Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Cactus ❯ Ten-chan ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Bloody Cactus

Ten-chan

Kiyami: After watching several vampire related things it inspired this. Especially after watching Queen of the Damned, Fright Night (-cough- x.x), and some other vampire stuff. Internet deprivation makes me writea lot.

I'm considering making this into a series. I'm already planning one revolving around a certain Rudolphian, another about one of my favorite pairings (-cough InuKai cough-), and a possible sequel to this one (-cough multiple endings cough-.)

Pairings: FujiZuka, ??x??, MomoRyo.

Disclaimer: I do not own Tennis no Oujisama, but I own this affordable, convenient porcelain pig. ^.^

Dedications: Marius and David, Atobe (x.x I used to hate himbut in some twist of fate I became obsessed with the Hyoteiians and their buchou.), Agent Vino, and Mizuki (I used to hate him too....)



What was the purpose of life? Was it to make it worthwhile? To continue a race that had such short time on this world? Maybe it was just to prepare yourself for death. Perhaps it was to be afraid. Be afraid of things unknown, your own kind and the monstrosities it bore.

Maybe I shouldn't speak so lowly of humans. I was once a human too you know, but in the end I fell victim to my own fears and my weakness. I feared death above all else and I always had a weak heart. I could never bear to kill anything. But eventually reality catches up with you and you must toughen yourself to survive.

The one who I always despised the most taught such lessons on survival. He gave me what he called a blessing. A blessing to live forever by taking the lives of others. I never wanted it, but deep down inside of me I truly did want it. It was a way to go on living when the world around you wanted you dead.

He gave me the gift of vampirism.



Tezuka stared out at the starry sky. Finally the rain that drenched the quiet town had passed and left behind a remarkably clear sky. The air still smelt of the rain and the occasional breeze sent shivers down his spine. It was chilly even though the winter season was gone and it was already more then a month into spring.

Nothing ever happened in this quiet town. That was why Tezuka loved it here. There were no violence or constant nighttime noises that roused him from his slumber. It was just peaceful and boring.

It was because of the lack of violence in the town that quirked his interest at the sounds. It sounded as though someone was arguing or fighting. Occasional noises of pain would echo out of the small alley that neighbored his house.

Tezuka stopped at the entrance of the alley. With the help of the moon's light he could make out four possibly five shapes surrounding one smaller one. The smaller one was curled up on the ground with what he assumed was the leader sending kicks to his back.

"Get up you no good little pansy." He growled before sending a harder kick to the one on the ground.

The victim of the group's assault groaned in pain, but could do nothing with the wounds already inflicted on him.

"Stop it." Tezuka demanded with his voice dangerously low. His eyes narrowed at the group.

"Whatcha going to do about it?" One of them sneered before rushing at Tezuka with a sharp knife.

Easily Tezuka moved out of the knife's path and sent a powerful punch to the attacker's head. He silently thanked the self-defense classes he had taken only a year before.

The attacker with the knife got back up and ran at Tezuka. Tezuka prepared to evade the attacks. He got distracted when the leader of the group sent another hard kick to the injured one on the ground. The knife wielder took this opportunity to stab Tezuka in his left arm.

"Come on he won't survive the night. Let's go." The leader said before walking off with his group following.

Tezuka stared at the knife still deeply imbedded in his arm. His right hand grasped the handle and swiftly pulled the blade from his arm. He couldn't hold back the yelp of pain as blood rushed out of his wound. Tezuka stumbled over to the one who had fallen victim to the group.

Slowly Tezuka lifted the smaller one who was surprisingly easy to carry. Luckily the fight had taken place just steps away from his house. For the moment Tezuka did his best to ignore the pain in his arm, but blood was flowing out rapidly and who knew where that knife came from. He carried the other into his small, but spacious house. Carefully he set the other onto his bed.

With the help of light Tezuka could see exactly what the person looked like. His skin was eerily pale with blood sharply standing out amongst it. Long brown hair fell around his face. His clothing was nothing special only consisting of a shirt, pants, and a coat.

Tezuka got up to go to the bathroom to take care of the nasty wound on his arm. The stranger would probably be asleep for a while and tomorrow he would take the smaller man to the hospital.

Slowly he washed the wound with soap and warm water. The blood continued to flow smoothly out of the wound and didn't seem as if it would stop. Quickly the blood turned the water red.

After he had washed and dried it he wrapped it in cloth bandages, as the adhesive ones were too small to cover the wound completely. He tried his best to wrap it as tight as possible to stop the blood flow, but even the slightest of pressure pained him.

Once he was finished tending to himself he took what little medical supplies he had to the stranger he had brought to his home. The stranger was half-awake with two slivers of sapphire eyes looking around the room.

