Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ February 14th... Just Another Day? - MomoRyoma ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: February 14th--Just Another Day
A Prince of Tennis Fanfiction
By Andrea Readwolf [andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com]
Chapter: 1/1
Rating: PG
Pairings/Characters: Momoshiro Takeshi + Echizen Ryoma
Genre: School fluff-drabble
Warnings: Valentine Day traditions and cultural-ignorance
Spoilers: n/a
Summary: Momo and Ryoma get interrupted on the way to school one morning.

Disclaimer:
"This derivative work, distributed without permission, is not for profit, and no infringement on the income of the copyright holder is intended". [<lj user = alltrees>]


Date Started: February 2005
Status: complete
Word Count: 580
 
"Just Another Day"
 
 
"Momo-chan!" two second year girls called out, giggling as they ran over to where Momoshiro was walking his bike next to his friend and underclassman, Echizen.
 
The tall second-year boy looked up, mouth hanging opening in mid-comment before snapping shut and stretching into a wide, gregarious smile.
 
"Ah! Risa-chan! Mai-chan!" he called out in greeting to the two giggling, blushing girls. "Good morning!"
 
"Good morning, Momo-chan," the girls giggled, sharing looks between each other before reaching into their bags. "Here. We got together and made these for you!" they chimed excitedly, thrusting two bright gift-bags towards him.
 
Momoshiro's eyes sparkled as his whole face lit up with boyish delight. "For me? Thank you very much, Risa-chan, Mai-chan! Oooh, happy!"
 
Giggling again, the girls bobbed their heads before racing off, calling over their shoulders that they would see 'Momo-chan' in class.
 
Echizen watched as his friend, still grinning like an idiot, carefully placed the two gift bags in his bike's basket. "Ne, Momo-sempai," he began to ask as they started walking again.
 
But they hadn't even gone a meter before another girl interrupted them.
 
"Mo-mo-shi-ro-ku~un!" an extremely energetic third year sang.
 
"Auh! Kurosaki-san! Good morning, Senpai!" Momoshiro called out, formally offering a little bow to the older girl.
 
"Good morning, Momoshiro-kun, and Echizen-kun, right?" she ask, shooting a winning smile towards the younger boy. "And I see the other girls have already started, ne? Well, then, I can't be allowed to be overshadowed and forgotten! No! That would be a travesty we must avoid at all costs! So here, my beloved little kohai!" she gushed, over-dramatically, retrieving a gift bag, much similar to the other two Momoshiro had in his basket.
 
"I would be honored, Senpai!" Momoshiro grinned.
 
"I know," the older girl laughed, dropping the overly-dramatical acts. "You really are just too adorable, *Mo-mo*-*cha~n*," she sang-sung again before turning away. "Don't eat too much and get sick again like last year, ne?" she added over her shoulder, winking and holding up a hand in victory.
 
Echizen looked curiously at the three wrapped bags sitting carefully and proudly in Momoshiro's basket.
 
"Ne, Momo-Senpai," he began to ask again when a piercing voice side-swiped him.
 
"RYO~MA~ SAMA~!" Tomoka shouted loudly. "Happy Valentine's Day, Ryoma-sama! Please accept this token of my affection!"
 
Echizen blinked in confusion at the rather large, round-shaped lump the girl pushed at him so he had no choice but to take it.
 
"It's a tennis ball," the girl prattled on proudly. "I made it myself, and look!" she added, grabbing her friend and dragging her forward. "Sakuno made the tennis rackets to go with it! They taste really good, too!"
 
"Um, anou, Happy Valentine's Day, Ryoma-kun," the long-haired girl blushed and stammered, holding out a gift bag much like the ones Momoshiro had received.
 
"Ah. Thank you," Echizen replied, taking the bag and at a loss as to what to do next.
 
Tomoka saved him by grabbing Sakuno's hand again and running off, calling over her shoulder that they would see him during lunch break and to have a good day. Echizen stared after them in bemusement for a moment before turning back to his upperclassman.
 
"Ne, Momo-senpai--what is it exactly that happens on Valentine's day in Japan?"
 
"Hah?" the second year boy looked confused. "You mean aside from the midterms we have to take?"
 
Echizen nodded and Momoshiro grinned, hooking an arm around the younger boy's neck.
 
"Chocolate. Lots and lots of wonderful chocolate!"
 
~~~owarimasu~~~
 
A short V-day Momo-Ryoma drabble for Mari. ^___^;;
 
Zan: You do like holiday fics…& you do `em so well.
 
Glossary:
 
-chan : suffix used for little children or girl friends
-kun : male suffix for classmates, friends, or underclassmen
-san : non-gender suffix denoting upper status and respect
-sama : non-gender suffix denoting superior status
Senpai : upper classmen and/or mentor
Kohai : under classmen and/or mentoree
anou : expression of indecision similar to "um"