Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ We Are Like A Rose ❯ We Are Like A Rose ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is just a short quick oneshot that I hope people will understand after reading it. It came to me one time and I thought... wow, it kinda makes sense. So, please tell me if you understand after it.
Disclaimer:I do not own Pokemon - that means Drew and May along with it.

We Are Like A Rose
May's view was covered with something red; layers of soft and beautifully scented petals of a perfectly grown rose. Her sapphire eyes looked behind, noticing the green patch of hair and the emerald eyes looking into hers.
Drew; a grin was pasted on his face as he gently twirled the rose in his slender fingertips.
May smiled as well, taking the rose delicately from Drew's hand, as though the green stem was fragile and would snap at the slightest push.
“I'm guessing it's for my Beautifly, right?” she asked mockingly.
She leaned forward to Drew, whose smile didn't leave, and raised her eye brows in question.
The green haired co-ordinator grunted softly, turning to the side and flicking his flaxen hair.
“Of course; but I want to tell you a different reason as to why I give you a rose,” Drew explained, facing towards the brunette who was now listening intently.
“You're not going to go out of character are you?” she asked suspiciously, having a feeling that if the rival co-ordinator ever did go out of his normal demeanour she'd be too scared of his `nice' persona.
Drew chuckled.
“Yeah, I guess so.”
May held the rose to her chest, leaning on one foot as she stared at the green haired boy intently.
“You see; I give you compliments or advice for your next contest, right?”
May nodded, looking at Drew with seriousness but also astonishment because of his sudden change of nature; though she half expected that.
“So I build you up, I'm your strength; therefore the stem…” he paused before chuckling. “I also wear green.”
May smiled, he continued.
“You wear red, the colour of this rose…” Drew smiled too, collecting the rose from May's fingers and twirling it in his hand. “… and with my help, your performance always blooms into something more beautiful.” `Just like you,' he thoughtfully added after.
“We compliment each other you see; I help make the rose more beautiful. You rely on me to stand tall and confident.
I'm the stem, you're the rose…” Drew finished giving the rose back to May, slightly blushing before immediately turning away and flicking his fringe. May looked gob smacked; deciding whether or not she heard the green haired boy correctly or not. She was practically speechless. “Though you'll always need me, you're hopeless on your own!” he laughed, walking off.
That brought May out of her trance and she angrily slammed a foot down, yelling at Drew for saying that she was hopeless.
“Take that back!”
The rival simply put his hand up in response, saying `good bye.'
The brunette softened, finally feeling the strong stem in her fingers that she hadn't noticed before. She was too out of it to notice the smooth feeling through her gloves.
Gently, she looked at the rose, twirling it in her finger tips just like Drew. She watched the crystallized dew, amongst the petals, fall to the inner part and soak into the stem.
It was like it was saying `Thanks.'
`You know; to make a beautiful rose, you have to shovel a lot of manure… in this case Drew,' May smirked, turning in the opposite direction and walking off, leaving her strength, her stem, behind.

Well? What did ya think?! I hope it made sense and that I wrote it clear enough for people to see what I am getting at. If not, I guess I can try to explain again. Please review!
 
-Ciao-
simply-escaping