"Wherewhere am I?" His voice was hoarse and soft.

"Stop moving around so much." Tezuka ordered as he cleaned the blood from the stranger's skin with a wet cloth.

"My name's Fuji Syusuke. Thank you." The one called Fuji said with both eyes staring at Tezuka.

"Tezuka." He tried his best to ignore the staring, but it unnerved him.

The two went into an awkward silence until Tezuka came across a dart stuck in Fuji's shoulder. Fuji looked away as Tezuka pulled it out as painlessly as he could. Something purple dripped from the metal point. The first thing that came to Tezuka's mind was poison.

"So who were those men?"

"They work for someone I used to know. I'll leave as soon as I can, I promise."

Silence.

"I wouldn't want to endanger you" Fuji trailed off slowly.

"Well I'm finished. You can sleep on my bed." Tezuka got up and began taking out a spare blanket and pillow. He started to walk out of the room, but stopped at the door. "Is there anything else you need?"

"No, no! You've already done enoughGood night." Fuji gave a smile that made Tezuka think that he wasn't truly injured. Tezuka switched off the lights and disappeared from Fuji's view.


Tezuka fell asleep on the couch. He didn't mind not having his bed and the couch was comfortable. Soon he fell fast asleep exhausted from what had happened.

"Ten-chan, isn't it such a wonderful day? Do you think you can help sneak me out? I want to go swimming in the lake."

"Your father won't allow it."

"Saa, Ten-chan, you're so strict. Just for today? Spring has just begun and I think I'll go crazy if I spend another day in here. Please?"

"Hurry up and get ready."

~~~

"Ten-chan, come on in! The water's perfect!"

"I can't. I have to be alert being your guard."

"Ten-chaan"

Someone started taking off their metal armor. Carefully the guard placed his armor in a neat pile by the lake. Then there was the sound of someone getting into water with the sloshing and the splashing.

"Thank you, Ten-chan."

"Ah Fuji, nice to see you today."

"Mizuki-san, how are you?"

"Finejust fine."

~~~

"Ten-chan, why are you standing outside? Why don't you come inside?"

"I have to guard you from intruders."

"But you need your restcome on."

"I have to guard you though."

"Well you can guard me inside my room."

~~~

"Wake up, Ten-chan! Father's sending us off to my uncle's for a month."

"Ahsumimasen. I guess I fell asleep while I was-"

"Don't worry Ten-chan. You can do all your guarding on our way to Uncle's."

~~~

"What a lovely day to go on a trip, ne Ten-chan?"

"Ten-chan, why are you always so quiet? Let's talk about something. How about uhoh! Yumiko's going to get married. Father found her a nice man to marry. I forgot his name, but he was very polite."

~~~

"Fuji-san, wake up. A group of men are surrounding us. You best take this."

"But"

"Don't do anything unless someone attacks you. Pretend like you're sleeping."

"Ten-chan"

~~~

"TEN-CHAN!"

Someone grabbed Fuji from behind and pulled him towards a tree. Fuji tried his best to swing the light spear towards his captor. The captor took it out of his hands and threw it. The next thing Fuji knew the captor sank long, white fangs into his neck like a savage.

~~~

Someone forced some strange liquid past Fuji's lips. It was sweet and addictive to drink. The liquid felt cool against Fuji's parched mouth and left behind an almost burning sensation in his throat. Pain seized him before everything faded.

~~~

Blue eyes opened to see an all too familiar face. The face belonged to the son of a wealthy noble family that was long time friends of his own. Mizuki smiled almost sweetly while touching Fuji's face.

"You're awake."

Fuji couldn't find his voice to speak.

"You must feel weak, vulnerable, afraidright?"

Mizuki was right. Fuji was afraid of what was going to happen.

"Don't worry, Mizuki's going to take care of all that." He whispered into Fuji's ear. "Bring him in." He ordered to his men.

"Fuji-san!" Someone shouted that sounded like Ten-chan to Fuji's ears.

Mizuki laughed a soft sound that made Fuji flare up in anger.

"I wouldn't try anything now. You wouldn't want your little Ten-chan to get hurt, right?"

Fuji could only glare in anger.

"Bring the guard over here."

He was weaponless and bound. There were some wounds on him, but none of them looked serious. Blood leaked from his head.

Something about Ten-chan made Fuji's senses go wild. He thrashed under Mizuki's powerful hold. For the first time since gaining consciousness Fuji realized the alien feeling in his mouth. White fangs like those he saw just before everything blacked out.

"What did you do to me?" Fuji snarled and tried to free himself from Mizuki's grip.

"Nothing, but save you. I saved you from fear, from life. I made you mine and in return I gave you life."

"What do you mean?"

