Pretty Sammy Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ When Two Worlds Collide ❯ Where's Misao and Rumiya? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

When Two Worlds Collide
Chapter 2: Where's Misao and Rumiya?
Written By: Sailor Star Moon

A while later, Sammy sat in the living room of the Masaki home drinking tea and eating some cookies while Washu and the other explained to her on how they had found her and Ryo-ohki. Sammy kept Ryo-ohki by her side while he still slept peacefully on a pillow the others had given her to place him on.

"... And our Ryo-ohki found the two of you outside our home in the carrot patch..." Washu explained excitedly, when Sammy interrupts her.

"So what all of you are saying is that I'm stuck in another dimension where all of you are different from the way that I know you as?" asked Sammy as she stares across the table at Washu, her eyes moving towards Sasami as she speaks.

Washu smiles at Sammy's ability to grasp what had happened, that she missed seeing Sammy's glance at Sasami. "Right Sasami! Right now all I need to do is work on trying to find a way to send you and Ryo-ohki back to your own world."

"Okay, sensei." Sammy says as she bows respectfully to Washu.

Washu sweat drops and looks uncomfortable before speaking up. "One thing that we must get straight my dear while your here with us. Please don't call me 'sensei'. I'm a scientist not a teacher. You may call me 'Little' Washu."

Sammy looks at Washu in surprise. "Your just like my universes Washu. When we're not on campus you let us call you Washu, but when we are at school you make us call you sensei. I guess it's become more of a habit. All of you are like my friends back home, except all of you, including myself, are..." Sammy stops talking as tears begin to well up in her eyes once more.

"It's alright Sasami-chan." Mihoshi says as she places her arms gently around Sammy's shoulders to give her a small hug. "Washu'll find a way to get you home, right Washu?"

"Yes, and while you are here you won't have to worry about being homesick or lonely, because we'll be here for you if you need us, Sasami." Ayeka says from her place next to Washu.

Sasami stared at Sammy with a look of joy on her face at the thought of having someone her own age around to talk with, especially someone who looked exactly like her. "You could be Ayeka and mine new sister while your here. People would get us mixed up because we look so much alike one another."

"You know that is another thing that we must discuss, Sasami." Washu says as she gets everyone's attention back on her.

"Like what Washu?" Sammy asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"What shall we call you, Sasami?" Washu asked as she points towards Sammy. "We can't call both of you Sasami. It would get too complicated. How would the two of you know if we were calling for one or the other? And that goes for your cabbit too."

"I quite agree. It would get too confusing." Ayeka said as she looked between Sammy and Sasami. "Do you have any ideas as to what name you would like to be called while you are staying with us, Sasami?"

"Well you could call me by my nickname. I go by Sammy some times back home." Sammy says as she stares at everyone.

Washu nods her head in approval. "Sammy it is then. And we could call this little guy Ryo for short." She adds as she bends over to pick up Ryo-ohki's sleeping form.

"Myaa! Myaa! Myaaaaa!" Ryo-ohki chimed in as she leaps into Washu's lap to look up at Ryo.

"Calm down Ryo-ohki. He'll talk to you whenever he wakes up, and not before then." Ryoko says as she glares at Ryo-ohki.

"Myaa.." Ryo-ohki meows unhappily as she leaps away from Washu and goes towards Sammy and climbs into her lap, Sammy's hand reaches down automatically to pet the small cabbit.

Sasami laughs at what Ryo-ohki does and explains, "I think Ryo-ohki wants to keep you company and make sure that your not unhappy until Ryo wakes up, Sammy."

"Ryo's is going to be surprised, that's for sure." Sammy says quietly while picking up Ryo's form, and cradling him close to her body. 'Come on Ryo-okki, wake up! Please.' Sammy thought quietly to herself.


As they talked, Katsuhito, Noboyuki, and Tenchi sat outside on the porch, listening to the girls talk with Sammy as they also spoke quietly with one another about that day's events.

"So Tenchi. She's from another world that is exactly like ours except different in some ways?" Katsuhito asked.

