Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ 10 Years Later ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
"10 Years Later" Chapter 12 (Epilogue)
By Andrea Readwolf [andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com]
 
Word Count: 728
 
Miss something? Take a look at the <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=readwolflair&k eyword=%22Ten+Years+Later%22&filter=all">Previous Chapters</a>
 
 
Started: July 2004
Finished: August 2005
 
 
 
Getting one baby ready to go out was a challenge. Getting two babies ready was a miracle. Chotaroh still didn't know how they would have managed without the help of their mothers and his sister... and the very qualified nanny that was Atobe's Christmas present.
 
But it was May, spring finally; it had been a long and difficult winter for everyone, but everything always seemed more positive in spring. The weather was warming up nicely, the flowers were starting to blossom--a perfect day for an outing.
 
"Their stroller's packed, Shishido-san, Otori-san," the middle aged woman who'd showed up on their doorstep the same night they'd brought the boys home announced.
 
"Thanks, Tomomi," Ryoh replied, pulling Akito's nappy down. "I think we're just about set here, too. Chotaroh?"
 
"We're ready," he answered, picking Hiroshi up off the changing table. "I doubt we'll stay out too long. No more than an hour really. So if you want to just take a rest...?"
 
"No, it's quite all right," Tomomi-san returned, smiling as Ryoh and Chotaroh exchanged babies. "I think I would enjoy some fresh air on such a nice day as today. And I've packed for three hours, just in case."
 
"You're a goddess," Ryoh laughed, pecking her check quickly as he heading downstairs with Hiroshi.
 
It really was a nice day, and they weren't the only ones who chose to enjoy the season outside in the sunshine. The park was sprinkled with tarps and families. They set up their own tarp half-way between the blimp-jungle gym and the tennis courts. Marika, seeing some of her friends, was quick to take off on her own.
 
"I think I'll just stay here and read a little," Tomomi told them, settling down onto the tarp, but they were interrupted by several kids running up to them.
 
"Shishido-sensei! Shishido-sensei! Are those your babies?" the loudest girl among the children managed to articulate.
 
"Shh!" Ryoh cautioned, but he was grinning widely. "They're sleeping right now. Trust me, you don't wanna wake them before they're ready, or they'll be really cranky."
 
"Oh, I know all about cranky babies," a boy put in. "My little sister cries and cries all the time. My dad says she takes after my mom, all right."
 
"You wanna hold 'em? But you have to go wash your hands first," Ryoh ordered, nodding off towards the water spicket. A whole group of them ran off, racing each other to the water spicket.
 
Chotaroh leaned in close and whispered, grinning, "Students of yours?"
 
Ryoh grinned back. "Mostly, at one point or another."
 
Soon enough the kids were back, crowding around and jostling for a chance to hold the babies.
 
"Why don't you two go take a walk," Tomomi suggested. "You did come here for some rest, right? I can watch this bunch well enough. Go on."
 
"Are you sure?" Chotaroh asked, worried eyeing the one boy, Shouta, who was currently holding Hiroshi.
 
"Positive," Tomomi huffed, smiling despite her dry tone. "Go, get out of here while you can. I have the night off tonight, remember?"
 
Ryoh obviously didn't need to be told twice; he was dragging a reluctant Chotaroh away by the wrist before the woman could change her mind or say anything else. "Come on, Chotaroh. They're good kids and Tomomi's quite capable."
 
They were barely ten meters away when two more students approached them, but these two were junior high or high school students by the look of them.
 
"Um, Shishido-san?" the shorter boy began. "I'm sorry if we're interrupting you, but my partner and I," he gestured to the other boy standing about a meter away, "We were hoping you'd be willing to play us again. You and your partner," he added hastily, nodded towards Chotaroh.
 
Ryoh frowned. "Weren't you two in Fudomine?"
 
"Yes, sir. We graduated this past spring."
 
"So, how 'bout it?" the other boy spoke up. "We get a rematch or what?"
 
"Tsubasa!" his partner hissed warningly, shooting a worried glance towards Ryoh.
 
But from the grin on his partner's face, Chotaroh knew the boy's attitude had caught Ryoh's interest. Ryoh shot Chotaroh a quick, questioning glance before grinning at the high school students.
 
Chotaroh felt himself grinning, too, as the stirring of excitement and adrenaline started pumping through him.
 
"Sure, we're game," Chotaroh answered, stepping forward with Ryoh, stepping onto the court together.
 
 
[the end]