and you… are less of one.”
“I deserve worse.”
“It's a pity that he's so deep in your soul, but his hold is weakening…”
“Then can you help me?”
“Yes.”
 
That's when Red - no, Ash, her memory whispers, pops in, and it's a shock that he's now a girl, but stranger things have happened…
And she understands why she is here.
 
“Do you want me to bring her back?”
They exchange glances and almost - almost laugh, but they shake their heads, because that is not what really matters…
“No.”
“Do you want me to die?”
It's Red who answers this time, and her voice sounds strange, like a thousand voices, but she says `No' clearly and Lance just smiles.
She thinks she understands now.
Red - no, Ash is always ready to forgive. Always ready to forget… but Lance…
Lance is haunted by memory so deep that it's cut chains into her heart. Misty feels pity for her.
Just knowing what she did was shocking.
Having to live, life after life, watching the person she loves fall, and fail, and falter… could drive one to madness. And knowing that there was nothing that could be done, because…
It would kill him. Her. Him…
 
“How did you survive?” Misty asked, staring at Lance in horror.
“I didn't.” Lance tapped her forehead. “I've gone mad more times than I can count. I've taken more illegal substances than anyone on this planet now, I daresay. I've tried to kill myself in many interesting ways.”
“But you can't die.”
“Not really permanently, no. Except via MissingNo.”
“I won't kill you.” Misty says, and Lance nods.
“I know.”
Red coughs, and tosses Lance something. Misty vaguely recognizes it. It's some magic that hasn't been cast on her yet, she thinks. And then something else is flickering into view a Seal?
“She will lend us her energy though she sleeps.” Lance said reassuringly, and Red grins.
“I know. Who made the Seal, remember?”
“Will this hurt?” Misty asks, and the claws grow more frantic and she wants to retch but nothing comes up.
Please… stay inside.
“No.” They promise.
The rest passes in a blur and things happen, but everything finally ends and as she feels herself dying, she is glad, because she is finally free.
 
END FIC
Completed 6/24/06
Done! Filler arc, kind of, and pro-Misty! Imagine that!