"Yeah grandpa.. Sammy told us that in her world all of us, me and the other girls including Sammy herself are completely human. The only thing that is the same in her world and ours is, besides the lack of powers, is that we act the same way that her worlds version of us does. And I'm her older brother." Tenchi said as he looked back over at the girls.

"Your sister? I would have never thought that I would see you with a sister, Tenchi." Noboyuki says. "What will all of you do until Washu finds a way of sending Sammy back to her own world?"

Tenchi looked over at his father before speaking. "Dad, I don't know. The girls and I can help her adjust to living here and with us until that time comes when she can go home."

Katsuhito nods his head in agreement to what Tenchi says. "For all any of us may know, young Miss Kawaii may be stuck here for the rest of her life, Noboyuki. But if she is trapped here she will at least have friends who care about her."


Ryo pulled himself up and out of the darkness that seemed to be all around him. As his consciousness slowly began to wake up, he heard the sound of familiar voices around him, along with what sounded like Sasami's voice talking from two different places.

Ryo's ears twitched as he tried to open his eyes.

"Hey! I think Ryo's beginning to wake up." Mihoshi's voice could be heard shouting out.

"Calm down Mihoshi. We don't want to scare him when he wakes up." Kiyone's voice says sharply to her partner.

"Sorry..." Mihoshi whined.

Then Sammy's voice could be heard throughout the onslaught of voices that he heard, his mind locking only on her voice. "Ryo? Are you awake? Come on and wake up please?"

'Sasami?' Ryo thought to himself as he slowly forced his eyes open to stare into the light and at the figures around him. He looked around and sees Sasami sitting nearby, and was about to say something when he realized that they were not alone.

"Meow?" Ryo said as he looked around in surprise at seeing all the girls around them. 'What are they doing here? Did the vortex somehow send us home? I won.' Ryo wondered silently to himself when he almost jumped out of his skin when he heard Sammy's voice coming from behind him.

"Ryo-ohki are you okay? Does anything hurt anywhere?" Sammy asked insistently but stopped when Ryo turned surprised eyes in her direction, as he realized that she was sitting behind him.

Ryo looked first at Sammy then back at Sasami, trying to figure out if he really was seeing two Sasami's when, all of a sudden, Ryo-ohki leaps up to the pillow where he laid and miaowed a greeting to him. Seeing the female Ryo-ohki caused Ryo to freak out and he let out a startled yelp and leaped all the way up in the air.

Before any of the girls could react, Ryo leaped into Sammy's lap, to stare fixedly at the other cabbit before him, as Ryo-ohki meowed at him, completely confused at the reaction she had received from the other cabbit, as she placed her paws on Sammy's lap to stare down at Ryo, who was glaring at her from his spot and hissing and snarling at her.

Sammy's hands reach into her lap to pluck Ryo out and she lifted him up so that they were staring face to face with each other. "Ryo, calm down." She notices Ryo raising an eyebrow at his new name, but continued on. "These are friends, and not a trick. I'll tell you later, okay?"

Ryo looks uncertain, but nods his head, meowing in answer to what she had just told him, planning on getting more from her later.


Washu and the others watched the exchange silently surprised at the reaction that Ryo had shown to all of them, but were more stunned at his reaction to Ryo-Ohki.

{I think that she's holding something back from us, Washu.} Ryoko told Washu mentally.

Washu turned her attention slightly to Ryoko while keeping her eyes on Sammy and Ryo. {I know Ryoko, but we cannot force her to give out information that she may not be willing to give us. But I would like to find out more about her own world.}

{And what about that power spike your machines scanned off of her? Do you think that she may be a threat to all of us.} Ryoko demanded impatiently.

Washu shook her head at Ryoko, before answering. {I do not believe so, Ryoko. If she were, then she would have done something to all of us by now. All signs point to the fact that Sammy is just like our Sasami in all ways except that she's human.} Washu momentarily turned her head in Sammy's direction once more. {But I would also need to do some tests on her and her cabbit to be sure of that.}


As Ryoko and Washu spoke to each other, Ayeka, Sasami, Mihoshi, and Kiyone were all gathered around Sammy petting and stroking Ryo, when the men come back into the room and sit down.

