Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Forces of Magic ❯ Eiji Does a Boo Boo ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Story Title: Forces of Magic

Chapter Title: Eiji Does a Boo Boo

Author: Mathais

Rating: PG-13

Category: Tennis no Ouji-sama

Pairings: Golden Pair, hints at others

Archive: Fanfiction.net, anyone that asks

Warnings: Magic, Shonen-ai, Quiet Eiji, and Freshmen Focus

Summary: Eiji tries a lot of things to make Oishi's wrist feel better, even dabbling into magic. However while he does this, he learns that there are some things you can't do without guidance, no matter how pure the intent.

References: http : // www. fortunecity. com /roswell /chaney /191 /id50.htm ~ Wiccan Site with Healing Spells (remove the spaces)



Eiji glanced at the book at his side. Okay, he could do this. He could do it. There was the chalk, which he had carefully used to draw a diagram on the floor. He double-checked it again. Yes, it was correct.

Oishi will get better. Eiji reminded himself. Especially with this.

He lit a candle, holding it in front of him. Oishi's picture was laid at the center of the diagram, the pentagram. The five-pointed star was traced over lightly in chalk, just enough to actually be shown, but easily erasable. That was good. He didn't want anyone to see him like this, but he had to help Oishi. Seeing him in so much pain... It just made his heart hurt.

Eiji pursed his lips. "Nya..." A pure white candle at each point of the star, unlit. Three blue candles and three white candles surrounded the photograph, each also unlit. Eiji carefully struck a match, the light softly illuminating the ground of the school shed he was working on. He so did not want to be caught. That would be... disastrous.

He kept his eyes on the book as he softly whispered Oishi's name and pressed his fingers at the flame, snuffing it out. Eiji then looked at Oishi's photo. He was smiling, that soft mother smile. It was on too few days now, with the wrist inflaming more and more now that Oishi had taken on Tezuka's job. The other teen had gotten little rest, so Eiji just wanted to make it better.

The red-haired boy felt the energy at his fingertips and with almost frightening ease filled the candles with it. "I charge you by the powers of East, South, West, and North;" Eiji spoke in English, stumbling over some of the syllables, "I charge you by the powers of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water; I charge you by the powers of the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars: to heal Oishi of his ailment, its causes and its manifestations," he tripped over that word, "So mote it be!"

The more active of the Golden Pair then lit each candle, being careful with the matches. "Burn the sickness in your flame, burn the sickness that would maim. Burn the illness by your might, burn the illness in your light. Heal him of illness and pain; heal him of all that is bane. Heal shim and set him free, with my will so must it be!" Eiji coughed slightly over the different pauses in the words. English was just too different from Japanese, but these had to be done in that unfamiliar language. Eiji shook his head; it wasn't over yet. He snuffed out each flame, only hissing slightly as the flames licked his fingers. He then turned to the pentagram, lighting each white candle. He could do this! It was almost over and Oishi would be all right.

Eiji sat for a few minutes, just focusing on Oishi and how he would be better, the nasty swelling of his wrist that had gotten steadily worse disappearing. He then placed his finger at the southwest corner of the pentagram, removing the chalk up to the northeast corner. "Let this pentagram banish all ill health and negativity from Oishi." He snuffed out the flame at the candle there. He repeated the process as he erased the whole star, ending back at the southwest corner again.

The acrobatics tennis player breathed a sigh of relief. The spells were over. He stood, taking his candles, the book, and his secret photo of Oishi before stuffing them in his bag. No visible remains of the spell remained - that was good. Eiji covertly exited the shed, putting on his smile again. He strode confidently out before racing off in search of Oishi.


At the lunchroom, five heads shot up at the same time. Each one felt the waves of energy course through their body; the waves making them clench their fists until the energies left them. They alone felt it, no one else did.

The five quickly finished up and met somewhere else, in an abandoned classroom of all places. The five just stood there, facing each other, until one broke the silence.

"Someone cast a real strong spell this time."

Another spoke, this one a boy. "It wasn't a spell. It was three. Couldn't you feel the meshing of them?"

The second girl there spoke. "One used a single easy candle, the second six candles, and the third a banishing pentagram."

Another boy nodded his head. "That's dangerous. Did you feel any limits?"

The last boy there shook his head, red hair waving. "All I felt was a pure desperation for the healing of another."

The first girl who had spoken opened her mouth and then closed it along with her eyes, the beauty mark under her right eye being accentuated. She opened them again. "Another newbie dabbler."

"With enough power to cast three consecutive healing spells." The other girl added, her brown braids waving as she shook his head.

"We need to find the room." The short boy with a bowl cut responded. "We need to inhibit the repercussions done by the spell."

