Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ A Pair to be Reckoned With - Rikkaidai ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"A Pair to be Reckoned With"

 

"Niou, I need your help with something."

 

Oh. Shit.

 

Half the movement on the practice courts stuttered to an immediate standstill, trickling down through the remaining club members. The eyes of most sought out their captain.

 

It had started their freshman year of high school, when Yukimura had apparently decided it would be a good idea to accompany Niou with some of the taller boy's pranks. No one had been safe since.

 

Niou stood up from his receiving position and looked up over at Yukimura with a tilt of his head. "Ehn?" he made an interesting sound, and then nodded, once. "Sure thing, Buchou," he answered before returning to the game he and Marui were playing against Jackal and Yagyuu--sometimes it was fun to challenge each other as a warm up before tearing through the rest of the club's ranks. "Tonight after practice okay?"

 

"That will be fine," Yukimura responded. "Thank you."

 

And then Yukimura blinked and shifted. "Why is everyone just standing around?" he asked in a slightly raised voice--which from Yukimura was more effective than any drill sergeant's bark. "This is practice. Get moving!"