Katsuhito was the first to speak. "Hello Miss Kawaii. My name is Katsuhito Jinni, Tenchi's grandfather and proprietor of this shrine. I welcome you to our home, and I hope that you will be comfortable until your return home."

"And I am Noboyuki Masaki, Sammy. I hope that you do not mind the confusion that may go on here, between the other girls and my son."

Noboyuki looks up and sees the glares from all the women in the room after making that comment. Tenchi sits in between his father and grandfather, and sweat drops as the conversation goes on.

"It couldn't be any weirder around here than back home. In my world there are two fighters always fighting each other, who call themselves Pretty Sammy and Pixy... Mi..sa." Sammy stands up immediately in shock as she remembered Pixy Misa and Rumiya hadn't been there when she had awoken.


"Sammy, what is it?" Ayeka asked as she watched Sammy stand up abruptly.

Sammy stared at the others, a look of horror on her face as, "Guys we got to go back outside and look around. There was someone else with Ryo and me when we were pulled into this universe. It's another girl around my age, with a purple hawk with her. We must have gotten separated during the fall!"

"Somebody else came here with you?" Tenchi asked, his tone concerned as he watched Sammy begin to pace the room.

"Why didn't you tell us this before, Sammy?!" Ryoko demanded.

"I just remembered now! I forgot about her after finding out about all of this." Sammy snapped back at Ryoko angrily.

"Well we'll go look for them now before it gets too late outside. We don't want them to freeze out there now do we?" Katsuhito says as he stands back up and begins to head toward the front door, followed by the others.


Sammy stood up to follow them out the door, with Ryo held in her hands, when she felt hands on her shoulders holding her back. She turns her head around to see Ayeka and Sasami behind her.

"Where do you think your going, young lady?" Ayeka asked gently.

Sammy pulled her arm out Ayeka's grip, "I'm going with them to look for Misa, of course."

"Not dressed like that your not. You're not completely recovered from your ordeal, and you need a change of clothes and a bath, since the clothes you are wearing now are dirty." Ayeka says, as she takes a firm grip on Sammy's arm and starts to pull her away, with Sasami and Ryo-ohki following behind.

"You can wear my clothes, Sammy." Sasami offered as they walked through the hallway. "They should fit you, since we look a like."

"But..." Sammy protested as she stared over her shoulder as the others left the house to head into the fields. "But I need to..."

"The others will handle everything, Sammy. Don't worry about it." Ayeka said, as she and Sasami pulled Sammy into one of the bedrooms and shut the door.


Misao began to wake up, feeling cold and wet and miserable, her entire body was filled with pain when she tried to move. As her eyes open, she finds herself staring at the darkening afternoon sky outlined by trees and sat up, to look at her surroundings, to find herself lying against a large tree surrounded by a lake.

"Oh my... Where am I?" Misao wondered out loud. "This doesn't look like Tokyo. Or any of the parks... oh!" As Misao looked around her eyes stopped on the motionless form of a young boy wearing strange clothing around her age who was lying on his stomach a few feet away.

Misao stands up and moves over to the boy, and kneels in front of him and turns him over on to his back. The boy is revealed to be Rumiya, now in his human form. She checks him for a pulse and to see if he was still breathing and found both, and lets out a sigh of relief.

Rumiya lets out a groan as his eyes fly open to stare up into Misao's relieved face, as he places his left hand on his head "What hit me? Where am I" Rumiya asked as he stared at her. "And who are you?"

Misao smiled at him as she helps him up into a sitting position. "I don't know where we are, or what happened to you. My name's Misao. What's yours?"

Rumiya's stared at Misao as he opened his mouth to answer her question, only to close his mouth and his eyes closed as if he were trying to think of something.

"What's wrong?" Misao asked in concerned tones. "Are you okay?"

Rumiya's eyes stared at Misao once more, as a look of terror appeared on his young face. "I... I... don't remember. I can't remember what my name is." Rumiya said, panic etched into his voice, "I don't know who I am..."

"You don't? Whatever happened to us must have caused you to get amnesia." Misao said as she reached out for Rumiya. "I wonder how did we get here anyway? I don't recognize any of this." she said as she once more looked around the lake. "How will we get out of here anyway?"

