Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ His, Mine, Ours ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"His, Mine, Ours."

A _Price of Tennis_ FanfictionBy Andrea Readwolf <andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com>Chapter: 1/1Rating: PGPairings: Tezuka + Genre: spam ficWarnings: silliness, shounen-ai, homosexual long-term relationships, and animals Spoilers: n/a Summary: Tezuka comes home at the end of the day and finds... Disclaimer: Tennis no Ohjisama, characters and settings are the property of Konomi Takeshi.Written August 15, 2004

"His, Mine, Ours."

Tezuka pulled into the driveway, smoothly braking to avoid running over the black and white tuxedo cat that darted out in front of his car and then raced up the steps of the house just to perch on the porch and look back at him as if to ask, "Well, human? Why haven't you opened this door for me, yet?"

As Tezuka exited his car, he could hear the children squealing and giggling from the back yard, to the accompaniment of a hysterically yapping dog. He let the cat enter before him, and it was immediately greeted by a smoky grey cat. The two felines head butted each other and purred before darting away towards the kitchen.

Tezuka hung his keys up on the proper hook next to the foyer fish tank, taking a second to make a quick fin count--All fish accounted for. Then he headed into the family room and to the salt water aquarium housed there to make another fin count before peeking out the back bay window.

There was the dog--torn between chasing two terrified rabbits or the children who were running around half-naked in their swimming suits.

Tezuka sighed and headed into the dining-kitchen area.

"Ah, Kunimitsu! I was wondering when you'd get home."

"Evening, Mother," he greeted the woman with a quick kiss and hug before getting out of the way of the woman who was busily frying.

"Your friends are over, dear," she announced unneccessarily.

"I thought they might be," he teased lightly, reaching out to steal a piece of the tempura zucchini.

"Hoi! Mrs. T! You have anymore of those yummy--Hey! Buchou! There you are!"

"Eiji," Tezuka greeted with a nod and small smile.

"Don't 'Eiji' me like that!" the red head protested with a teasing laugh.

"Then don't 'buchou' me--or have you forgotten that I am no longer your buchou."

"Once a buchou, always a buchou," Eiji informed the other man solemnly.

"I'll second that," a new voice replied. "So that man of mine has finally made it home," Fuji replied from behind Kikumaru, bumping the redhead out of the doorway. Fuji went to give Tezuka a kiss, but was stopped by the slightly queasy-horrified look on the taller man's face.

"I gave in to the dog," Tezuka said with false calmness. "We agreed to take care of the fish when Eiji and Oishi moved. The kids were a big step, but we went there, too; and when Inui and Kaidoh went and had kittens, we took two in, as well. I even gave in to the twins' request for the rabbits....but please don't tell me you expect me to agree to *that* thing, too?" Tezuka finished, point an accusing finger at Fuji's shoulder.

Fuji looked up at his shoulder and reached up a crooked finger to stroke under the large blue and yellow bird's chin. "Don't you like her?"

And then... the creature... *talked*.

"I'm the baby. Gotta love me."

Tezuka stared at it.

The others snickered.

And then Tezuka stared at his partner.

"Syusuke?"

"Relax," Fuji answered, smiling as he reached up and removed the bird from his shoulder to hand it to Eiji. "Echoe here was a gift to Ryoma from an American friend, and I do believe Momo's become too attached to her to be willing to be parted for very long."

Tezuka breathed a sigh of relief.

"Good."

~~owarimasu~~

Zan: Oh Tezuka now that Fuiji has seen the bird you are DOOMED to additions to the household. Neat story, Andrea.