"I'm half-tempted to leave them to suffer their fate, but the karma cycle won't forgive me." The last boy there admitted. "Let's go."

The redheaded boy glanced at his friends, eyes landing on the shortest boy. "Head North." The girl with the braids was next. "Northwest for you." The other girl was chosen after her. "Northeast." The last boy was given the final assignment. "Southwest is for you. I've got southeast." The boy then held all of them within his gaze. "We have to hurry before the effects of the spells fully manifest themselves."

"Such maturity... and insight." The boy chosen for North almost mocked the usually arrogant and hotheaded boy. "Remember to send out lashes of sealing power every few minutes. Let's seal this magic in the school with the pentagram. It's too much power to be let free."

The rest quickly agreed and left.

One bumped into another teen on the way over.

"Sorry Inui-sempai." He bowed slightly before rushing off; his frame was a bit taller than the rest of the group's.

Sunlight glinted off the third year's glasses, briefly contemplating following the boy, but decided that it would be better to watch the actions of those that were Regulars.


The girl stationed for northeast glided through the halls, launching sealing power periodically. Such power untrained was rare and they didn't want it leaking out. The wave of magic was still strong, but the girl couldn't quite pinpoint the location of the casting. Such was the life of witches.

She was so focused on the task at hand that she thoroughly ignored a boy walking through the halls, one that she usually fangirled so much it was almost painful to watch.

That single act caused the boy to drop his can of Ponta, surprised for once at not being smothered with fangirl admiration. Such drastic change would mean that there was something wrong with the girl, but his thoughts soon riveted to another person. He was looking for to seeing Momo-sempai for once, even if he only admitted it to himself.

The girl flew along before turning abruptly enough for her shoes to squeak against the floor and surprising the other students around her. There was a column of magical energy in her sight, having the particular aura of one of her friends. She would be there.

Once she reached the place, the girl recognized it as a simple storage shed, but the magic flowing from it said differently. The other four first-years were already there.

"Very good magical senses." One was saying. "They placed it really close to the Spirit point of the pentagram, perfect for the healing spells done here, while still getting help from the other elements. Whoever this is, they're good for a single."

"I agree." The other girl nodded.

The boy stationed for southwest winced right then. She recognized that he was pulling apart the spells in his head, a specialty for the boy. "He chanted in English."

The rest of their quintet winced in unison while some groaned. English was one of the strongest modern languages to chant in and had a variety of spells made by witches of the Wiccan variety - which happened to be very strong if given the right strengths. Factor in the power of rhymes and you've got some very strong spells. It reminded her that the witches of the Power of Three were American Witches.

"Let's go." The boy with red hair, their leader, ordered. The door was flung open and to their eyes a magical haze stood over the spot.

"They didn't clear off the remains." The braided girl whispered, biting her lip.

The last boy's eyes opened wide. "The spells' effects are cementing themselves!"

"Power of Five changing spell." Their leader ordered as they took up a circle around the spot where the spells were cast. All drew pentagrams in the air repeated as they chanted as one.

"By the Power of Five we summon our might,

"To protect another thou shalt change to our sight,

"Magic forces awakened by the caster,

"Thy powers will submit to our will and we become master

"The consequences of magic cast by one,

"We bind thee so our will shalt be done!" they chanted as one.

"By the power of Fire!" The redheaded boy opened his hands.

"By the power of Air!" The braided girl shouted.

"By the power of Water!" The tallest boy called.

"By the power of Earth!" The girl with the birthmark under her right eye yelled.

"By the power of Spirit!" The last boy chanted.

"The backlash of the magic is held by us and the caster is free,

"With the Power of Five so mote it be!"

The five sealed their spell with the endings of their respective pentagrams, all imagining that the spells' consequences would be sent upon themselves instead of the caster.

The shortest boy watched as the magical haze disappeared and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Ah! Lunch is almost over!" The redheaded boy shouted.

"Crap." The braided girl muttered as they exited the shed.

"Ne, what do think of Oishi-sempai?" The smallest boy asked.

"He's going to be fine!" The one who had previously stated their time restraints boasted. "He is Oishi-sempai! Don't worry!"

"As long as Ryoma-sama can play, it'll be great!" The girl with the birthmark shouted.

"Ahh." The braided girl agreed.

As the five left, another figure turned the corner. The third year tensai of Seigaku had his smile dropped from his face. Something was... off about those first-years. He didn't know what, there was just a flash of something across of his skin that made him pause. Fuji didn't like not knowing, so he was going to find out what was happening as fast as possible.


*shrugs* I made them easily recognizable and I did it because they usually are, for the most part, shown very little in fanfiction. They will be OOC, but only in the magical parts. The magic concept is from Wicca itself and it does have some references to Charmed.