Rumiya looked around too, and his eyes stopped on a stone path that cuts across the water leading towards the shoreline, and stands up to point. "Why don't we take that path to the shore? It looks like it's the only way back."

Misao looked in the direction that Rumiya pointed out. "Your right. Let's go then." She says as she takes off at a run and runs across the stones.

"Hey wait up Misao!" Rumiya cried out as he too took off at a run and ran across the stepping-stones. As he runs, his foot slips and he starts to fall over to one side. "Whoa!! No!" Rumiya cries out as he flails his hands around as he began to fall into lake.

All of a sudden a pair of arms appear from nowhere and lift him into the air saving him from getting soaked.

"Don't you know that it's unhealthy for children to be playing by the lake?" A familiar voice asked as Rumiya was deposited on the bank next to Misao. The two children looks back to see the floating form of Ryoko behind them, smiling like a cat.

"Thank you for helping me. Who are you? And how can you fly like that?" Rumiya asked as he stared at Ryoko, not noticing the stunned expression on Misao's face as she stared at Ryoko. Before Ryoko could say anything Misao spoke up.

"Ryoko?!" Misao cried out in surprise.

Ryoko's eyes drew back in a surprised frown as she stared at Misao in surprise. "Yeah, kid. That's my name. How do you know it?"

"Misao? You know who this is?" Rumiya asked.

"Yes, I know who she is. She's one of the upperclassman of my school." Misao said as she stared at Ryoko as shocked surprise spread on her face. "But since when can you fly, Ryoko-san?"

Ryoko stared at Misao a few moments. 'I found her, then? She's the one that Sammy was worried about? But I thought Sammy said that her name was Misa, not Misao?' Ryoko thought silently to herself as she landed in front of them. 'Well I guess it's practically the same name, if you take off the "o" at the end.'

"Misao is it?" Ryoko asked, then continued when Misao nodded. "I am not the Ryoko that you know. But I am a friend. Sammy sent me to look for you out here, after the others and I had found her earlier."

"What do you mean that you're not the Ryoko that I know?" Misao asked, still stunned, then she realized what Ryoko had just said, "Sammy is here? Where is she? Is she all right?"

"She's fine. She's back at the house that's up that hill." Ryoko said calmly, before turning her attention on Rumiya. "Now who are y--" Ryoko's words end when she hears noise coming from somewhere in the distance.

Footsteps can be heard, and they all turn around to see Tenchi and the others appear from behind.

{Is this the girl that Sammy was worried about before? Who is the other one?} Washu asked Ryoko telepathically.

{Yeah, Washu. This is her. But I don't know who the boy is yet.} Ryoko snapped back telepathically. {She seems to have the same memories about us that Sammy does.}

Washu nods, and moves over to Misao and Rumiya, and has them sit down, as she takes out a first aid kit. "Okay children. Tell me if you are hurting anywhere. And how do you feel?" Washu asked as she checks them both out.

"I'm fine sensei." Misao starts to say, her eyes turning towards Rumiya, and missing Washu's grimace at being called sensei. "But I think that you should check out him. He can't remember anything."

An intrigued look appeared on Washu, as she turned her attention on Rumiya. "Is that true? You can't remember anything?"

Rumiya simply nodded his head in answer to Washu's question. "I woke up on the other side of the lake, with Misao, and I can't remember anything. I can't remember who I am, or where I come from, or anything else for that matter." Rumiya says unhappily.

"Well I can help you regain your memories if you will let me, or you could wait until your memory comes back on their own." Washu says.

"I would like to wait until they come back on their own." Rumiya says, when a slight breeze comes up, and both Rumiya and Misao shiver slightly from the cold.

Mihoshi jumps at the chance of pointing this out. "You guys.. Don't you think that we should take them back to the house, before they get sick or something?"

Kiyone reaches out a hand to touch Misao's shoulder, and her hand comes back cold and wet. "The two of you are soaking wet! We better get you into some dry clothes, and some food into your stomachs."

Tenchi reaches out a hand to help Misao back up to her feet, "Come on. The house is this way." He said as they led the way back to the house.

