Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Cloud Gazing ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cloud Gazing

By Andrea Readwolf <andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com>

Chapter: 1/1

Rating: G

Pairings: you tell me.

Genre: fluff

Warnings: this story has no plot or purpose.

Spoilers: none

Summary: cloud watching, comparisons are made

Disclaimer: Tennis no Ohjisama, characters and settings are the property of Konomi Takeshi.

Date Started: May 21, 2004

Status: rough drafter completed

Revised:

Word Count: 346

"Cloud Gazing"

Rainy season's approaching... it's interesting to just sit and watch the clouds--the play between sun and shadow... the wind is the only thing that prevents the sun from being hot on your skin as you sit there watching.

Right now, the sky above you is clear; a blue that has no description... but not too far off, the sky is a hazy blue. And approaching you is the low, heavy bank of thick clouds... At first there are the runners, seemingly small groups that glide across the sky within minutes.

And then the larger puffs arrive, thick, like your pillow. You almost want to try and climb up to them and take a nap, they look soft and inviting... Not the same blinding glare of white, but a muted white, dashed with gray.

And beneath the gray are darker shades...more grey, bruising blue...

These clouds take their time in passing you; their outlines familiar to you, even if their shapes are not. But you can still sit there and imagine the familiar.

There... there is a sea turtle. Mmm... and that one has the shape of a dolphin breaking through the surface. Do you see it? Is it any wonder so many compare the sky and sea? Two elements the color of blue--a blue that can change so rapidly, from one instant to the next.

You smile, sitting there, watching the clouds drift past, lazily moving along their way, gathering further in the distance. The breeze ruffles your hair, your clothes, but you don't mind as his wraps gentle fingers around you, cooling you off. After all, the breeze is just another extension of the sky, and the sky is your element.

"A storm is coming," you say, watching as another bank of clouds approaches. You always know these things, as if the winds tell you their secrets. "We should go in before it starts to rain," you add, smiling.

And you're eyes... so many shades of blue... It's like falling into the sky every time.

~Owarimasu~

Author's Question: So, who is it?