"Simple. I made you into a vampire."

"Liar! They don't exist!"

"But don't you hear it? Don't you smell it?" Mizuki asked.

"Don't change the subject!"

"Can't you hear his heart beat? Can't you smell the blood from his wounds? Can you, Fuji?"

Fuji growled while trying to ignore the thoughts drifting into his mind. He could hear the rhythmic beat pounding within Tezuka. He could hear it and it was driving him crazy.

Fuji struggled some more until the constant thrashing wore him out. His head drooped and he felt tired. Fuji just wanted to close his eyes and open them to find himself sleeping in his own room with everything normal.

Then the pounding sounds became louder then ever! The beat drove away anything sane left in Fuji's head. Something made him sink the glistening white fangs into the neck of his protector. Ten-chan gasped and Fuji cried.

Fuji cried as he let the blood flow into his mouth. He cried tears of red like the blood that belonged to Ten-chan. He could feel the beating sounds start to slow down and that was when Fuji could think clearly again.

Fuji pulled away with tears streaming down his face. He never cried before, he found no reason to. His life was perfect, but now it was gone. Everything was gone.

"I'm sorryTen-chan. Forgive me." He whispered into Ten-chan's ears as life faded away from him, as the heart stopped and would nevermore beat that sound that drove Fuji into such a craze.

Mizuki smiled as he pulled
his Fuji into a hug. Fuji was his now and there was nothing he could do about it. All his.

Fuji continued to cry even after the men dragged the cold body away from him. He was angry with himself for not being able to protect Ten-chan. He was angry with himself for being the one to kill him. But he was angry with himself most of all because of how he loved the feeling when he drained away Ten-chan's life. He loved the feeling of the power flowing into him making Fuji feel invincible.

"You look lovely when you cry" Mizuki whispered into Fuji's ear.

"I hate you" Fuji mouthed silently.


Tezuka sighed as he began to make breakfast. The sun had just risen and the light filtered through the shades. The dreams always had haunted his dreams ever since he was young. It always made him feel exhausted in the morning, but the dreams usually only happened once a month.

It always scared Tezuka whenever he saw the one called Ten-chan. They bore a striking resemblance although Tezuka had shorter hair and glasses. Another thing that frightened him from the irony was that the Fuji he had met and the one in his dreams looked almost identical.

Tezuka knew it wasn't something that he should be scared about. Maybe it was all from his imagination or maybe it was all just a strange coincidence. Whatever it was Tezuka tried to ignore it, but this time the date was irregular. It hadn't come on the thirteenth like usual. No, today was the fifth of April.

"Good morning!" Fuji greeted from the doorway with a smile on his face.

"You shouldn't be up." Tezuka replied while looking around in the refrigerator for something edible to eat. It wasn't like he was a slob or anything it was just that Tezuka had horrible culinary skills.

"I'll be fine."

"Look, I have to go to work today. I'll ask someone to look after you for the day." Tezuka placed slices of bread into the toaster.

"Who?"

"They're my neighbors. It's a Sunday so they won't have anything to do. Ryoma, Momo, and Yuuta." Tezuka paused to remember their names. He didn't socialize much, but the three could be considered his friends although they were younger by several years.

The bread popped out of the toaster. Tezuka grabbed his coat and the slices of toast. "Make what you want. I have to go."

"Bye, bye, Ten-chaTezuka!" Fuji stopped himself from completing the name.

Tezuka visibly flinched before leaving the house.


Ding-Dong

"Hello?"

"Hi, I'm Momo-chan, this is Ryoma, and this is Yuuta. We're friends of Tezuka." Momo introduced himself and his two companions. It had only been five minutes after Tezuka left.

"And my name's Fuji. Come on in." Fuji opened the door to let the three into the house.

"Hey, isn't that your last name, Yuuta?"

"Yeah"

Momo grabbed a remote control and sat down on the couch. He turned on the T.V.

"Momo-senpaiWe're not here to freeload."

"Don't worry about it. We're looking after Fuji, aren't we?"

"It's all right. I'll be sleeping in the other room."

"And we'll be here watching TV. Can't let this thing go to waste, now can we?" Momo stared at the large screen of the expensive looking television. His two companions took their seats nearby. Ryoma fell back asleep being unused to the early time.

Fuji stood by the doorway watching them. His eyes were on Yuuta.


Kiyami: Well? Did you like it? As a side note I brought Momo into the story because originally Ryoma and Yuuta shared a house, but then I thought that that might give people the idea that I was suggesting YuutaxRyoma so I added Momo in.

I think Seymour (FFX) and his interaction with Yuna affected the interaction between Fuji and Mizuki in that one scene

R&R and I'll update as soon as possible!