"Thanks Tenchi-san." Misao said as they walked.


Inside the house, after a lengthy bath, Ayeka and Sasami had Sammy dressed up in one of Sasami's outfits, and sitting in front of a mirror, while Sasami did her hair.

"I've always wanted to have someone around that was my own age." Sasami said excitedly as brushed out Sammy's hair. "But I never thought that there would be someone that looked exactly like me out there."

"That goes double for me, Sasami." Ayeka said as she prepared a bed for Sammy in one of the guestrooms. "I didn't think that it was possible either."

Sammy had remained silent during the conversation for awhile before jumping in. "I always thought that I was one of a kind. I never dreamed that I would meet you guys. All of you are exactly the way you are in my world, except that you're not even human. And I'm a princess to boot in this world. This is just like that gaijin TV show, 'Sister, Sister'."

Ryo was lying down on the table that was in front of Sammy, watching what was going on. The shock of that days events starting to fade away, while Ryo-ohki cuddled against him, purring.

Sasami and Ayeka share a look before turning their attention back on Sammy. "Sammy, would you like your hair tied up in a braid for tonight?" Ayeka asked as she sat down next to Sammy and Sasami.

"Sure." Sammy said as she sat back in the chair. Within moments Ayeka and Sasami begin work on putting Sammy's hair up. "Thanks for being nice to me you guys."

"Your welcome Sammy." Ayeka said.

"Yeah, Sammy. We would do this for anyone. It's the only way for us to make friends around here." Sasami said.

As they finished Sammy's hair, they hear the sound of the front door opening then slamming shut downstairs.

"We're back! And we found them." Tenchi calls out as he puts away his jacket and takes off his shoes.

Sammy picks up Ryo and places him on her shoulder, then rushes downstairs, and sees Misao and Rumiya standing in the doorway behind Tenchi. The other girls behind them.

"Misao! What are you doing here? How did you get here?" Sammy cries out as she rushes forward to embrace her friend in a hug. "Are you all right?"

"Sammy what's going on? Where are we? Why is everybody acting so weird, and since when can Ryoko fly?" Misao asked, completely unsettled by what she had seen so far.

Sammy tried to comfort her friend the best way she could. "It's okay Misao. I'll explain later, okay? Now who's this..." Sammy began as she looked over at Rumiya, noticing him for the first time. "RUMIYA!!" Sammy shouts out.

Rumiya blinks at Sammy in surprise. "Rumiya? Is that my name? You know who I am?" he asked.

"Of course I know who you are. What's wrong with you?" Sammy demanded.

Washu stepped in to explain. "Sammy, Rumiya as you call him is suffering from a traumatic cerebral disorder that is causing him to experience memory lapses." Washu says then she notices the blank looks she was receiving.

"Huh?" Sammy asked, a sweat drop rolling down the back of her head.

"I think that what Washu means is that Rumiya is suffering from amnesia, Sammy." Ryoko volunteered while shooting her 'mother' a dirty look.

Sammy stared at Rumiya in pure horror, as Rumiya just silently stared back at her, his eyes meeting hers, showing no sign of recognition in their depths. "Amnesia? Is there anyway of getting his memories back?"

"They will come back on their own Sammy, and it will only be a matter of time before they do." Washu added.

Sammy paled then looked at Ryo who was still perched on her shoulder, who looked angry.

"Well we need to get these two cleaned up, then off to bed with all of you." Ayeka said, as she and Tenchi led Misao and Rumiya off in separate directions

Ryo had had just about enough when he hears that Rumiya has amnesia. "But he's got to remember who he is!" Ryo nearly shouted out loud. "We have to find a way of getting back ho...me..." Ryo realized what he had just done, and looked around to see everyone in the room was now staring at him in shock.

"Ummm... Meow?" Ryo tried feebly.

Mihoshi was the first to break the silence as she moved closer to Sammy to stare face to face with Ryo. "You can talk?" she asked.

"How is that possible? Cabbits can't talk. What few words they do know how to say in English are barely audible sometimes." Washu exclaims.

Everyone turned his or her startled eyes to look at Sammy, who was glaring at a blushing Ryo.

To Be Continued....